It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Percent GDP Growth, WTF???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

QE is about to make a comeback in fact I been thinking about picking up some silver just for fun.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: dfnj2015

So that's good enough for you I guess...he beat Bush. He beat one of the worst presidents ever. When you set your sights low, then you will never finish high.

I would like to see a trillion dollars of infrastructure spending. Pay for it with interest free tender from the Treasury department. Bring back the Lincoln greenback. But that's just my opinion on how to get this economy going again.

RE: "Don't even bring up skyrocketing health care costs...it was government that created the problem in the first place"

Yes, I agree but not the way you think. The problems with our government are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing.

Obviously, there is no competition in healthcare because there are no TV advertising asking for business. I think the hospitals are in cahoots with the insurance providers driving up prices for greater profit. I'm not sure healthcare should be for-profit anyway. If you look at healthcare objectively, we pay more for lesser outcomes than other countries. Why is that? We have no competition. The healthcare cartel has no competition wringing out inefficiencies in CEO pay. And there is no competition to provide better quality services. What we have is the worse possible private bureaucracy and it doesn't work. We pay the most for least quality service. You tell me how you can fix that without BIG government intervention when you have a healthcare cartel?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

QE is about to make a comeback in fact I been thinking about picking up some silver just for fun.

What we really need is helicopter money!

www.nytimes.com...

"For years, central banks have been doing everything they can think of to try to get higher inflation and stronger growth. The next step just may be a metaphorical helicopter, high above Tokyo. The Bank of Japan met Friday to decide on the next steps in its long battle against deflation, or falling prices, and analysts had thought it might pursue some coordinated effort with the Japanese government using an idea with a long historical lineage.

“Helicopter money” is the term economists and market-watchers use for an aggressive form of monetary stimulus"

edit on 30-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

I think that would be a mistake until you see investors fleeing the stock market (which they have no real motivation to do right now) to find safer ground. Even with that, the likely scenario would be first turning to Treasuries (unless the FED signals they will taper off) and drive the yields through the floor...THEN after that they will turn to the commodities market. But until you see a panic to the treasuries market, it's likely silver will go down.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If we went back to space to start large mining operations we could do plenty with the resources in terms of growth and paying down our debts.

We could engineer redwoods to fill the large areas of melting permafrost in Alaska so that in time we would have vast amounts of wood to sell to Asia.

We could charge a fortune since cold hardy trees have a wood that is tougher and denser than normal trees while there would also be a whole lot of it.

Maybe we could set some robots in motion with some nuclear power drills a large one and a electrically powered smaller scout drill to spend years and years drilling relief tunnels for yellowstone so the big eruption is not as severe.

If we can make DUMB's we could be doing this to attempt damage control.

Sure all of that is unlikely but hey it could happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab

If we went back to space to start large mining operations we could do plenty with the resources in terms of growth and paying down our debts.

We could engineer redwoods to fill the large areas of melting permafrost in Alaska so that in time we would have vast amounts of wood to sell to Asia.

We could charge a fortune since cold hardy trees have a wood that is tougher and denser than normal trees while there would also be a whole lot of it.

Maybe we could set some robots in motion with some nuclear power drills a large one and a electrically powered smaller scout drill to spend years and years drilling relief tunnels for yellowstone so the big eruption is not as severe.

If we can make DUMB's we could be doing this to attempt damage control.

Sure all of that is unlikely but hey it could happen.

Or, we could spend 500 billion developing a Wendelstein 7-X stellarator fusion reactor and become 100% energy independent from fossil fuels. The German's have working reactor:

www.ipp.mpg.de...

Or, we could spend 500 billion on developing a thorium based molten salt nuclear reactor like the Chinese. LFTR reactors are completely safe ans use thorium for fuel. Plutonium is as expensive to mine as Platinum. Thorium costs the same to mine as lead. Thorium is as plentiful on the planet as lead. It's everywhere. Here a NASA scientist proposes to use LFTR type reactor to power a moon base:

www.ted.com...

The solution to all our economic problems exist. It's just a matter of politics where the people with all the power want NOTHING to change.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join