It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Very well said nowt like a good burning.
Can we dunk em in a pond also?.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm with those who want to publicly burn the violators of freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Trample protected freedom of speech much? How about no, and no.
And you have the balls to chastise someone for exercising free speech, seriously. That isn't American.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It can very well lead to ALL of what you just mentioned by empowering closet terrorists who now feel emboldened by what they perceive as a majority sentiment to attack our country with destruction of symbols. Flag burning has probably been the highest since the days of Vietnam. So have terrorist attacks by communists, alt-left racists, Islamic radicals on the general public AND law enforcement.

It is my conclusion that years of unchallenged flag burning has lead directly to terrorists feeling empowered and justified in committing these acts of terrorism under Obama's administration at the highest rates in modern history.

All you got to do is sing a damn song, or pay the fine. You can still keep yourself out of jail. Frankly I believe it is still scores less harmful than denying the Holocaust in Germany, Poland, and a handful of other European states.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
EPA violations.

Hate crime.

Public safety violations.

Arson.

Littering.

Tweets aren't laws.

In China we burn all kinds of things for the dead. Watches, money, houses, servants, BMW's, shoes, clothes, etc.

Why not make some "ghost flags" to burn? Make them out of flash paper and sell them at protests?

Anything else would be illegal to burn.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Swills

Trump supporters are supporting pride in our country.

Pride comes from within, not objects. You can take pride in an object you create, but the object itself is not radiating pride your way.

This is where devout flag whores are FITH to me. They cannot distinguish the difference between themselves, and the object. They, IMO, have yet to find their own identity, riding the coat tails of something meaningless at the end of the day. Same goes for people who sport the cross on a chain, like it's an extra living, blood-filled,oxygenated appendage of their body.
To channel Yoda, sense it does not make.

If the "object" does not mean anything, then what is the point of desecrating it?

It means nothing much really to the perpetrator... basically it's a childish loss of emotional control because not enough attention is being given to a loser - usually on benefits or sponging off society in some other way.

Meanwhile it means a lot to the people who have fought and the families of those that have died, all to protect the freedoms of the very same spoiled losers who then disrespect them.

As usual though the liberal argument centres on the most important thing in a liberals life - themselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
It can very well lead to ALL of what you just mentioned by empowering closet terrorists who now feel emboldened by what they perceive as a majority sentiment to attack our country with destruction of symbols.

Makes total sense.

I am sure there is some terrorist going, 'You know, I was not going to blow up those infidels, I just had a change of heart and I want to go and hug them right no....holy s***! That guys is burning a flag!!!!! Where's my suicide vest?!?!?! 72 virgins, here I come!!!!!'

Stop enabling your oppression of free speech with elaborately concocted scenarios that have no basis in reality.

edit on 29-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

nobody will jail you for opening your mouth and summoning the pent up rage of your disagreement with the system as loud as possible with your voice, you know, ACTUAL speech.
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

only if it is a government or public establishment such as

• a courthouse
  • publicly funded park
  • prison
  • jail
  • publicly funded school
  • tax collectors office
  • or any other government agency.

you are more than welcome to purchase and use within your private residence, or even your privately owned business.

See, I think we are making progress here. instead of just yelling one way or the other, lets find ways to compromise and propose solutions

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I will leave this final post.

So many of you KNOW what Trump is going to do.

Haven't a clue.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It can very well lead to ALL of what you just mentioned by empowering closet terrorists who now feel emboldened by what they perceive as a majority sentiment to attack our country with destruction of symbols.

Makes total sense.

I am sure there is some terrorist going, 'You know, I was not going to blow up those infidels, I just had a change of heart and I want to go and hug them right no....holy s***! That guys is burning a flag!!!!! Where's my suicide vest?!?!?! 72 virgins, here I come!!!!!'

Stop enabling your oppression of free speech with elaborately concocted scenarios that have no basis in reality.

Pretty much this. If it were as simple as controlling all flavors of opposition through flags, flags would just be banned outright.

But then people would find something else to burn. Probably s# like effigies, does WSC want to ban burning effigies, too?
edit on 11/29/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You can not make people to protest the way you want, If someone wants to protest by burning a flag it is protected by the 1st. It is classed as speech even If you say nothing. You can not limit someones freedom of expression If it is not hurting anybody.
Heck I know this and I'm a Brit.

Heck what is wrong with you? since Trump became about you are willfully eroding your freedoms....you are letting it happen.
edit on 29-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

But then people would find something else to burn. Probably s# like effigies, does WSC want to ban burning effigies, too?

Ask him if you can burn a flag in effigy.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You're paranoid, afraid and want the government to wrap you up in a security blanket.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ask him if you can burn a flag in effigy.

I imagine I'd end up with a reaction akin to trying to divide by zero.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Snowflakes everywhere the right is now as guilty as they called the left....

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well it clearly empowered an Islamic radical Taliban sympathizer to murder dozens of people in Orlando, and the Bonnie and Clyde terrorists who had a public shooting rampage in California. I sincerely feel that increased rates of public flag burning lead these people to feel it is the right time to commit their terrorism in an effort to get attention to "their cause".

There has been an increase of targeted killings of LEO's this year by leftist racists who have publicly shared similar sentiments. It is time to clamp down on crime, terrorism, and racism by reigning in the acts that make them feel empowered. Acts that show a hatred for our country. Acts that clearly display a lack of loyalty.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

You can not make people to protest the way you want, If someone wants to protest by burning a flag it is protected by the 1st. It is classed as speech even If you say nothing.

The actual distinction is 'protection from censorship'.

The core of this argument is if you can do it in public. The heart of the 1st is freedom of speech, but this is done via protection of censorship.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Cheers dude

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Well it clearly empowered an Islamic radical Taliban sympathizer to murder dozens of people in Orlando, and the Bonnie and Clyde terrorists who had a public shooting rampage in California.

Really? They cited 'flag burning' as there rationale for their attacks? Stop fabricating things, it makes you look sillier.

edit on 29-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So go full on authoritarian then?.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join