It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Heard Mysterious Knocking In Space, No One Can Explain--- Spooked Astronauts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Crap. There used to be this joke email about testing Russian cosmonauts in the Mir space station. Part of it involved the various cosmonauts' reactions to the secret remote arm knocking on the hatch, and that next week they would deploy the alien dummy to look in the windows. Can't find the damned thing. But it's the first thing I thought of.

The first thing I thought of was the reverence Eastern philosophy gives to the dead, ancestors play a bigger role in the practice of burial and memorials, etc. They believe more in the spirit side of things than we 'practical' western minds do.

The astronauts may have known what they were experiencing but the story makes good fodder for the public.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

My sentiments exactly. That song was used to good effect in the film, Christine.

"Ya keep on knocking but ya can't come in..."

Whatever you do don't open the door...

I think it was used better in the film Cheech and Chong: Up in smoke. 🚬

Cheech and Chong movies, laugh-a-riot.

We rolled a giant joint from the giant paper that came with the album, Big Bambu.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Which reminds me of a song and a cheesy vid.

Never saw that one before, you're right kinda cheesy. Kinda cool tune, too.

More popular stream, about opening doors 'full of light', too...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I would be inclined to agree with you but have you ever been into space. Anything that goes bump in the night would be pretty creepy.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nice!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Butterfinger

Ok, I must be new to this. I have never heard of anything like it. I have some exciting learning to do. Thank you for the post.

Same here! Thanks to all the thread contributors. WOW. Do we tend to believe them because they are astronauts?

The angels story was from the Weekly World News, an offshoot of the National Enquirer for even more gullible grocery store shoppers. They were into fake-news well before the Internet.

And as I have always said, if there were news that they did not want to be believed and yet may leak out, a good place to release your story is in such places. That way no one gets killed for releasing the story. The world does work this way believe what you each will, I selectively decide on my own and not by the news source for this reason.

Or...its much more simple. They make up fake news to sell magazines.

And possibly some of both.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I would be inclined to agree with you but have you ever been into space. Anything that goes bump in the night would be pretty creepy.

I agree. 100%. Are you saying that despite knowing that it is an expanding/contracting ship they would have been scared, because 'up there' things seem more scary and therefore thought it may have been something else?
Sorry to ask but wasn't sure what you meant.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Pretty much yes. It's gotta be scary up there.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been said, but it needs it once more...

Aliens... They want to borrow a cup of BRAINS! just a cup...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I thought that was zombies.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Can be ETs too, least to test on and / or experimentation...

Maybe it's a Zombie Alien... Could be natural to them, hell could even be part of their reproduction... eww

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

You're twisting my melon bro.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Maybe that's what THEY want!

RUN!

Run For Your Lives!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Words like "mysterious" or "strange" should be banned from the scientific forums....
Because im certain there's a logical non-strange answer...

Erm you do know that one of the quarks (fundamental building block of particles [at least for now]) is called "strange ", right next to "charm"
?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
HA! Finally recalled enough specific wording to locate the original source of the email we were all forwarding around...

KOROLYOV, RUSSIA—U.S. and Russian scientists are increasingly excited about the Mir space station project, which promises to reveal more than has ever been known about the scientific relationship between weightlessness and mortal terror.

"By stranding our scientists on a dilapidated space station with faulty wiring, loose hardware, and malfunctioning air systems," NASA head Daniel Goldin said, "we have created extremely favorable conditions for learning about spaceborne panic."

Onion

"They are in a constant state of what aerospace scientists term 'mind-shattering terror,' frightened for their very lives," Russian mission director Vladimir Solovyov said. "And we have not even used the hull-mounted Alien puppet that taps on the window yet."

edit on 30-11-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

wow.

just wow.

I missed it back then.

could have used the laugh.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

Thanks for your comment, TigStar82. This information really helps to put the story in perspective. It is surprising that the astronauts failed to make the same attribution. Also, the experience of being in space promises some surprises because it's new to us. We still have much to learn about the physics of being in space.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Almost sounds like an elaborate viral for the upcoming movie "Life"....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join