It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

OOPS ---Allah Door Mat---Removed From Amazon's Website after social media criticism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oops, Amazon seems to have removed a door mat that had Allah on it.Wonder how this would happen. I would think that there are buyers responsible to a certain line that sell on their site. It is really hard to believe.

Amazon online retailer appears to have removed a doormat product from its website after criticism on social media that the mat with the word ‘Allah’ offends Muslims. A petition urging a boycott was subsequently launched online.

There has been some outrage at the use of Allah on a door mat calling it shameful and disrespectful.

People have been expressing their shock that the word ‘Allah’ – the Arabic word for ‘God’ – was written in Islamic calligraphy on a mat used for wiping feet. The online discussion, with people calling it “shameful” and “disrespectful,” has been reportedly going on since June, with people complaining that the retailer is ignoring their comments.
www.rt.com...
edit on 29-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If people don't like it, dont buy it! If they dont like to look at it, dont look at it!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
But what if I'm offended and it causes me personal grief because they are pushing internalized oppression by selling that offensive mat?

I don't get any fair treatment?

I am glad that it was removed. Allah is too great! Allah is king.

Allau akbar..

Please feel free to tell me how I am wrong. I think I need to call CAIR about this too.
edit on 29-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Can't walk on Allah!

Sort of reminds me of how my cousin finished off potty training his oldest ... bought her Dora the Explorer underpants. We don't pee on Dora!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Damn, I wanted to get one of those to wipe my muddy boots off with.

If they can burn our flag, we can at least wipe our feet on their god.

Peace to everyone

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Allah Diapers! That would sell like hotcakes.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Your post is offensive! Im reporting you.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'd probably drop that hot potato like a US flag doormat as well if people kicked off on social media.
Business decisions is all, meh.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If this were a cross or menorah, the I think it would be yelled about on social sites.

I see the responses here and they are mostly negative. Mainly because certain religions are treated like delicate snow flakes that melt oh so easy.

We American's love our free speech, and I would have no problem with anyone owning this. I may ask why, and give my thoughts that we should play nice with each other. But in the end, freedom rules, and I may disagree, but support anyone's right to free speech.
edit on 29-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't see a problem with it...as long as they have Jesus, Buddha, and whatever other religious figurehead on other mats.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: JesusXst

Your post is offensive! Im reporting you.

lol

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Not really. It wouldn't surpriseme at all if there are cross andor menorah door mats. Furthermore, I'd bet a good many Christians and Jews have them if they do exist.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I don't see a problem with it...as long as they have Jesus, Buddha, and whatever other religious figurehead on other mats.

No. There are no Allah doormats with actual Allah on them. You can't picture Allah.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Thank allah is freedom of speech in America, now as for the OP, don't we have door mats about religion? I mean jesus face also.

edit on 29-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Difference between Islam and Christianity: We Christians are instructed to stand atop the one true God as He is our Rock. Apparently Muslims have a less sturdy deity, unable to withstand being trod upon...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Agreed, but the OP is essentially just a business decision by a private company because people have kicked off on social media.
Yep, meh, I refer you back to my US flag doormat example, I haven't searched but my assumption is that Amazon do not sell them either.
But if they do then for sure they'd drop it as quickly if it kicked off on social media.
Business is all.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

They have dozens of returns on "US Flag Doormat" searches.
www.amazon.com...

They also seem to have dozens of "Jesus," cross, and ichthys doormats available.
edit on 29-11-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ah cheers for that, I guess the rabid patriots and Christians haven't kicked off as much on social media.

*edit*
Just been browsing Amazon, lol, it seems I could wipe my shoes on whatever religion or national flag I want to, except anything overtly related to Islam.
Perhaps they kick off on social media most, or there is some other reason Amazon don't stock such items.

edit on 29.11.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ah cheers for that, I guess the rabid patriots and Christians haven't kicked off as much on social media.

We haven't. We're made of stronger stuff than that and our beliefs are strong enough for doormats to not pose an existential crisis to our faith and persons.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
F@CK THIS. An American Company can sell whatever they want, and if someone doesn't like it, well, that is the cost of freedom.
edit on 29-11-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join