It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe & China will out do America's NASA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Face it folks Europe will land a man on Mars before America will because America is in debt because of the wars.

It's stupid for America to have another manned Moon mission since we sent men up there six times already (or five if you believe the first one was hoaxed.) China has a better chance of building the "Moon Base" than we do, it would be a waste of money anyway trasporting the materials and then building the thing.

The Internation Space Station isn't even completed yet, geez how could be build a Moon Base?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Let Europe get a few more men into space on their own and perhaps their own space station then a moon trip first before you start talking about Mars. And hows Europes Beagle 1 doing on mars again? But you do have Huygens or did since its long dead but how did it get to Titan?

China is also still playing catch up big time in the manned space travel. They did something Russia and the US did decades ago.

"Internation Space Station isn't even completed yet " yeah true but how are the other space stations doing? Oh wait they only other one crashed into the ocean years ago.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

jra

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
And hows Europes Beagle 1 doing on mars again? But you do have Huygens or did since its long dead but how did it get to Titan?

The Beagle probe was British and it hitched a ride on an ESA probe. Huygens was ESA though and yes it hitched a ride on a NASA probe.

...how are the other space stations doing? Oh wait they only other one crashed into the ocean years ago.

Well that was on purpose though. It was around for 15 years and it was becoming unusable. It needed to go.

To the original poster. I'm not so sure about the ESA beating NASA to Mars, but time will tell. Anyway what's the point of this thread other than to trash NASA? besides all the space agencies work together anyway... and yes even China is looking to work with NASA as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good point jra ESA and NASA do work together and I do remember a recent thread in which China showed a interest in working with NASA in the future.

The days of showing whos got better tech by showcasing space agencies died with the Soviet Union.

I have heard estimates of a future mars mission as high as a trillion dollars closer to 20-40 billion I would bet though , no space agency can afford that right now. Likely a future Mars manned mission will be a international effort.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yep, good point...Also don't forget the ISS is an international effort

Maybe the next manned mission will be an international endevour as well!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Maybe the next manned mission will be an international endevour as well!

I wouldn't be suprised if it had some corporate sponsors as well. Let PEPSI and Microsoft put there logos on the mars rocket or launch platform and you could raise some major bucks for the mission.

Im sure a manned mars mission launch would bring in over a billion viewers easy

[edit on 26-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just makes sense to do it together, then no one nation needs to shoulder the financial burden. Plus i also find that when man attempts things that are nearly impossible and they attempt it together that it some how draws us all together as a people. WOuld be wonderful to see the world working together to send a few people to our closest neighbor (i think at least)

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Amen Super Strokey, IMO we should have not waited so long to attempt a moon base. We will develop alot of new technologies that mankind can benifit from.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
For ages.....
Man thought the moon was made of Cheese.
The United States of America went there.
It wasn't.
We haven't been back since.

Your welcome to go check for yourself though

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't trust the Chinese space agency since China is keen to steal technology from the United States, which I think is why NASA was suspicious of China's space agency; but otherwise, I see no problem with countries working together.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nasa wont work with China on big missions, but i'm sure for political reasons they will have some joint missions, but i'm also sure that all the important tech will be US made. China's space agency is military, thats why Nasa ignores them, because the US Government wont give China any of our advanced tech. In 2003 they put their first man in space, countries congratulated them, but the US and Nasa said nothing. Chinese space officials were suprised that they didn't even get a supportive phone call from the US on there achievment. The ISS is a huge money sucker, and yet when the Chinese wanted to be apart of the International Space Station, Nasa shot down there proposel, they even offered to spend an equal amount of cash as the US, and they still didn't even get a second look.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
China and Europe aint gonna do it without us. Face it world, you hate us because you need us. Very immasculating, I'm sure...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, the Chinese Space Agency's scientists I believe are honest, hard-working science-lovers who were really upset when NASA ignored them because they want to work with NASA a lot; after all, NASA knows a lot more than they do.

