It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe & China will out do America's NASA.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by titus

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Face it folks Europe will land a man on Mars before America will because America is in debt because of the wars.

gimme some dates,

otherwize i'm convinced that russia will beat both europe and amerika to mars.

Weve been to Mars allready. Russia cant past the earth orbit. Let them gain control of their own territories, then worry about Mars.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We would have Warp drive by now if Russia, EU, China, and the US would work together to move humanity into outer space...

All such a waste of humanities resources redoing what has been done just because we have different govenrments. By working together I mean all funding one contract to design and develope a multinational Space Exploration Agency/Allaince/foundation what ever you want to call it.

Imagine what we could do or could have allready done...

We all bleed red.

X

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
We would have Warp drive by now if Russia, EU, China, and the US would work together to move humanity into outer space...

All such a waste of humanities resources redoing what has been done just because we have different govenrments. By working together I mean all funding one contract to design and develope a multinational Space Exploration Agency/Allaince/foundation what ever you want to call it.

We all bleed red.

X

Look, I hate to be a nay-sayer. But I think space exploration is total waste of money. Where is the nearest hospitible planet? Any ideas? We cant there. THere are no "wormholes" as Sagen suggested. Its all a fantasy. Thats the same reason I doubt the whole UFO thing. We are on the outer limits of the galaxy. There is nothing for trillions and trillions of miles and we will never be able to get there.

If they want to send little rovers and satellites, no problem, but I think Mars is about as far as we go. Even then. How are they going to get back? It aint the moon folks. Weve seen the pictures of the planet and there aint squat there. rocks. thats it. Show me a city or a ruined city and that might sway me. Show me rocks and Ill show you Arizona.

Spend that money on our citizens and veterans. Not some star trek inspired fantasy, cuz we are never going to get there. Also, why would aliens make a trek all the way here. for what? I dont buy it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If we dont make any efforts to get into space we all die with our sun Sol when it goes. So even making it to mars wont save the human race we have to get out of the entire solar system. The work we do now is laying the foundation for that in the future.

If we put all our money into helping the poor and vets and stuff like that we will have a perfect society about the same time the sun goes Nova. But im sure a asteroid will kill us all long before that anyway if we all living on this planet.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Spliff
Also, why would aliens make a trek all the way here. for what? I dont buy it.

Who knows? Maybe all the other alien races out there have being around a lot longer then us and are all peacefull, and then they look at this world where people kill eachother on a daily basis, and we have the capability to get to space and have nuclear warheads, Even as primative as we must seem, we still represent a threat.

and far as space exploration is concerned: I'm all for it.
The Mars Rovers have proved that water once existed on the surface of Mars, The nexy Mars mission will be an orbiter and will map its surface clearer then ever before. and the Moon is a good stepping stone, as well as possible power station by using solar cells, or build a telescope on it and get some amazing clarity. The moon shows signs that it was water stored as ice in its poles, and previous missions have proved that it has a very large amount of Titanium, which is an excellent metal. Regardless massive amounts of money will be poured into space, because it has such vast potential in every field. Several modern day advances have come from space research.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Originally posted by Xeven

We all bleed red.

X

Look, I hate to be a nay-sayer. But I think space exploration is total waste of money. Where is the nearest hospitible planet? Any ideas? We cant there. THere are no "wormholes" as Sagen suggested. Its all a fantasy. Thats the same reason I doubt the whole UFO thing. We are on the outer limits of the galaxy. There is nothing for trillions and trillions of miles and we will never be able to get there.

If they want to send little rovers and satellites, no problem, but I think Mars is about as far as we go. Even then. How are they going to get back? It aint the moon folks. Weve seen the pictures of the planet and there aint squat there. rocks. thats it. Show me a city or a ruined city and that might sway me. Show me rocks and Ill show you Arizona.

Spend that money on our citizens and veterans. Not some star trek inspired fantasy, cuz we are never going to get there. Also, why would aliens make a trek all the way here. for what? I dont buy it.

You do know that once people actualy thought that the earth was flat? You are one of those people who would have denied the great explorers who uncovered out world? If humans all thought like that we would all live in a cave somewere in africa...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by titus

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Face it folks Europe will land a man on Mars before America will because America is in debt because of the wars.

gimme some dates,

otherwize i'm convinced that russia will beat both europe and amerika to mars.

ESA Aurora roadmap to Mars

* 2007 – an entry vehicle demonstrator mission to validate and demonstrate high-speed re-entry technology
* 2009 – ExoMars, an exobiology mission to send a rover to Mars in order to search for traces of life – past or present – and characterise the nature of the surface environment.
* 2011 / 2014 – Mars sample return, a split mission to bring back to Earth the first samples of Martian material
* 2014 – Human mission technologies demonstrator(s) to validate technologies for orbital assembly and docking, life support and human habitation
* 2018 – a technology precursor mission to demonstrate aerobraking/aerocapture, solar electric propulsion and soft landing (formerly envisaged as a smaller Arrow-class mission to be launched in 2010)
* 2024 – a human mission to the Moon to demonstrate key life support and habitation technologies, as well as aspects of crew performance and adaptation and in situ resources utilisation technologies
* 2026 – an automatic mission to Mars to test the main phases of a human mission to Mars
* 2030 / 2033 – a split mission that will culminate in the first human landing on Mars

Aurora is part of Europe's strategy for space, endorsed by the European Union Council of Research and the ESA Council in 2001.

At the moment Aurora is a go it alone project for ESA, the Russians are well aware of the 2030/2033 date and will probably attempt a landing before this possibly as early as 2015. I don't believe NASA has made its position on Mars clear yet but if it wants to get there first these are the dates to work to.

<< 1   >>

join