It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets get together ATS no politics except tongue in cheek open a rare bottle with me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Recently I had a old bottle of presumably bourban turn up from an old cabinet of my departed grandfathers cabinet. Tonight I have decided to pop the cork. I have spoken multiple people that used to occasion a drink with him and a few presumed it was a wedding present to him and his wedding was in 1928. However, they could not confirm so its a mystery bottle. So lets go down the rabbit hole together im sure i will be in a talkative mood hopefully.

Concerns and comments ?

If your a liberal or conservative i dont care come on in

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Sure, pass the bottle and let's talk. What's on your mind?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You're doing better than me. All I have tonight is a cheap bottle of Sutter Home (left-over from Thanksgiving).
White zinfandel. It's not bad.... but it's not great either.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yang ksiezyc these days it seems my conciuosness is split between good and evil or yen and yang.

eluryh22 Ive been there my friend. My favorite wine is the Bota Box its really a good box of wine and i was quite impressed my first time buying

The bottle has no label ui suspect it long ago crumbled the cork is good tho the outside tip showed ome age but the bottom was well preserved

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Holy crap that is awesome...is it smooth...how's the finish and are you having it neat or with one cube?

I am partial to scotch and my wife bought me a bottle of Glenmorangie scotch/whiskey blend..it's really good and worth sharing with close friends..

Truth be told I'm also a huge fan of Amarula...it's similiar to a creamed liquor and it is delicious!!!! Great in coffe or on ice alone..

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You're on, Saiker. Good to take a pass on the Mud-Put and
all else election.
I've still got some of that maybe 60 yr old Beam that was
once in a jug shaped like my state.
I had a pull before decanting the chipped cork out-- and
I think it might be better with the crumbs IN! YEEOoow.

I'll do one more tonight with you to celebrate the end of
the campaigning for at least a few months.. worth it. PS
Still wouldn't rub that crap on my horse though...'s' nasty.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ive got some cheep Vodka, but WTF, I'm in

So tired of political BS though.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't drink but I got a left handed one all ready for the flame....what's on your mind?....Flame on!! I may get a little quiet at times....but that's expected, has a way of killing the conversation.
edit on 29-11-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

A little confused by "yang", but I'll go along with it. Ah ok I see what you mean. Does that mean I am evil? Why do you believe that though? I could probably see everyone being split in such a fashion, but are we really? Good and evil are human constructs after all and thus are not real in any objective sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Recently I had a old bottle of presumably bourban turn up from an old cabinet of my departed grandfathers cabinet.

Concerns and comments ?

PPS If the hooch was from Kentucky it might have gotten kicked off GLP.
I'd watch it, he may be a plant. And was he hiding in TWO cabinets?
That paint thinner's kickin' in now, time for a chaser...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Good and evil are human constructs after all and thus are not real in any objective sense.

I go back and forth on this in my own mind... but I'm not always so sure I agree with this. I think the terms "good" and "evil" are, of course, inventions of mankind. However, I'm not always sold that good and evil aren't universal truths.

I think that humans are capable of being "evil." I think some dogs are nasty little creatures but I wouldn't say that they are evil because they can't grasp certain concepts.

I do agree though that whether exclusively a human construct or a universal truth... everyone is a varying mix of good and evil.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Got into making homemade wine. Best hobby ever for persons inclined to procrastination. After primary fermentation, transfer to a carboy and wait. You do the next step in four weeks, or can wait up to six weeks. The finished product is comparable to the quality of a ten or twelve dollar bottle of wine with less sulfites. Most wine kits workout to the cost of 5 dollars a bottle, excluding hardware costs. If you want to keep the wine good for longer than a year, you do need to add more sulfites.

Homemade soda pop is also fun, and good for a suprize laugh from time to time. If you use the somewhat unpredictable method of natural carbonation, the occasional bottle tends to spray upon opening.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I'm not a staunch believer of that statement, and I suppose it could be possible that good and evil are only real when there is sentience? But then we have animal rights which is for the fact we believe that animals are sentient to some extent. Perhaps sentient more so in the understanding and ability to perceive the future like humans do.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nice on the old bottle of bourbon. I'm over here doing the regular Tuesday Absinthe thing.....

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Since this a bipartisan meeting thought I would throw out this fun nugget. Did you all know that president Obama is the first president to make alcohol on the White House grounds? He brews (brewed) beer there. Or rather I should say, his executive chef does.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I tend to lean towards the human construct idea. If you forget about human nature and consider everything else that exists in the natural universe. No event in nature is ever good or evil, unless observed by a human.

as for the OP

I'm an ex-alcoholic

But I will say that this budweiser de-alcoholised beer is a damn treat. Actually tastes like ice cold bud! Which is nice because it's hard to beat a cold one after a hard day!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

That's pretty cool. And I also liked they released the recipes.

I almost started to accuse them of being sissies since all three beers were honey beers.... Then I read that the honey came from the South lawn. So now they are just wimps haha.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't drink...

May I relax while burning my favorite dried flower?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Welcome everyone sorry ive been delayed in giving an update. The bourban is smooth drinking it with 3 cubes. I felt it after the first sip. Unfortunately, the dark cloud over my head has decided to ruin the evening im trying to get rid of her so standby.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm with you. But, at least it's going on. Must be pretty cool to get a 2am sandwich and beer!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join