It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very Big Problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
At issue with Psychology is the Placebo effect.

Meaning that if a psychologist or a psychiatrist explains something to a patient in a matter of fact way, they could actually experience some degree of recovery. Its like one gets four people to sit at different places on a bus and start coughing.

Give it a couple of minutes and other people on the bus with start coughing and not because there is anything wrong with them.

Again we are entertaining the results of a flight, freeze or fight response.

Which involves lower brain functions.

For me the best thing to do is explain the reality of the situation and then go from there.

edit on 29-11-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

edit on 29-11-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

If the study of psychology were like music theory, you would be a technical genius. You are highly knowledgeable about pitch, chords, scales, modes, rhythm, harmony etc.. However, when it comes to music composition and performance, you are lacking in your ability to play with heart and soul.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: angeldoll

You wake up in the morning and notice a birds nest on a tree within your personal property. You decide to climb up the tree to set up a camera so you can record and share the birth process to others. As far as setting your equipment up at the time the mother shows up and as a result of the interaction you end up in a hospital, having fallen from where you were setting up the equipment.

Of course what happened is that she did not understand that you meant no harm.

During moments of anger people are not very much different.
I am reciprocating and in consideration presenting that in so far the OP lacks basic comprehension of the field in question.

I like your hypothesis about wanting to watch the babies emerge and all, but it lacks the info needed to convey a certain message, to me. To me, if the tree was on my property that I pay a mortgage on - which is not a "licence" to invade the home of a bird that might take up residence there?
I would try to refrain from injecting anything that would compromise the mommy birds objection to use my tree. I could place the camera where it wouldn't be a burden for myself nor anyone else. If not, then better luck next year.

Thanks for responding to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

At issue with Psychology is the Placebo effect.

Meaning that if a psychologist or a psychiatrist explains something to a patient in a matter of fact way, they could actually experience some degree of recovery. Its like one gets four people to sit at different places on a bus and start coughing.

Give it a couple of minutes and other people on the bus with start coughing and not because there is anything wrong with them.

Again we are entertaining the results of a flight, freeze or fight response.

Which involves lower brain functions.

For me the best thing to do is explain the reality of the situation and then go from there.

So would you say that lower brain functions might be associated to the sub-conscious?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Its an essential survival skill but like Mama Bird can result in misunderstandings that result in violence over something as simple as an opinion and proverbially even during Thanksgiving family get together

Yes it does but more along the lines of a part of the brain unconscious that assesses threats.

The Unconscious as a whole is more than just the sum of its parts in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

We need as a society to stop treating our superficial differences as differences to argue about. That's is going to take several generations to overcome unfortunately.

But in general
comparing society as it was hundreds or more years ago I feel we have made some improvements.

The issue of exacerbation relates socially.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
To be more succinct while we are past the point where we in general attribute disease to issues otherwise then we understand today.

Many of us have serious problems with putting that aside in relation race, creed and color.

As a unified society free of such stereotypes we can more effective work together towards common goals.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think I see a problem. At least to me. I think you are trying to equate education with intelligence. I think you may resolve this conundrum by equating education with knowledge. Intelligence is more of an ability to learn where as knowledge is the holding area.

Don't forget also wisdom. Wisdom is the ability to use the knowledge for the well being all.

I believe the core element what you are getting to is brain washing.

I may be wrong of my interpretation, but I can assure you all brains kind of work the same way, but peoples minds can be really different.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Have you ever thought about what the brain is doing between thoughts?

It's really hard to think about but the question above is the thought.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

We need as a society to stop treating our superficial differences as differences to argue about. That's is going to take several generations to overcome unfortunately.

But in general
comparing society as it was hundreds or more years ago I feel we have made some improvements.

The issue of exacerbation relates socially.

I'd like to speed up this process of over-coming superficial differences, like you say...

Will you help us understand what it means- if I was to say to a person I might be experiencing a diminishing relationship with; I will no longer be contributing to the demise of our relationship, punch, kick, and scream at me, I will still love you?
Can a guy be true to his word?

How can I keep from having to ask my parents for extra lunch money for the bully at school without them knowing, will he just tire of the challenge it was when I'd just fight him anyway, or just give him the extra money? Why can't I withdraw from his competition, or can I- and will the bully evolve in the process?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Nice observations on how the mind/self embodiment works in some of it's capacities. It is a self defense mechanism to a made up self delusion like an automatic inhibitor that runs a life script instead of actual reality...

