It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Robotic Dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thank you, Japan, for sending us the coolest thing since Godzilla.

Sorry... I don't know yet how to post videos directly but HERE IS A LINK from a Japanese demonstration of a few robot dinosaurs they have put together. Apparently they are making some sort of Jurassic Park type of attraction.

What I find interesting about these is the apparent mobility they have. I visited FIELD STATION: DINOSAURS in New Jersey a while back. It was a nice afternoon but they were basically just life-size sculptures. Sure, they moved their heads a bit but nothing like the dinos in the aforementioned demonstration.

I can't help but wonder about the reaction of people if one were to take that T-rex and have it walk down a relatively quiet street in the middle of the night.....? The potential shenanigans are limitless.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I've been paying attention to westworld. Those dinosaurs look viscous. We are all going to die, violently.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Somehow.... going out via robo-dino.... I could think of worse ways.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here ya go. Thanks for posting...how cool!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OMG! Those are AMAZING!!!!!!

I would love to be able to take the grandson's to see them. They would love it!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

My kiddo would be over the moon since his recent robot obsessioon is called spinosaurus.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I remember watching Astro Boy when I was a kid and the whole futuristic setting was full of the Wonders of Robotics (tm), with stuff just like this.

I can't believe I'm starting to see it as a reality now.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this. I am impressed.

But I have suspicions on how they walk. If DARPA based research is at this level of progress...

How in the heck did the Japanese just flat out win the walking robot challenge, with awkwardly balanced dinosaur bodies???

ETA. A human "pilot" inside an exo-skeletal frame?... these dinosaur robots just move so freely and are capable of flailing about with no loss of balance.

IF these are fully robotic then the Japanese are going to really win the robot revolution.
edit on 11/29/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Here ya go. Thanks for posting...how cool!!!

Thanks for the assist.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

All I kept thinking about while watching the video you posted was..... DAMN it looks like my friends and I from WAY back in the day after a long night of drinking.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I asked for Robo Raptor for Christmas. Time to reassess.

top topics

join