It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: burn the flag, go to jail and lose your citizenship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

SOURCE.

(CNN)President-elect Donald Trump proposed on Tuesday a penalty -- including possible jail time or loss of citizenship -- for burning the American flag, in spite of two US Supreme Court rulings that protect the act under the First Amendment as a form of free speech.

Even Conservatives, as much as they dislike the desecration of the flag, understand that a person has a right to do it.

This move by Trump is clearly meant to appeal to those very low on the intellectual totem pole.

I guess under Trump we're going to start banning things which may offend certain people?

Political Correctness isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Not sure why they were running against each other, these two should have been on the same ticket:

How about we make it illegal to make fun of the handicapped or crippled. Thats probably offensive to some people. But thats not as serious as flag burning. Instead of jail time and loss of your citizenship, how about the District Attorney simply give you a boot in the seat of your pants.

edit on 29-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The left's been banning plenty of speech by attacking those who use said speech and continuously attempt to paint guns as terrible things. Unlike the left which successfully limited speech this wouldn't ever pass.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Lets ban fat people in my opinion.

I find them offensive.

Not making fun of fat people, actual fat people.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I think we should promote a healthy lifestyle as a society unlike the fat acceptance movement..

Anyways it's the left always crying.

edit on 29-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

Isn't your response a false equivalency though...it has nothing to do with what's being said which is limiting freedom of speech/expression. He has a right to say what he did. He won't actually make it so.
edit on 29-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hillary had the same idea "meant to appeal to" to her followers who are "very low on the intellectual totem pole"

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 29-11-2016 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

In 2005, Clinton co-sponsored the Flag Protection Act which, while it did not call for the stripping of citizenship, made flag burning with the intent to incite violence or disturb the peace punishable by a year in jail and a $100,000 fine.

HMMMM.....tweet vs sponsoring a bill in congress.......which one is relevant......hmmmm

Can tweets be an alt right news source?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm very right of center, I think flag burning is an ass whooping offense. But I do support the right to do it, even though if you hate America so much I'd suggest you move to another paradise of your choice.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

"alt right" - anything that I disagree with or offends me

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If Trump pushes this through the same way he pushed it out, a quick flush should take care of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Also what about the left not allowing for the public display of a Confederate battle flag? Who's really limiting our freedoms? There are numerous examples of the left enforcing limitations on our freedoms regardless whether by law or by creating new social standards, but one example of Trump making a public opinion and shock and rage! Spare me the fake outrage.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I took it as anything hillary disagreed with or that disagreed with her as she was the first I had heard use that term in front of a national audiance

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Topic already exists here

closing

new topics

top topics

join