It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Self-Radicalized Millitant"," Lone Wolf"---Authorities Call Ohio State Attacker (terrorist)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Self-radicalizing is a new term for me, but the attack at Ohio State may have been just that. Authorities are not finding any connection to known groups. The Islamic state took credit for the attack. I wonder how they can be so sure?

Artan may have followed the same path the self-radicalization as other militant attackers in the recent past. Artan made statements like reaching a boiling point and sick and tired on face book. He also called a US radical cleric a hero. Something was/is going on here.

WASHINGTON/COLUMBUS, Ohio (Reuters) - A Somali immigrant who injured 11 people at Ohio State University in a vehicle and stabbing attack before he was shot dead may have followed the same path to self-radicalization as militants in a number of "lone wolf" attacks, U.S. officials said on Tuesday.

The Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility on Tuesday for the attack.
ca.news.yahoo.com...

The authorities can't find any info to tie Artan to a know terrorist groups, like the Florida attackers that struck in Orlando.

Artan's actions fit the pattern of lone-wolf militants who carried out other attacks in the United States, such as the gunman who shot to death 49 people at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in June, and the man who killed four U.S. Marines and a Navy sailor in a shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee, last year, the officials said.

edit on 29-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sounds like a fair assessment...he absolutely could have been self radicalized...people are nuts and I've said it before..not all blacks are drug dealers, not all whites are racists, not all catholic priests are pedophiles (you get the gist of it). People use what ever circumstances that are available to commit some horrible events..our politicians do it all the time..
edit on 29-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well according to Sky News at some point this evening, they were running with "Daesh" havng claimed him as a lone wolf operative.

It's not on their website currently, but it was on the ticker tape for a while.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There are probably traveling radical clerics that go from mosque to mosque looking to radicalize disturbed individuals who have already been identified by local religious leaders. The network of shelter provided by the mosques would be ideal to move them, hide them, supply them with all the funds they need etc. The level of fear and secrecy within the Islamic community would be the key to their being able to operate unhindered. No Islamic person would turn in such a cleric because they know their families would be slaughtered mercilessly in the name of their God with the whole community in silent approval.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"radical."
"islamic."
"terror."
"and ill tell you what, we have a president that refuses to use the term."
-Trump

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I find it so coincidental that during the reign of Barak Hussein Obama we have been victim to such a vast number of radicalized islamist attacks here in America. I can't for the life of me remember this being such a real threat prior to his time as president.

What I remember is 9/11 changing the scope of our world with threats here and there yet no materialization of any impending attacks.
Supposedly the authorities were always there in the nick of time to foil plots and attempts of bombings but I never believed any of them were pure radicals in action.
Suddenly, as we were "hunting" a man named Osama bin Laden the most wanted man in the world, we got a kenyan man named Barak Hussein Obama for our leader. Since then we have seen the worst financial crisis of modern time, the rise of an organization called Isis and now the possibility of war with Russia coupled with more attacks on our police and radical Islamic attacks than I care to remember.
All the while this call to end "gun violence" from every scope of the land.
Coincidence that we are more polarized than ever. Another militant lone wolf attacks.
I guess they were never capable of pulling off these attacks before Barry took office.
It's been some 8 years I tell you.
I mean if you were trying to end the future of our free world I wonder how different the means to that end would look from what we have all witnessed these two terms of office?
edit on 29-11-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So if some crazy white Christian did this it would have been just a knife assault after crashing a car, but because the guy was a muslim with a facebook account the act was terrorism?

Ah, semantics are such a crucial part of manipulating the public perception.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Depends

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe they couldn't find any information or link because they didn't plan or let it happen. .....

top topics

join