But who these scientists WORK FOR is the bad part; China's scientists I see no problem with, but who they work for, in the end, is bad, as sharing space technology with China would likely lead to them acquiring advanced technology that we don't want them to have, especially since space is the new battlezone in terms of things like communications and satellites right now.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
In 2003 they put their first man in space, countries congratulated them, but the US and Nasa said nothing. Chinese space officials were suprised that they didn't even get a supportive phone call from the US on there achievment. The ISS is a huge money sucker, and yet when the Chinese wanted to be apart of the International Space Station, Nasa shot down there proposel, they even offered to spend an equal amount of cash as the US, and they still didn't even get a second look.

I did not know that very interesting Murcielago
Im suprised about the ISS offer going Renminbi for dollar with the US would have been a tempting offer indeed.

jra

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Nasa wont work with China on big missions, but i'm sure for political reasons they will have some joint missions, but i'm also sure that all the important tech will be US made. China's space agency is military, thats why Nasa ignores them, because the US Government wont give China any of our advanced tech. In 2003 they put their first man in space, countries congratulated them, but the US and Nasa said nothing. Chinese space officials were suprised that they didn't even get a supportive phone call from the US on there achievment. The ISS is a huge money sucker, and yet when the Chinese wanted to be apart of the International Space Station, Nasa shot down there proposel, they even offered to spend an equal amount of cash as the US, and they still didn't even get a second look.

Well I don't know if you saw my thread (I don't think many people did) here were I posted a link to an article that talked about NASA and China working together. It doesn't say what kinds of missions they would be, but I think they'd be more than just for political reasons.

You say that the US and NASA said nothing when China put a man into orbit? really? I clearly remember Sean O'keefe congradulating China...

www.space.com

The United States and other governments congratulated China on what the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, whose Space Shuttle Columbia was lost in February, called ``an important achievement in the history of human exploration.''

``The Chinese people have a long and distinguished history of exploration,'' said NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe. He wished China ``a continued safe human space flight program.''

I don't know anything about China wanting to be apart of the ISS, so I don't know if you're correct about NASA shooting down there proposal or not. I'll have to look around for info on that.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by jra]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
For ages.....
Man thought the moon was made of Cheese.
The United States of America went there.
It wasn't.
We haven't been back since.

Your welcome to go check for yourself though

Damn right they will check, the US can't keep the largest known cheese deposits secret forever. Did you really expect to be able to hide that much cheese from the French?

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
your just trying to start arguements and cause controversy so you can collect more points !!

you are just one of those people who post a very BS thread about something that will ONLY cause arguements

i think you should be punished for that
like having your thread removed!

threads like this ONLY cause fights and it becomes an endless arguement between countless people

why dont you go post something else
and someone remove this thread
this is disgusting behavior ProphetOfYahweh

shame on you
trying to start fights just because YOU think its Fun

well i dont think its cool to post a article like this for the PURPOSE of causing controversy
i think you need help

youve got serious issues dude....
seek help please

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Face it folks Europe will land a man on Mars before America will because America is in debt because of the wars.

gimme some dates,

otherwize i'm convinced that russia will beat both europe and amerika to mars.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

as posted byTitus
...otherwize i'm convinced that russia will beat both europe and amerika to mars.

Dreams are amazing and awesome things, ain't they, Titus?
Ever heard of the very old adage/cliche' that states: It takes money to make money?

Question, Titus?
Has Russia actually landed a man on the moon yet?
Oh, no matter.
The only way that the European's, Chinese, or Russian's will place a man on Mars, is with the help and advice of NASA. Frankly, instead of talking about who has the biggest brick, how about they join forces in a common goal and purpose and jointly head off to Mars.....together?

seekerof

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Jra

I remember reading that Nasa did not congratulate CNSA right away on their success. I read this from spacedaily.com, but I cant find a link to it. But no looking around on the web and they all seem to say "Nasa Welcomes China" and so on, I'm sure they have congratulated them, but I dont think they did it as soon as other countries did.

Most people (who pay attention to the news) know that in the Future the US might go to war with China, So thats why Nasa wont share any tech. I cant envision a partenership of a US and Chinese astronaut's being onboard the same spacecraft, for at least the next 20 years.

Everything in life has 2 sides, sure they say they want out rocket tech for peacefull sat launches for agricultural purposes, but nothing is stoping them from using the same rocket design to mass produce thousands of missiles pointing at the US.

I have no doubt that in the future Nasa & CNSA will work together, but it will be on a limited bases.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Murcielago]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join