It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Swills

Trump supporters are supporting pride in our country.

Pride comes from within, not objects. You can take pride in an object you create, but the object itself is not radiating pride your way.

This is where devout flag whores are FITH to me. They cannot distinguish the difference between themselves, and the object. They, IMO, have yet to find their own identity, riding the coat tails of something meaningless at the end of the day. Same goes for people who sport the cross on a chain, like it's an extra living, blood-filled,oxygenated appendage of their body.
To channel Yoda, sense it does not make.

If the "object" does not mean anything, then what is the point of desecrating it?

edit on 11/29/16 by BlueAjah because: oops

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: Swills

Trump supporters are supporting pride in our country.

Pride comes from within, not objects. You can take pride in an object you create, but the object itself is not radiating pride your way.

This is where devout flag whores are FITH to me. They cannot distinguish the difference between themselves, and the object. They, IMO, have yet to find their own identity, riding the coat tails of something meaningless at the end of the day. Same goes for people who sport the cross on a chain, like it's an extra living, blood-filled,oxygenated appendage of their body.
To channel Yoda, sense it does not make.

If the "object" does mean anything, then what is the point of desecrating it?

None to me, but people are free to destroy property they own. Want to burn your flag? Knock yourself out. Don't want to burn your flag? Again, knock yourself out. It's yours to do as you see fit with, so long as you're not physically maiming/killing others with it.

JMO.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Detergent

Well, since that was a Supreme Court decision, then there maintains the strong possibility that Trump can get what he wants if he truly desires it. The article linked, if anything, foreshadows a potential future and the implications in regards to this thread.

www.alternet.org...

Just some food for thought, might even stop a few folks dead in their tracks.
edit on 29-11-2016 by Arnie123 because: clean up

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump's level of civic illiteracy is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Detergent

Well, since that was a Supreme Court decision, then there maintains the strong possibility that Trump can get what he wants if he truly desires it. The article linked, if anything, foreshadows a potential future and the implications in regards to this thread.

www.alternet.org...

Just some food for thought, might even stop a few folks dead in their tracks.

Sad. In the end, maybe Hillary was the lesser of the two evils. Crazy to say that, but it's getting out of hand. I don't know if the country will even tolerate 4 years of Trump. We'll have to wait and see what he does. From what I know about our own history, the country will never accept a president who is socially inept.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Dick l'Orange can say anything he wants, that is free speech, just like flag burning. While I personally do not like flag burning I will support it, just like I will President Elect Trump's freedom to say dumb s***.

link   
I don't think it is unreasonable at all to suggest jailing people for what I personally consider treasonous acts against our country that embolden our enemies. However I was willing to compromise with a tiered solution.

You make the burning of the flag a fineable offense, say $500 is a good number, same as littering. But what if sommeone refuses to pay the $500 or cannot afford it? Quite simple, show your loyalty to America by singing the national anthem and reciting the pledge of allegiance after that in public. Traitors who refuse to be reasonable after demonstrating a willingness to place the public and property in danger by starting an unauthorized fire and perhaps sending signals to terrorists will do ten days in jail. Ten #ing days. That is county jail time, and not only is it not a big deal, but only someone so damn stubborn would refuse to bypass the fine by simply spending five minutes to say a few words in public.

Im all for it. Burning the American flag is not an act of protest, it is a declaration of intent, maybe even war, by communists and America haters. Pay the fine, or sing the song, or go meet your friends in county for ten days.

This is a very reasonable consequence for the action IMO. Obviously this only applies to public unauthorized fires which can be a harm to people and property. What you o on private property is your business. Maybe someone can find a business that will sponsor their right to do so in a parking lot, that would be allowed under my proposals. Maybe even preferable so I know which businesses to boycott.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: introvert

not if the admin locks you out.

Trump can easily put-out a press release. Twitter is not his only way to communicate.

True,but i dont think hes actually going to do anything either. This is just propaganda and publicity stunting.
Although.. if i was trump id appoint judges to overturn or amend those decisions made by previous Supeme courts. Such as the Texas V white case.

Why would he want to paint himself as a fascist twat?

It's appealing to the ultra-nationalists that put him in office.

Oh right, the ones that claim they aren't fascist...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I think you should jail anyone that cannot understand the Constitution.

There would be like 12 people left in the whole goddamn country.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

...you make it sound like its the end of a nation. I don't think he'll got that far, to be honest. However, people should take notice and something that I noticed absent within this thread is the fact that he is going to pick his Justices in accordance to his views and ideals.

We shall see, hmmm?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Does burning a flag reveal secret information to our enemies?

Does burning a flag assassinate a leader?

Does burning a flag declare on the US?

So how is it treasonous?

It seems you're the traitor.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He is testing the water to see how much he can get away with his supporters.....worrying.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I don't think it is unreasonable at all to suggest jailing people for what I personally consider treasonous acts against our country that embolden our enemies. However I was willing to compromise with a tiered solution.

You make the burning of the flag a fineable offense, say $500 is a good number, same as littering. But what if sommeone refuses to pay the $500 or cannot afford it? Quite simple, show your loyalty to America by singing the national anthem and reciting the pledge of allegiance after that in public. Traitors who refuse to be reasonable after demonstrating a willingness to place the public and property in danger by starting an unauthorized fire and perhaps sending signals to terrorists will do ten days in jail. Ten #ing days. That is county jail time, and not only is it not a big deal, but only someone so damn stubborn would refuse to bypass the fine by simply spending five minutes to say a few words in public.

Im all for it. Burning the American flag is not an act of protest, it is a declaration of intent, maybe even war, by communists and America haters. Pay the fine, or sing the song, or go meet your friends in county for ten days.

This is a very reasonable consequence for the action IMO. Obviously this only applies to public unauthorized fires which can be a harm to people and property. What you o on private property is your business. Maybe someone can find a business that will sponsor their right to do so in a parking lot, that would be allowed under my proposals. Maybe even preferable so I know which businesses to boycott.

Public unauthorized fires? Do you get a lot of those in your part of the country? Whatever scenario you can imagine...

You lost this issue through logic approximately 50 years ago. Get over it and stand up for American ideals ya fascist. FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS THE GREATEST!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If Lil' Kim Jung was rolled up in an American flag I would burn that mofo right up.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Does burning a flag reveal secret information to our enemies?

Does burning a flag declare on the US?

So how is it treasonous?

It seems you're the traitor.

Agreed. Traitor to our country and against the law of our land. Perhaps this person wants to burn the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pig in a blanket, fry him like bacon?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Burn my American, made in China flag goddamn it ,and you should be shipped off to China, work as a Chinese wage slave and make American flags for a year!
edit on 29-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: no y

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So using this would mean war?.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Pig in a blanket, fry him like bacon?

No, Korean BBQ.

I think if anyone wants to jail people for free speech we should burn them at the stake because I think they may be witches and I like public burnings.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join