It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
How about a new law, under the first amendment you have the right to the burn to flag in public, but Americans citizens now have the right to stop you, using all necessary force, and if you injury them you go to jail, and they can't be charged with assault either.

Sounds lovely. Can we 'injury' you too if you do not protest the same things other people want you to?

link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Insults, while arguably poor style, are not ad hominems simply by virtue of being an insult.

Insult:

"You're wrong because the thingie is in fact a dongle-scoop. See citation X. God you're dumb."

Ad hominem:

"This man is obviously stupid. Why would you believe his claim that the thingie is a poodle barrel given how unqualified he is to speak on these matters?!"

The first is rude but no argument is premised on it. The second premises an argument on questions raised about the speaker.

Just saying.
edit on 29-11-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you light a fire in public and injure someone you should be charged with a crime.

Exactly right.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
I am just trying to get a head start here on any possible legislation or reversals of precedent that a new SCOTUS may be confronted with. Is it not better to get a head start now instead of figuring out what will be an acceptable compromise in the near future at the last minute??

I think a lot of people would consider setting a fire in public as a violent act with the otential to harm people and/or property. But that risk is allowed to be taken on private land. Don't forget that nearly every business in America is on private land, including parking lots. There will still be a lot of lee way and loopholes for the communists and alt-left racists to do their flag burning.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Buy buckets of prepper food from Jim Bakker. The End is Nigh. NJ is scheduled for destruction because of the concentration of folks who didn't vote for Trump and therefore voted against the will of God.

I don't think you'll be spared for writing in Zazzafrazz. Better stock up on buckets.
edit on 2016-11-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Exactly right.

Which means I can burn my flag or my Bible or my Koran or my bra and it should not be an issue unless I injure someone else which is the law as it is now, so why is everyone getting all triggery and needing hugs?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

How about a new law, under the first amendment you have the right to the burn to the flag in public, but American citizens now have the right to stop you, using all necessary force, and if you injury them you go to jail, and they can't be charged with assault either.

So we create laws that undermine the right to defend yourself?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Buy buckets of prepper food from Jim Bakker. The End is Nigh. NJ is scheduled for destruction because of the concentration of folks who didn't vote for Trump and therefore voted against the will of God.

I don't think you'll be spared for writing in Zazzafrazz. Better stock up on buckets.

I am not buying that crap. Anyway, I have my prepper food all ready. It's called my neighbors.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The will of Kek, in particular!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That sounds exactly like a 5 year old trying to change the rules of the game so that they always win.

You're talking about legally protecting a mob. All they have to do is bring a flag and claim their victim was trying to burn it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I am not buying that crap. Anyway, I have my prepper food all ready. It's called my neighbors.

Eating your neighbors?

Must be a Masonic Illuminati conspiracy...

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I do not think jail will solve this problem.

Though if someone who hates the US flag should burn the flag...the question to the burner should be:

"So which flag of which country do you love the most?"

An immediate response to their answer would be first plane and yiiiiirrrrr-outta-heeeeeeere! And loss of citizenship!

Heck if I saw someone burning my country's flag I'd beat the living s*&^ out of them...as long as no cell phones or no one else was there to call the cops on me.

link   

How about a new law, under the first amendment you have the right to the burn to the flag in public, but American citizens now have the right to stop you, using all necessary force, and if you injury them you go to jail, and they can't be charged with assault either.

I love that this stuff doesn't happen here in Arkansas. We may not be the intellectuals that Harvard or Yale send out into the world with degrees but we know common sense and courtesy. Use them or take an arse kicking. If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough. It's an age old saying but still stands the test of time. If I see someone burning an American flag, I'll demonstrate my free speech by beating their ass. I mean..it's free speech right? If fire can be considered speech then why can't a good ole fashioned ass whoopin'?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Slakecontagia
Flags can be like coyotes : the more you kill , the higher the reproduction . Before you know it - they're everywhere ... even where they were never seen before .

I wonder if some of the burners aren't operatives ... false - flag - burners , if you will ?

Sounds like super-bugs!

Yeah , like superbugs ... like fire - ants , which are red .
Flags are a last resort , maybe . For those who need to be reminded of who they belong to .

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Eating your neighbors?

Must be a Masonic Illuminati conspiracy...

#PizzaGate #Cannibalism

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And people have said that symbols don't matter...

LOLOLOL

A flag is a colourful piece of cloth, no more or less than the CocaCola label or the Wells Fargo stage coach. It's a symbol for a country and indicating something of its origins. The stars I can figure out... one for each of the states, but wtf are the red and white stripes supposed to mean? Indians and Europeans?

The Canadian flag is a friggin' tree leaf... how does that signify anything other than we have a lot of trees that supply maple syrup?

Symbols can either mean something important and good or something evil and threatening, like the swastika.

I'm sure the Nazis in America would love it if swastikas replaced the stars and the stripes were black and white. It's all a matter of perspective. Besides, if you really wanted to get down on the stars, you could say they're pentagrams and satanic.

Burning flags is a viable way to show your displeasure with the direction your country is going and is purely a peaceful statement that harms no-one. I'm pretty sure that making it punishable by imprisonment is a great way to become a lot like Germany in WWII... intolerant and extremely nationalistic.

edit on 29/11/16 by masqua because: clarity

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Exactly right.

Which means I can burn my flag or my Bible or my Koran or my bra and it should not be an issue unless I injure someone else which is the law as it is now, so why is everyone getting all triggery and needing hugs?

As such all should be treated the same as leaf burning, which requires a permit
in most places. That said, other ways of defacing the flag, or disrespecting it
are still controversial. People can lose their job or reputation.

But I do find it curious why flag burning is ok, but Koran burning is not ok.

link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Open carry also puts the public at risk... we have the 2nd Amendment to protect that freedom though.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

a reply to: Profusion

While I think the flag should be respected and there are better ways to protest, I also believe one has the right to burn a flag if they choose.

In the end, it is nothing more than a symbol. Burning it does not hurt anyone and there is no victim.

I think the ultra-nationalist types that get pissed when someone burns a flag should be more outraged at the amount of American flags that are made in China.

There are many victims. Once disrespect is accepted and becomes the"norm" then any who believe in and have fought for what the flag represents are victims.

It's a symbol. There are no victims. What you are talking about is hurt feelings.

Do we jail or revoke citizenship over hurt feelings?[/quote]

Why burn it if it is a symbol, clearly it means more , too just about everyone.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Heck if I saw someone burning my country's flag I'd beat the living s*&^ out of them...as long as no cell phones or no one else was there to call the cops on me.

Sure you would.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join