It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Profusion

In my opinion I agree with respecting our flag at all cost, the flag of this nation is a symbol of unity within our borders, 50 stays in one nation anybody that burns it is just declaring that they have not desirer to honor the unity that our nation represents.

It should be a crime to burn the flag.

What about if you draw a picture of a flag, on a piece of paper, color it in, and then burn it?

If not: why is that drawing, made in the USA, worth less than a slave-labor, random piece of cloth that could have been someones underwear, imported from China?

US flags from China

edit on 30-11-2016 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Indigo5

That video clip made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Had I been on the plane with him, (together) we would have made such a scene that the flight might have been diverted.

Winning makes you feel good. Maybe that's why all the (silent passengers) Democrat losers need a lollipop or something to suck.

Hold on to that feeling. You deserve it. Time reconciles all things, try not to confuse winning with losing.

That made me laff too.

To win or to lose ... one must be a player. I prefer to stand behind the curtain and pull on the strings or clap my hands as a member of the audience. I know I was worse off with 0bama as the president.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

And crazy means...case by case basis.

When I was 17 I had a girl climb through my bedroom window with a kitchen knife. I had her barricaded in my room until the cops got there. A couple years later a girl tried to run me over on my front lawn with her car and hit a tree I ran behind.

Crazy means crazy...run..I learned that at a young age.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

That video clip made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Had I been on the plane with him, (together) we would have made such a scene that the flight might have been diverted.

Winning makes you feel good. Maybe that's why all the (silent passengers) Democrat losers need a lollipop or something to suck.

Hold on to that feeling. You deserve it. Time reconciles all things, try not to confuse winning with losing.

That made me laff too.

To win or to lose ... one must be a player. I prefer to stand behind the curtain and pull on the strings

No doubt you are behind a curtain pulling something.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Im not anything but a fan of Trump....but from a pure negotiating tactic standpoint, this is exactly how its done. All options are always on the table, and they have to know this is true.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Let me sum it up for all of you from a radio comment I heard:

Liberals dont take Trump seriously, but take him literally. Conservatives take him seriously, but don't take him literally.

Let that soak in.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

a reply to: SaturnFX

Again...sorry...not trading vids and not watching whatever that girl has to say...She looks like she is going to say or do stuff I don't want to waste brain space on.

o...kay
then why the F%%& did I watch your video?

heres an idea..if you only want to dictate instead of discuss, stop talking to people on a discussion board...start a blog

My video was 20 seconds long...your video is 15 minutes.

I tried to be fair and made it through the first 30 seconds...now give me those 30 seconds of my life back.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

Let me sum it up for all of you from a radio comment I heard:

Liberals dont take Trump seriously, but take him literally. Conservatives take him seriously, but don't take him literally.

Let that soak in.

Okay, I think there's hope in that statement... Can you give an example of how Conservatives don't take him literally? Like something Trump has said that you don't take literally?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Where does it say that making laws is the only way to assault free speech? nowhere.

That's the only assault I care about and the only one that matters.

You're confusing the first amendment with free speech. Amateur mistake. Hence why your statement "Liberals do not assault free speech", then go on to talk about the first amendment, is utter piffle.

At the end of the day the First Amendment is all that matters in pertaining to free speech. Everything else is just you being a triggered justice warrior.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You know, you can protest without burning a flag. Be a man/woman and light yourself on fire...now THAT is a protest!
edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-30T13:44:25-06:000125 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The difference between an eagle feather and a flag is the eagle is an endangered species and possession of a feather indicates you could have committed a crime to obtain it.

Flags on the other hand are $20 at Walmart.

For everyone else on this thing
why are you not outraged that people wear American flag print pants shirts, hats, bikinis, speedos, and underwear? To me that is the greatest insult to our flag. What about the thousands of little American flags that are given out at parades and fourth of July events that either thrown on the ground or in the trash? I guess those don't count because they are little. By your laws of flag desecration we would have to throw children in jail for not knowing what it is and using it as a toy. Or how about throwing away flag print napkins away after wiping your greasy hands and face on it. Or your flag print plate covered in potato salad?

How about we teach people how to actually respect our flag instead having our children growing up thinking it is just another pattern that looks neat. I am sick of this "let's jail people we think are stupid" attitude, what happens when people think your stupid? I hope you all grow up and think like rational individuals.

