It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Heard Mysterious Knocking In Space, No One Can Explain--- Spooked Astronauts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Crap. There used to be this joke email about testing Russian cosmonauts in the Mir space station. Part of it involved the various cosmonauts' reactions to the secret remote arm knocking on the hatch, and that next week they would deploy the alien dummy to look in the windows. Can't find the damned thing. But it's the first thing I thought of.

Sounds like a 'Comedy Central' routine, but there IS a real incident not dissimilar to the situation.

Two guys were on a six-month Salyut expedition. They were working different experiments in different sections of the station. One of them grew drowsy and went into the Soyuz capsule for a nap in one of the seats, and he pulled the hatch mostly closed to cut down on noise of the fans in the main station.

The other guy needed help, called for his buddy, grew concerned, and began searching. He finally reached the Soyuz port, saw the mostly-closed hatch, and to be polite gently knocked.

Startled awake, the sleeping cosmonaut blurted out the obvious challenge. "Who's there?"

Within a second, both men began laughing uproariously. It was a good day.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Butterfinger

Ok, I must be new to this. I have never heard of anything like it. I have some exciting learning to do. Thank you for the post.

Same here! Thanks to all the thread contributors. WOW. Do we tend to believe them because they are astronauts?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Ok, I must be new to this. I have never heard of anything like it. I have some exciting learning to do. Thank you for the post.

Same here! Thanks to all the thread contributors. WOW. Do we tend to believe them because they are astronauts?

The angels story was from the Weekly World News, an offshoot of the National Enquirer for even more gullible grocery store shoppers. They were into fake-news well before the Internet.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Obama calls Putin to complain about Russia's seizure of Ukrainian territory, but Putin rejects the complaint and tries to deflect him.

P: 'Lighten up. Let's do a knock-knock joke. Knock knock!'

O: Who's there?

Putin: Crimea.

O: Crimea who?

Putin: Crimea river, loser. [hangs up]

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So quick to discount something are we?

Anything besides a wiki post and meme to prove/ disprove this statement???

Read the thread. The entire site is tongue-in-cheek.

This is why fake news is so popular.

edit on 29-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

The angels story was from the Weekly World News, an offshoot of the National Enquirer for even more gullible grocery store shoppers. They were into fake-news well before the Internet.

And as I have always said, if there were news that they did not want to be believed and yet may leak out, a good place to release your story is in such places. That way no one gets killed for releasing the story. The world does work this way believe what you each will, I selectively decide on my own and not by the news source for this reason.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

My sentiments exactly. That song was used to good effect in the film, Christine.

"Ya keep on knocking but ya can't come in..."

Whatever you do don't open the door...

I think it was used better in the film Cheech and Chong: Up in smoke. 🚬

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

But you can’t come in.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm a welder by trade, I build a lot of pressurised fuel tanks everything from low pressure car fuel tanks to high pressure drone fuel tanks and pressure testing equipment for Meggitt Avionics. Pressurised metal makes noise all the time, even a tiny drop/raise in pressure can make one hell of a bang. Changes of temperature are the biggest cause, when our nitrogen supply purges it makes our workshop drop a few degrees and the whole place start popping and banging with all the metal tanks and welded/fixed thin sheet metal contracting. I would imagine there's huge temp changes to the space craft as it orbits so this will cause something as huge as the craft to pop like a coke bottle

I fail to believe that someone as intelligent as an astronaut cant figure this out or are they just as dumb as the monkeys we used to send up, if they are that dumb then we should just save cash and make it a 1 way trip the same as all the monkeys and dogs that have been lost in space

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Agreed. The ship is "settling".

Maybe that, or some psychological effect from being in space?

My bet is that this is only a mechanical effect of heat and cold.

The knocking may be a physical knocking the result of having no protective atmosphere sheilding the craft from extremes of heat and cold...expansion and contraction instantly upon being in the full glare and high heat of the Sun, and then in the freezing darkness away from it, will cause massive and very sudden temperature changes on the craft itself.

It's the same thing as a radiator knocking when it heats up or cools down, or the same thig happens to a log burner when it heats up or cools down...it's literally a knocking, and can be described as very much like a wooden mallet hitting a metal bucket repeatedly.

If the craft is rotating into the Sun, out of the Sun, into the Sun etc...the knocking would probably be almost constant.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I am amazed how thick Chinese astronauts are, I mean they put people into space that have less knowledge than the average ATS member.
First thought after hearing knocking in a spaceship seems to everyone that it is the settling of the ship itself due to heat.
It was even my first thought.
But not the Chinese astronauts, oh no, that never crosses their minds.
What morons are they letting lose out there? /S

I sincerely hope that those astronauts at least once thought of this explanation.

Or...

...or, lets play devil's advocate and assume that they did think of that but it sounded nothing like it ["didn't sound as if it came from the outside nor inside..."].

Best explanation is that it is of psychological origin but I wonder if only one heard it or more. If more, than psychological is also out of the question.

Whatever it is, it's a new space mystery that is far more interesting than any Hillary vs Trump posts in the past 9+ months ever were. Thanks S&F

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I want to believe!

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: Butterfinger

What....the...F@ck!!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

My sentiments exactly. That song was used to good effect in the film, Christine.

Which reminds me of a song and a cheesey vid.

I bet the Chinese guys suit was working overtime.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

What morons are they letting lose out there? /S

Let's be honest...getting into a seat, strapping yourself in, and fired off into space atop a massive potential explosive means you'd have to be either a complete hero, or a total moron...perhaps both.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
thought of anorher one that fits.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justanotherman
i would guess that such a noice can be made because of the change of high pressure (during takeoff) to no pressure at all.
Sortof like a plastic bottle of water u squeezed while drinking then it reforms to the normal form after a while (happens alot here in my home and it startles my gf every time ^^)

Bingo. And of course it made him nervous, the vessel keeping you alive is making noises...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: JimOberg

And as I have always said, if there were news that they did not want to be believed and yet may leak out, a good place to release your story is in such places. That way no one gets killed for releasing the story. The world does work this way believe what you each will, I selectively decide on my own and not by the news source for this reason.

Or...its much more simple. They make up fake news to sell magazines.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Does anyone have the link to where the asronauts on one of the lunar landings with the rover requested to follow some vehicle tracks, followed them and ran into their own selves? I heard the clip and cannot find it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I think your referring to a weird dream that Charlie Duke had when he had the flu prior to going to the Moon.

You can read about it here:

www.americaspace.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Which reminds me of a song and a cheesey vid.

I bet the Chinese guys suit was working overtime.

DUDE!!!! I grew up with these guys! I mean, these were big in my wee young days all the way up to my teens. Though, they weren't really that big outside of Louisiana and some parts of south east texas.

Never thought I'd see someone mention Zebra on ATS... or anywhere for that matter!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join