The things one tells oneself is what one identifies with being as atypical instead of what someone actually lives in some conceptual state of wishful thinking instead of actually that being... others can clearly see that being by how they present themselves in their actions.

Of course the sociopath makes it their art to decieve everyone as much as they possibiliy can to blend in to "act" instead of authentic being someone that does not hide who they are behind the conceptual labels.

Talking to oneself is the atypical old definition of shizophrenia... someone so internally involved to shut out the outside world that the inside is the only place they life like a chicken inside of an egg not knowing it is a chicken or anything else outside of that egg... until it or the world grows too small to contain itself in it's own special bubble of reality.

The brave new world then is of course seeing reality directly outside of the egg, not in some idea of what reality is from a onesided internal dialog but how the entire world views sort of like the effect that gets called "The Overview effect" that many cosmonauts etc have Overview Effect

Where the Earth shrinks to something very small and when seen that all life appears on something so tiny and precious as friends family etc? Then they see it all interconnected as one and it is just the opposite of ego that sees themselves that large on earth and if in space wouldn't think twice about crushing it thinking themself some sort of god and in that exact instant also become the destroyer at the same time...

Of course craddling life in ones hands in acceptance as a unified whole without bias or distrimination comes easy for those that have held children in such a manner that accept all life in the exact same way until taught otherwise by those not very wise... this of course is the mode of insinct to protect and preserve their own brood of course not all animals feel that way as the self preservation or chasing of ghosts of the past come back to haunt having that self defense of others expectations driving their life into what they didnt want it to be and have essentially lost themselves in what they wanted to be... feeling pulled in familial attachments vs. their own needs wants and desires.

That of course leads to a sociopathic lifestyle that then starts disintegrating the family it is attached too, that becomes a dysfunctional family as such things get passed along before exposure to the outside world as that is not how families actually relate to eachother when they are open and honest inside and out with who they are and not some expected role or hiding behind some label of who they pretend to be.

There is no such thing as a label of anything except when that action is being carried out... if there are ulterior motives for doing something then there is a desire for fullfillment of some sort. Making coffee is just making coffee there is no euphamism when doing so it is what it is and all that is added it the cream or sugar... so there is nothing beyond the appearance of what it is.

Living ones life in such a manner is the true artform, of course people that want to play roles should stick to the stage and not carry them into real life...

Turning emotions into a healthy outlet is a positive thing, such as aggression into body building martial arts video games etc.

And of course acceptance is real love of someone for who they are, unconditional is a very difficult thing to master as it accepts imperfections that are of a different perspective than the ego self, and it comes from a place that says even though our view is different theres no issue, as I have empaty enough to sit down shut off any internal dialog that will judge or compare and contrast against ones own experience and offer advice... one actually compassionately listens and gains empathy with the other person and gains their perspective feels their emotions... if they have been through it themselves? They can say how they have overcome but sometimes there is just a need for someone to listen instead of stand in their own ears waiting to walk all over someone with their mouths.

That's my personal objective opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
To yield or not to yield?
We don't exclusively need our parents to teach us wrong from right, because when we stick our hand in the cookie jar after being told it's wrong and we still do it....it's not the parents who should get spanked. We ignored the voice of reason that first lived within our parents?

If we have inner struggles, we are denying the inner voice of reason and forcing our will upon anyone we may come into contact with?
The inner voice of reason leads us to understand stuff that isn't written in a book?
Some of us listen to the voice of reason, some of us do not because we've never been able to recognize it?

Imagine a river cutting it's way through the land. It follows the path of least resistance? I am one drop of water in that river, there are more like me...so I'm not so special...
When two trees grow side by side why is the area between them less plush? Does one tree feel the other in it's own space and so therefore accommodates the
bigger stronger tree? In my estimation, I find both trees yielding to each other.

It's normal in nature to yield to other things of nature, it is abnormal in nature to just travel through life with the mind of a cancer cell- yielding to nothing but selfish material desires that eat at us from the inside out?

Where does love come from if it's not at the end of the path of least resistance?
Isn't it there within us along the way of our journey?

Yield to the voice of reason and you'll end up following the path of least resistance?
That is where I've found the greatest love. I don't want to describe that feeling to you,
I want you to find it on your own.

Once I was feeling really down and depressed so I went outside to cry...about losing my home.
I got mad because the birds in the trees were singing and interrupting my sorrow.
The voice of reason asked me why I have it so bad and the birds that have everything to cry about are singing...

If you do not follow the path of least resistance, all your life will be filled with everybody that is too abrasive to be around?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join