It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Seems like Republicans are always getting on Democrats case about PC-- that we're trying to "control" what they can or can't say, when the truth is we're just saying you SHOULD respect others. It's not really a law, it's just... be nice, and if you know better, don't be a douche. Not even a law. And Democrats get ripped all to hell for it... they get called Nazi's for asking people show respect to people who are different. You know... like the Nazis who forced people to be nice.

BUT, when Republicans feel offended, they go full on draconian; make it illegal! Send 'em to jail, revoke citizenship, f#ckin ship 'em to Gitmo. Deport them!

And that's just how it feels to me. That democrats get ripped for the small stuff-- and Republicans go all draconian and extreme.

After doing some research, I have come to the conclusion that Trump is just punking the media. No, he is not going draconian. He's just messing with their heads. Take a look at this:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Flag Protection Act of 2005 was a proposed United States federal law introduced in the United States Senate at the 109th United States Congress on October 24, 2005, by Senator Bob Bennett (R-Utah) and co-sponsored by Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.). Later co-sponsors included Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) and Thomas Carper (D-Del.).

The law would have prohibited burning or otherwise destroying and damaging the US flag with the primary purpose of intimidation or inciting immediate violence or for the act of terrorism. It called for a punishment of no more than one year in prison and a fine of no more than $100,000; unless that flag was property of the United States Government, in which case the penalty would be a fine of not more than $250,000, not more than two years in prison, or both.

Note that this was a bill co-sponsored by no less than 4 Democrats, Hillary Clinton being one of the co-sponsors. He practically quoted the bill. He's playing with the media and they are falling for it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Respect others? ok.........

please explain how rioting over losing an election is respecting others.
please explain how shouting down anyone with an opinion that differs from democrats is respecting others.

Shouting? As in arguing? That's free speech...

As far as protests and rioters, many people here immediately jumped to call them 'terrorists'. As in okay to kill and torture and detain indefinitely. See what I mean? They go to extremes almost immediately.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I don't think he's smart enough to mess with heads. I think he's messing up.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sure whatever you say guy. I'll stand by the 1st Amendment and you continue to whine about nothing. Good thing the 1st Amendment protects people such as yourself who don't understand how it works.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is, your opinion. And I respectfully disagree.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
You know, you can protest without burning a flag. Be a man/woman and light yourself on fire...now THAT is a protest!

Yeh. You can do that too. People do it. The Problem is that you only get to do that once.

What if you have many complaints? Many things to protest about? You need a "repeatable" protest mechanism.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: SaturnFX

a reply to: SaturnFX

Again...sorry...not trading vids and not watching whatever that girl has to say...She looks like she is going to say or do stuff I don't want to waste brain space on.

o...kay
then why the F%%& did I watch your video?

heres an idea..if you only want to dictate instead of discuss, stop talking to people on a discussion board...start a blog

My video was 20 seconds long...your video is 15 minutes.

I tried to be fair and made it through the first 30 seconds...now give me those 30 seconds of my life back.

ahh, on vids like that, its best to skip the first minute or two of them just making jokes and they eventually get into the meat of the subject.
long story short..most of those supposed trump supporters attacks are fakes..fakes fakes fakes.
no police reports, people literally arrested for filing false reports, etc..meanwhile, what we do have is real videos of anti-trump people on the attack.

Victim complex is part of the progressive narrative...victims, aren't we all.
Yet it seems most (not all, there was that one protester at that one rally that had that one ass punch him while he was being ushered out) of the reports have to be contrived instead of self evident.

That should say something.

fake fake fake fakey fakerson from fakington fakerville.
soo many fakes, its the backwards B Obama girl but times hundreds with just soo many fake stories being reported on social media.

and almost none of these terrible crimes have police reports filled out..of the ones that did, several got hammered for inevitably being found out it was a false report..
fake fake fake...aren't you at all concerned about this trend?

probably not. illusion is fine if it fits the narrative.

Trump is a scumbag, but the fakeness of the opposition is making him look like a damn hero.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

You are entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is, your opinion. And I respectfully disagree.

Fair enough, but it's not the first time the Donald has messed up like this. The tweeting... Is part of his mind game to make half the population believe he's not only stupid, but crazy too? He comes off as unhinged.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sure whatever you say guy. I'll stand by the 1st Amendment and you continue to whine about nothing. Good thing the 1st Amendment protects people such as yourself who don't understand how it works.

I'm not American, so no, I am not lucky enough to be protected by the first amendment, "guy". Nonetheless, you don't understand the first amendment because you have no clue what it protects, and why it prohibits restrictions on what it protects in the first place.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I have noticed many of the strongest supporters for Trump on ATS are non-Americans. Just an interest little side note.
edit on 30-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

What difference in free speech and being respectful in the context of my post is confusing you?
edit on 30-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

I am not going to trade vids with you...

You are well aware of the litany of vulgar trump supporter vids beating people and shouting vile things..

Wrong thread and wrong time.

The violence is coming from the left against Trump supporters. Very few instances the other way around.
As usual you are talking complete nonsense. Liberal delusion.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You should understand that I could kill an eagle and say I found the feathers laying on the ground right? Same as saying I just found this coc aine laying on the ground and I was just going to turn it in to the cops. They claim bs and arrest you.

Just as people make likenesses of President elect and either burn or beat them. That is not illegal and is suggesting violence toward a specific individual. Our founders made dummy's of kings and so forth and set them to hang or burn.

Speaking of bombs in an airport is not free speech, good try at a distraction.

Currency is property of the government actually so not the same thing as a flag.

ETA burning a flag to show dissent is a statement, burning actual government property to show dissent is a crime
edit on 30-11-2016 by TexasSeabee because: The person I am replying to makes me angry

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yep, living in this country as long as I have, imagine that I have yet to see a flag burned.

It's as if the issue didn't even really exist, Wow!

I get it, "it is an issue and it does exist", you have to shield your children's eyes even from it, the daily horror of flag burnings.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Burning the flag is disrespect, irregardless of the reason one would do it.
Labeling yourself as a Trump or Hillary supporter is disrespect, you are an American.

Allowing the media to manipulate you based on the above is disrespect.
Hating, Hurting or assaulting others based on the above is disrespect.
Calling yourself patriotic and participating in the above is both disrespect and Hippocracy.

It is all about respect, and it is about time we recognize how much respect has been lost in our recent past.

It is really the root of all of our present day problems.

Fixing it is a personal endeavor, and only requires recognizing it for what it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here are some truthsayers regarding the topic of nationalism and flag burning, just a reminder incase anyone forgot what freedom is:

And Bill Hicks, on the same topic, 20+ years ago.

Case, #ing, closed.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I like the way you think about this Trump thing. The left definitely went over-the-top on the PC totalitarianism.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: RickinVa
this thread is pointless.

I am going to burn a damn flag in protest of this thread.

Make sure it's a rainbow flag so you can see how these 1st Amendment patriots act when it's a flag they feel represents them.

So everyone that respects the first amendment is gay?

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: RickinVa
this thread is pointless.

I am going to burn a damn flag in protest of this thread.

Make sure it's a rainbow flag so you can see how these 1st Amendment patriots act when it's a flag they feel represents them.

So everyone that respects the first amendment is gay?

link   
Double post

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join