And FWI I am a disabled vet and I stand for freedom, all aspects of freedom, even the parts I don't like. My kids are under under the age of 4 and I have taught them the flag means something. My son has seen "the special guys with no arms and legs" and knows what it is important. He might not fully understand what it all means but at least he wants to, which is more than I can say for some of you on here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If the people you have in charge of the counting cant even add up then having Donald Trump as you leader isnt going to do any more harm than anyone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Now I will never burn a flag....but I spent my time supporting all of the voices

I will never burn a flag when the government supports me and my rights. When they represent me, and the things I believe in. Flag burning is for messages to governing tyrants pretending to do things in my name that I disapprove of, like starting wars for special interest oligarchies to profit, and staining my good name by flying the symbol of the flag while doing those things. I want the world to know then, that I am not a part of that particular plan at that particular time in history, lest the world thinks we're all in this together.

edit on 30-11-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Flag is the symbol of the United States.
If you are burning the flag it means it is time for you to get out of Dodge.
I hear Peru is nice this time of year.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
All the feelings people have for the flag are in your head and heart. At the end of the day it is a piece of cloth on a stick, you take them all and make a bonfire out of them and it wouldn't make a difference, and if that was the case our nation has fallen and it's time to fight. The United States is deeper than any symbol of cloth. If all it takes to destroy the United States and all it stands for is burning it's flag then we are doomed to begin with.

Certain flags should be protected, such as the ones in museums, or the one that draped our fallen troops caskets. But if some idiot wants to buy a flag and burn it that's their own loss of money. I can guarantee you there are thousands more flags to take its place. Hell just look in a trash can at a fourth of July event there will be hundreds for the taking.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Seems like Republicans are always getting on Democrats case about PC-- that we're trying to "control" what they can or can't say, when the truth is we're just saying you SHOULD respect others. It's not really a law, it's just... be nice, and if you know better, don't be a douche. Not even a law. And Democrats get ripped all to hell for it... they get called Nazi's for asking people show respect to people who are different. You know... like the Nazis who forced people to be nice.

BUT, when Republicans feel offended, they go full on draconian; make it illegal! Send 'em to jail, revoke citizenship, f#ckin ship 'em to Gitmo. Deport them!

And that's just how it feels to me. That democrats get ripped for the small stuff-- and Republicans go all draconian and extreme.
edit on 30-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Respect others? ok.........

please explain how rioting over losing an election is respecting others.
please explain how shouting down anyone with an opinion that differs from democrats is respecting others.

I can keep going but we dont have that kind of time.

Both sides do this. Democrats though for some reason cant accept the fact they do.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's the only assault I care about and the only one that matters.

See what I mean? Piffle. You clearly claimed liberals were not attacking free speech, but then go on to talk about the first ammendment, clearly confusing the two. You do not even know what free speech is, nor why it is protected. The fact that you don't know nor care about the reasons free speech is protected proves that free speech is under threat by people like yourself.

At the end of the day the First Amendment is all that matters in pertaining to free speech. Everything else is just you being a triggered justice warrior.

Convenient feelings-based relativism. So hollowed out of principle that you need a law to tell you what is right or wrong. If the first-amendment was to disappear tomorrow, you wouldn't have any argument as to why it was wrong to remove it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

and....people feel that way a lot....a lot. People think all of what you just said about tyrants, disapproved actions, etc.

But either way, you and I will likely never burn a flag, but we should not be telling others not to

that is not freedom of speech

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

They were an endangered species but no longer. You can find a feather on the ground, having committed no crime in the process, but if you pick it up you are guilty.

I understand the ecological presence and the idea of preventing people from hunting eagles and other such acts. Now, think outside the box a little...

You can burn a President in effigy. It is an expression. Tasteless, indignant, disrespectful, but still just a statement. Burn a real President - different story. You are still making a statement, but this times its illegal. I tried to use the Eagle as an example of what might be misapplication of expressed right of speech. Perhaps this will make the point better.

There are so many ways in which the right to free speech is limited. Try walking through an airport talking about home made bombs, etc. It is just words, but you won't be getting on any flights any time soon if you say them out loud. There are no laws specifically preventing you from talking about home made bombs. The perception of guilt or intent is all that is needed to curtail that speech.

Defacing currency can result in a fine or six months in prison, or both. How does freedom of expression fit in there? We have more respect for our currency than our flag.

Disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join