It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump's nominee for Treasury Secretary: former employee for Goldman Sachs and Soros.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Because people can't change....

...unless they were former KKK Grand Cyclops, founders of their own KKK chapter and legendary KKK recruiter like Hilllary's mentor Robert Byrd.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

That's one shallow swamp

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Trump and Soros have had business dealings together, mingled in the same social circles, and even enjoyed each others' company.

Liberals should be ecstatic having Trump elected, he is the perfect liberal, pretending to be conservative in order to get globalist totalitarian liberal policy enacted.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What did people expect some kind of reformer. Ha!

Trumps is looking just like Bush 2000, almost to the tee with the same old crowd, and mark my word he will do the same old thing in-fact it will be worse.

He even has a mini dick Cheney in Pence

A Military crowd around him as Bush did

Conservative radicals who want to privative Medicare, SS, and Medicade and gut any national health insurance.

The same old financial swamp dwellers connected to the same old network in the Bush Obama/Hillary network.

I hate to say it

We told you so

We told you he was a liar...deceiver and the same old ethic

He denounces Hillary Clinton, yet he may hire a guy who was actually convicted for the things Hillary wasn't even indicted for

We don't have to wait and see what he does his administration is already F___ed up... as F___ed up as he always was and is and will be

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Liberals should be ecstatic having Trump elected, he is the perfect liberal, pretending to be conservative in order to get globalist totalitarian liberal policy enacted.

I think you just might be right.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Former Soros and Sachs, double whopper. Weren't some looking for an indication that the candidates where the same sides of the coin? Recall Clinton and Sachs support?

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Every single employee of Goldman Sachs or Soros, with no exception, is a crook? Is that what you're saying?

Not necessarily am sure but it is the company one keeps that is an issue and in this case it's not just personal but "company" that could impact issues being his was an employee of GS for 17 years.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Or Trumps father who was friendly with the Klan, friendly enough to get arrested with them.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

BREAKING: Trump to Name Steven Mnuchin, Former Soros Employee, as Treasury Secretary.

Mr. Mnuchin, the son of a Goldman Sachs partner, joined the firm after graduating from Yale University. He worked there for 17 years, rising to oversee trading in government securities and mortgage bonds.

From 2003 to 2004, Mnuchin worked as chief executive of SFM Capital Management, which the Wall Street Journal reports is backed by Soros. He also worked for Soros Fund Management LLC, according to Bloomberg.

Not Ron Paul, Peter Schiff or Jim Rogers...

Thank you for your thread, gladtobehere.
Star and Flag for you.

I agree. This is a very bad move, Mr. Trump,
a very bad start.
a big
thumbs down for you, Mr. Trump.

and, as I wrote in another post some days ago, the appointment of the Secretary of the Treasury post is KEY.
It would be the revealing card of where Donald Trump really stands.

All the Secretaries of the Treasury of the last 30 years were either from Goldman Sachs, either from the Federal Reserve (which is basically the same thing!)

very, very BAD !

so, with Trump we will have more of the same.
I am greatly disappointed.

I thought we were draining the swamp, not filling it.

Exactly !!!

edit on 30-11-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

I'm willing to see what this man can do under the theme and direction of bringing this country back from the brink of destruction, as I see it. We've had a series of presidents who sought to sell-out, rape, take this country down and turn it into something it was never meant to be -- Bush's, Clinton's and Mr. Obama, as I see it.

The whole theme of this presidency is about rebooting this country onto a better, more productive and prosperous path, as I see it. The whole theme is about not being duplicitous -- telling the public one happy thing while behind the scenes doing the exact opposite for nefarious ends.

I don't care for NPR but I will give them a break (I don't pick up a bad vibe from Mnuchin after studying his picture as I do with other people I won't name):

"Steve Mnuchin is a world-class financier, banker and businessman, and has played a key role in developing our plan to build a dynamic, booming economy that will create millions of jobs," Trump said in a statement.

"I understand what needs to be done to fix the economy," Mnuchin said in a statement, adding he would help implement "a bold economic agenda."

Not to be one-sided:

The banker's involvement in OneWest Bank following the 2008 housing market crash could complicate his confirmation.

NPR link

Like I stated, I'm willing to let these people show what they are truly made of, as a part of the Trump team, and how serious they really are about turning the tide. I don't expect perfection but I expect much more integrity of purpose than other presidencies come January 20th, 2017.

Hell hath no fury like mine if I am betrayed.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
More anti-Trump media trying to steal the taste of victory from Trump supporters. Albeit it was clever from OP to link an article from a site called "Red State" - but the article is clearly trickled down from the failing NY Times.

Reading into Mnuchin's history at Sachs & with Soros: His father was with Sachs until 2000, and Mnuchin left Sachs in 2002.

After that it seems that Soros' ties with him involve investing money into Mnuchin and Soros benefitting from it financially.

Are there sources of Mnuchin having dirty organizations, like that of Soros? When working in the financial world I bet it's hard to play at the top and not be involved with Soros, unfortunately. It also seems like he was involved at Soros Fund Management briefly. I haven't read or heard Steve Mnuchin's name in any of the insanity from the housing scandals.

I'm already skeptical about the pick due to the buzzwords 'Sachs' and 'Soros' being attached (trained like an abused dog) - but given his history it doesn't seem like he was too deeply ingrained. I work for lawyers and some end up being corrupt - does that make me corrupt?

Mnuchin and Trump have worked together for 15 years. Mnuchin left Goldman Sachs 14 years ago. Mnuchin had investments from Soros and worked for Soros Fund Management before starting his own firms. This could mean two things:

1) Mnuchin is a crook just like the other bankers appointed to cabinet positions.

2) Mnuchin knows the inside and would be able to get feet into the door easier than straight declaring war.

Perhaps in the days of Andrew Jackson we could do this a little differently... although I'm sure we very well could take swift measures to end corruption. Not sure why we need to take it slow, but hopefully they will be able to work something out with this guy as secretary, if he ends up being the secretary.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Realistically, the Treasury Secretary has to be someone who runs in high financial circles. It needs to be someone who understands that world. Trump can't just nominate some H&R Block tax adviser. Within that circle, the number of people who don't have some connection to Soros is probably tiny. It would be like trying to find someone from the Silicon Valley scene who never met Steve Jobs.

Also, CNN is actively hawking the meme that Trump is "filling the swamp," so I'm inclined to be skeptical and wait to see what these people actually say & do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join