It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They cited "hatred for a racist system" , which has been a rallying cry with some racist protestors who burn the American flag side by side with self proclaimed communists.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Well it clearly empowered an Islamic radical Taliban sympathizer to murder dozens of people in Orlando, and the Bonnie and Clyde terrorists who had a public shooting rampage in California. I sincerely feel that increased rates of public flag burning lead these people to feel it is the right time to commit their terrorism in an effort to get attention to "their cause".

There has been an increase of targeted killings of LEO's this year by leftist racists who have publicly shared similar sentiments. It is time to clamp down on crime, terrorism, and racism by reigning in the acts that make them feel empowered. Acts that show a hatred for our country. Acts that clearly display a lack of loyalty.

M'kay.

In which cases, specifically, were they carting around a burning flag while committing these acts?

I think I missed that 11pm news highlight.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

They cited "hatred for a racist system"...

How the hell does a flag have a race?

Keep digging my authoritarian friend.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

there is another form of protected speech you can use if you insist on your desire to burn American flags, and that is $$Money$$ . Use your money, rent a private establishment or the rights to one's parking lot, and do it there. It will probably still be seen from the road, and you would not be subject to the fine or the singing.

or perhaps keep reading??

which has been a rallying cry with some racist protestors who burn the American flag side by side with self proclaimed communists.

edit on 11-29-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

there is another form of protected speech you can use if you insist on your desire to burn American flags, and that is $$Money$$ . Use your money, rent a private establishment or the rights to one's parking lot, and do it there. It will probably still be seen from the road, and you would not be subject to the fine or the singing.

Ahhhh, you're an advocate of free speech zones, but only when placed where few can see the ruckus.

You sure you're American? o.O

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

or perhaps keep reading??

And how is flag burning racist? You still make no sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I do not consider burning the flag in public as free speech, and me hopes the news SCOTUS will weigh in on that sometime in the next eight years while my hero Donald Trump reigns supreme.

Doing it on private property is simply doing whatever you want on private property.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: carewemust

Well I think there is a definite difference between the two scenarios though i do agree this is a slippery slope.

Indeed it is. Once you start down the road of punishment for desecrating symbols of America, the next step is to outlaw damaging a Bible, since America was founded on Biblical-Christian principles. A Very slippery slope.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a reply to: BrokedownChevy

nobody will jail you for opening your mouth and summoning the pent up rage of your disagreement with the system as loud as possible with your voice, you know, ACTUAL speech.

only if it is a government or public establishment such as

• a courthouse
  • publicly funded park
  • prison
  • jail
  • publicly funded school
  • tax collectors office
  • or any other government agency.

you are more than welcome to purchase and use within your private residence, or even your privately owned business.

See, I think we are making progress here. instead of just yelling one way or the other, lets find ways to compromise and propose solutions

Right, but we're not talking about arson or public fires...that's what you're talking about. This revolves around the political statement of flag burning. Stop being obtuse.
edit on 29-11-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I do not consider burning the flag in public as free speech...

What other objects can I not burn in public protest? Can I not burn the Bible because President l'Orange reads it every day?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

you like doing this circular loop thing, so let me connect the dots. I did not say burning the flag was racist, I said many racists have been burning the flag in recent years chanting about a racist system, and doing it alongside proud communists as well. These are the same sentiments expressed by several murderers of the police in recent years as well. Fighting a racist system, defending against a racist system. The flag burning is making them feel empowered that public opinion is on their side.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I do not consider burning the flag in public as free speech...

What other objects can I not burn in public protest? Can I not burn the Bible because President l'Orange reads it every day?

He's talking about public fires and somehow connecting flag burning. It's not helping the discussion of the consequences of jailing people for the political statement of flag burning.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes. They are the monsters they've imagined the Left to be all this time. Somehow it was attacking free speech to discuss gender fluidity but it's not attacking free speech to cry for an actual law banning speech.

They think so badly of others because they know themselves to be deplorable.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

you like doing this circular loop thing, so let me connect the dots. I did not say burning the flag was racist, I said many racists have been burning the flag in recent years chanting about a racist system, and doing it alongside proud communists as well. These are the same sentiments expressed by several murderers of the police in recent years as well. Fighting a racist system, defending against a racist system. The flag burning is making them feel empowered that public opinion is on their side.

And? Trump empowers racists too. In regards to this discussion, we have no idea what you're getting at.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I did not say burning the flag was racist, I said many racists have been burning the flag in recent years chanting about a racist system, and doing it alongside proud communists as well. These are the same sentiments expressed by several murderers of the police in recent years as well. Fighting a racist system, defending against a racist system. The flag burning is making them feel empowered that public opinion is on their side.

You pulled that entire premise out of your ass. Whether they burn a flag or not they will still, and can, say just about anything they want.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
He's talking about public fires and somehow connecting flag burning. It's not helping the discussion of the consequences of jailing people for the political statement of flag burning.

Not my fault his has no concept of how the Constitution functions.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

yes, flag burning in public is a danger to others and nearby property. Remember when these idiots set themselves on fire? This is why we cannot allow public burning of the flag. As was stated earlier, you can not drag anything else onto public property and create a dangerous situation by lighting it on fire without facing consequences. Same should apply to these criminals here. You can hear communist and racist rhetoric in both videos.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The supreme court has already ruled that burning the flag is protected speech. Who cares what he thinks?

I'm a lot more interested in his financial position with regard to DAPL, but the national media is consumed with his latest tweets (again).

Misdirection is the art of convincing your mark that they should pay attention to the exact wrong thing, at the exact right time.

Props to PE Trump. He is a master-magician.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Misdirection is the art of convincing your mark that they should pay attention to the exact wrong thing, at the exact right time.

Props to PE Trump. He is a master-magician.

YES.

And he does it over and over and over again.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A person may well be charged with a crime by burning a flag, but it won't be for specifically burning the US flag.

Using a US flag to start an arson fire doesn't give that action a pass from being a crime because a flag was used.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join