It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
I loathe anyone who burns the American Flag. To make such a thing illegal wouldn't bother me at all. I couldn't care less what those who disagree call me. The names and insults fall on deaf ears today.

It was illegal.

The USSC changed that.

Now you want to go backwards.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: LSU0408

I aint a democrat nor a trumpster they are both as bad as each other....The same to be honest and when the trumpsters realise trump will do nothing he promised but the opposite towing the line....well people are going to be piss ed and he will have your citizenship revoked for even questioning the government.

So then I take it you called out the democrats for being in favor of changing the law to let the electors decide who to vote for, regardless of how the citizens voted. If Trump doesn't follow through with his promises then he becomes the same thing we've dealt with for 8 years, the difference is that we won't be stupid enough to reelect him for another 4 years.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

we won't be stupid enough to reelect him for another 4 years.

Sure you won't.

He's not even in office yet, talk about buyers remorse.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: LSU0408

I aint a democrat nor a trumpster they are both as bad as each other....The same to be honest and when the trumpsters realise trump will do nothing he promised but the opposite towing the line....well people are going to be piss ed and he will have your citizenship revoked for even questioning the government.

So then I take it you called out the democrats for being in favor of changing the law to let the electors decide who to vote for, regardless of how the citizens voted.

Let's not go there.

Trump criticized the Electoral College before election - - then praised it after. Typical Trump.

Trump calls Electoral College 'genius' after earlier criticism: thehill.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The one thing I KNOW Trump will try to pull is trampling the 1st. Thats what this is.

I have no particular desire to burn anyones flag. But if our new government wants to make issue about it, i may have to start.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I really cant believe the people in this thread. If I buy a flag, its my property. I have the freedom to destroy my own property. Any message that the destruction of my own property delivers is protected under freedom of speech.

Some of you guys would really throw someone in prison for burning a piece of cloth that is probably made in Chaina? This is why we are losing our rights (and we should)...because Americans can no longer respect the life, liberty, or property of other American. Hell I'd be willing to burn a flag just to spite you jerks.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The one thing I KNOW Trump will try to pull is trampling the 1st. Thats what this is.

I have no particular desire to burn anyones flag. But if our new government wants to make issue about it, i may have to start.

I agree. The 1st is very clear on this and any argument to the contrary is arguing with the Constitution no matter how you "feel" about the American flag and it being burned.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I really cant believe the people in this thread. If I buy a flag, its my property. I have the freedom to destroy my own property.

That did not used to be the case. It used to be illegal.

The USSC made it legal as freedom of speech (protected speech under the 1st amendment).

Now Trump is riling up his "Flag Waving American" base.

If Trump doesn't force a civil war - - it will be a surprise.

edit on 29-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I really cant believe the people in this thread. If I buy a flag, its my property. I have the freedom to destroy my own property.

The USSC made it legal as freedom of speech (I think).

Now Trump is riling up his "Flag Waiving American" base.

So what if it was illegal? The prohibition of flag burning was Unconstitutional in the first place. Unconstitutional means illegal. People like to ignore that.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So what if it was illegal? The prohibition of flag burning was Unconstitutional in the first place. Unconstitutional means illegal. People like to ignore that.

Are you arguing with someone who supports you and your right?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Beat the crap out of them and RECOVER the flag...I'm an ACTIVIST when I get arrested for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Annee

Nope. Especially when only 1/3rd of the country actually votes. I believe in the EC. If Trump would have won the majority and lost the EC I would have simply accepted it. Whats fair is fair.

You Can NOT twist that.

You argue for one that its because MAJORITY want it.

Then against MAJORITY vote for president.

You are making up excuses.

The right answer is "personal liberty".

Thats why the typical political discussion seems ridiculously disjointed: no one is arguing on behalf of the constitution. Everyone wants their own brand of Tyranny of the Majority.

The end of it all, though, likes in the rights of the individual. That is why we have an EC: to protect individual rights as much as possible. If we'd quit federalizing everything, and leave it with the states like its intended, then most folks would be much happier as the most important decisions that impact their day to day lives would be made much, much closer to home.

Similarly, the fact that the majority of the country is Symbol Minded, and worries about burning symbols, should not also make it a fact that they can project their misplaced fanaticism onto everyone who disagrees.

Personal liberty and individual rights. This is all that matters once the flag has turned to ash.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Are you arguing with someone who supports you and your right?

No? You both make good points? Neither seems to be actually addressing the other?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: KnightFire

Beat the crap out of them and RECOVER the flag...I'm an ACTIVIST when I get arrested for it.

And what do you do when the person you assault isn't some candy ass "liberal snowflake"? Don't forget: lbertarians support flag burning, too. And libertarians tend to be armed, and willing to fight.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I will leave this final post.

So many of you KNOW what Trump is going to do. Just like ALL of the same people knew he would not get the nomination. Just like ALL of you knew he would be trounced in the General Election. You are still parroting the same bull# folks.

I would venture that NONE of those talking about what Trump will do have read Time to get tough or Crippled America. There is NO place in those books he talks about destroying anything that adheres to the Constitution. Nothing. Only making sure we follow it again as a nation.

However you all want to call him facist. Hilter. The ignorant pussy grabbing cheeto.

Wanting to put something in place to protect the flag is NOT removing your 1st Amendment rights. For centuries, yes, centuries, you could be killed in the US for burning a flag. Now, with more moderate progressive thinking, in the last few decades, it is accepted. Just like abortion.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: UKTruth

You believe in laws to protect feelings?

He believes what Mother Russia & Fuhrer Trump tell him to believe.

Lol, if true that would be far better than following the retarded SJW philosophy

There is no difference. kang v kodos. you chose a side of which form of authoritarianism you like.

I say burn both down

I like the form of 'authoritarianism' (by your definition) that provides a framework of laws to help manage a civilised society.

I am sure you do.
a nice orderly society that doesn't suffer people speaking against the supreme leader
a clamping down of those who would interfere with government and its workings towards creating a national community.
to imprison those whom would cause trouble and protest against the government without approval first.

Yes, I know all about you and your types...and you can try.

We have a sort of inspirational quote when dealing with people of your mindset

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

America is a bigger island, and the enemy is both outside and (as you demonstrate) within, but its still the same.

Lets see dictator Trump try and enforce protest bans (the ultimate goal no doubt.)

No, a society that doesn't suffer liberal fascists. That is all.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I loathe anyone who burns the American Flag. To make such a thing illegal wouldn't bother me at all. I couldn't care less what those who disagree call me. The names and insults fall on deaf ears today.

It was illegal.

The USSC changed that.

Now you want to go backwards.

Reinstating good practice is not going backwards. There is much idiocy to be undone.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Trump dodged your draft four times and stated in an interview that 'Sex was my Vietnam' -

If I had been alive then, I would have dodged the draft too whether I was rich or poor.

Vietnam was a stupid war that we should have never been involved in. That was a poor example.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The USSC made it legal as freedom of speech (protected speech under the 1st amendment).

Now Trump is riling up his "Flag Waving American" base.

Maybe that is what is required to kill the cancer of Progressivism (which is anything but progressive) for good.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join