It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News? Antarctica Expedition - Sebastian Copeland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Has anyone ever fully documented a trip across Antarctica, complete with video of the trek all the way across the continent?

It seems strange to see the way Sebastian Copeland has chosen to document his world record breaking expedition in 2011-2012:

FACEBOOK TIMELINE: Here's his facebook page with bizarre timeline that goes on and on and on, endlessly repeating the same material in different ways. The actual expedition was in 2011-2012, but I didn't have the patience to scroll back that far: www.facebook.com... will sit through it later and update the thread here as to what I actually find in 2011. UPDATE: After scrolling for 30 minutes I got to the first post of the trek. It starts on October 24, 2012 at Day 8 of the trek, documented from a perspective of historical narrative. I'd thought they would have diary entries, buy apoarantly not.

YOUTUBE DOCUMENTARIES: Heres his YouTube channel with all the "documentary" clips that supposedly document his epic trek: www.youtube.com... seems strangely devoid of real footage of an 80+ day trek. Check out the pageviews of the videos:

KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN: Here's his kickstarter campaign that seems to have been fully funded in 2011, then the comments just sorta stop mid sentence with no follow up: www.kickstarter.com...

PUBLISHED WORKS ON AMAZON: Then there's the book he was going to write about the Antarctica trek, which never came out, but instead the list of published works are all about climate change and endless works covering his multiple north pole treks: Amazon Book List

This whole thing seems so bizarre ...what am I missing?

It all nearly has the "feel" of a fake news story? Why would he fake this stuff?
edit on 29-11-2016 by androal because: updated amazon link

edit on 29-11-2016 by androal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: androal

The nazi held massive hole which leads to the Hollow earth he had to go around it or was sort of mind wiped and transported over the hole by the Moon people.
Or he just conned everyone or died.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
LOL... Thats exactly what i thought! I can just see it now, kite skiing right into a giant hole, parachuting into the polar vortex then warping into the moon or perhaps mars (per my Google Earth post about the moon!!!)

a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Obama says fake news once and now everybody is running with it like their pre programmed brains are suppose to i guess.

This is like the alt right thing, never heard of it once until Hillary said it.

Then all the automatons and robot monkey brains started regurgitating it everywhere constantly.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah, i only used the term because it actually seems to fit this story. Quite an elaborate effort for such a peculiar subject though...right?

Fake News has definitely repeated so often it's now in the common vernacular. A consequence of the MSM propaganda campaigns.

It's remarkably effective - no?

a reply to: Darkmadness

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I assume that you realize the absurdity of your statement about doing a video all the way across Antarctica?

What a packpack load of batteries and reliable equipment that would be!

Not to say that the exact trip is not under suspicion--I have no idea nor do I care, but somethings I do care about.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Must've saw this sign:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Must've saw this sign:

TOTALLY!!!!!! Right!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, they did film a bit of it (look at the youtube clips)

That's part of why it seems so strange. Why record 2 minutes of footage and not even document the trip in a diary or something. There is very little actually said about the trip.

It just seems odd.

I'm hoping to plan an expedition there myself and was looking forward to reading about their experiences. Theres simply not much content for such a heroic and life altering expedition.

I was hoping for more

a reply to: Aliensun

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: androal
Well, they did film a bit of it (look at the youtube clips)

That's part of why it seems so strange. Why record 2 minutes of footage and not even document the trip in a diary or something. There is very little actually said about the trip.

Maybe he took the Kickstarter money, filmed a couple of minutes of a tourist trip he took to Antarctica (or someplace that looks like Antarctica), and then never actually embarked on the expedition, keeping that $16,518 to spend on other things.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ok. Call of the dogs! I found the daily log I was looking for on their website. detailed diary of the trip. They documented day-by-day exactly the trek across the south pole.

Good debunk for FE'ers?

Apologies if I offended the explorers who risked their lives for this expedition.

sebastiancopelandadventures.com...

the facebook pages (waayyyyyy back in time...) match up with the blog archives on their website.

It was just a matter of digging deeper. LOL!

Antarctic 2011 Expedition is REAL NEWS!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: androal
Yeah, i only used the term because it actually seems to fit this story. Quite an elaborate effort for such a peculiar subject though...right?

Fake News has definitely repeated so often it's now in the common vernacular. A consequence of the MSM propaganda campaigns.

It's remarkably effective - no?

a reply to: Darkmadness

Before the term "fake news" was coined we had another word which I feel was sufficient, that word was "Bullshyt"

The more I hear about Antarctica the more I feel flat Earthers could be onto something when they say its actually the circumference of the globe.
Antarctica is a weird place and our governments response to it is even weirder

new topics

top topics

join