It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

No it is not. If I have an old flag and burn it am I doing it against the government? No. It is an old flag and I dispose of it properly. I guess you will call me a Russian now to right?

and where does he say you cannot question the government?
edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-29T13:34:34-06:000134 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Where does he say you cannot question the government? Burning a flag is not questioning the government...

He doesn't, but liberals are hanging on his every tweet to trigger another emotional outburst. It's very very funny to watch.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No it is not. If I have an old flag and burn it am I doing it against the government? No. It is an old flag and I dispose of it properly. I guess you will call me a Russian now to right?

Well following Hillary's lead (which these people do blindly), you are either a deplorable, Russian spy, alt-right fascist or wacist.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It is funny. I am actually loving it. Trump will go down as the greatest and most powerful internet troll in history and it is classic.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Let's recap;

- Trump wants to lock people up, in dangerous GenPop where rape and race attacks are frequent, for burning a flag and leaving no victims behind...

- His cult automatically come to his defence because it's what has to be done...

- If he had said flag burning is an important facet of freedom of speech they'd have taken that stance instead...

I think we can conclude they've been successfully brainwashed & Donald Koresh is laughing his trolling arse all the way back to Dump Tower.

...and we can assume that libtards are still crying

Don't worry, once all the tears have dried up I am sure your human side will get used to normality.

Locking people up for protest is "normality" he says...

He forgot to say that only applies in Mother Russia 🇷🇺 and North Korea 🇰🇵...

Or Nazi 🇩🇪 if we go back far enough.

Stick your "normality" up your arse, pal!

If a law is passed, promise me you will be the first to burn the flag. It would make my beer taste sweeter!

I'm British.

& as a Brit this law wouldn't affect me because in my Free Nation we can burn any piece of cloth we choose to.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: SaturnFX

Hillary Clinton co-sponsored a bill in 2005 to make damage of a flag and flag-burning illegal, with penalties including prison and fines.

Why are people slamming Trump for this?

Trump is the one discussing it
I am assuming you are also slamming Trump for pushing this?

Yes, both sides want to erode away speech and expression...we unite..we fight.

Unite under the one flag that's supposed to unite us, just to fight to be able to destroy that flag?

You can stop crying as well your preference is the Confederate Flag.

The Confederate Flag isn't the flag that unites this country. If this were 1861 - 1865 and someone below the Mason-Dixon line burned the Confederate Flag I'd feel the same way. I know you didn't expect me to be nondiscriminatory, but I am.

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I could protest the government by burning the flag so yes it is. in fact people have done just this in the past.
Oh and no you are a normal ats member you didn't thank Russia in the election thread like russiatruth did.
edit on 29-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

link   

You realise that this topic has been back and forth in Congress and the Supreme Court and the opinion is very mixed, right?
Any law that Trump manages to get passed will just be another law that people have to live by.
I know it's hard for some to understand but you really can't do anything you want in any normal civilised society. Burning flags on the street is simply not normal. It's a mental disorder that drives it, common to liberals.

Doesn't matter what is or isn't normal.
What wasn't normal was for the americans to go against the british crown
it wasn't normal for minorities to protest against having unequal rights
it wasn't normal to protest against war, or against communism in the eastern bloc

your idea of normality doesn't matter...see, this nation is founded on the principles of freedom to express yourself.

Now, since I have been fighting castro loving communists a few days ago, and debating you is literally on the same exact wavelength of love for despots, I can confidently say that you, sir, are holding views that are absolutely counter to enlightened western ideals of a advanced society. You should perhaps consider moving out of the west to a more fitting area of your liking..perhaps in the middle east where despotic dictators and tyrants clamp down on civil liberties in order to protect feelings.

And take a few millennial sjws with you..you are all the same.

And finally:

Authoritarians...pink mist em all.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Maybe that is because your country has moved on the bigger more pressing issues...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You believe in laws to protect feelings?

He believes what Mother Russia & Fuhrer Trump tell him to believe.

Lol, if true that would be far better than following the retarded SJW philosophy

There is no difference. kang v kodos. you chose a side of which form of authoritarianism you like.

I say burn both down

I like the form of 'authoritarianism' (by your definition) that provides a framework of laws to help manage a civilised society.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well following Hillary's lead (which these people do blindly), you are either a deplorable, Russian spy, alt-right fascist or wacist.

That defence of yourself doesn't quite work when you're genuinely are 3 of the 4 things you highlighted.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Simply burning a flag means nothing anymore is what I am getting at. There has to be some symbolism behind it. Like I said earlier, decades back, if someone light a flag on fire it was a big deal. Now, it is not. It is used to incite a reaction not protest the government. If that was the case why is someone not standing outside the White House every day and lighting one on fire every hour protesting anything?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hey guy. Just a heads up. I can burn your flag publicly in the UK too.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: RickinVa
this thread is pointless.

I am going to burn a damn flag in protest of this thread.

Make sure it's a rainbow flag so you can see how these 1st Amendment patriots act when it's a flag they feel represents them.

Take a rainbow flag, put it next to a American flag, tie it together with a Mexican and rebel flag. then stuff it in a koran and bible and burn the whole thing

Because there are no objects that trump the freedom of expression, and if you are for one form and want to make illegal the other, then you are anti-American and its you personally who needs to be burned in order to MAGA

Ironically, because of how patriotic I am, I'm in favor of punishing anyone who burns the US Flag. So basically, I'm so patriotic I'm anti-American according to you... What a world. Our ancestors would be ashamed of the way things have turned out so far, IMO.

That's not ironic. That is hypocritical.

That's your biased opinion.

link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Indigo5

There is no 'right' to burn a flag. I mean, if it is covered under 'symbolic speech' what if I am pissed and my wife and light the car on fire? It is symbolic speech right? No but why not take that to the SCOTUS.

It is covered under political expression...As Justice Scalia points out, burning a flag is the near epitome of political expression.

No..Lighting a car on fire is not that.

Why would you abuse your own brain to defend nonsense...assuming you actually have an IQ over 40 and are just trying to be snarky.

So, am I cool burn boxes of the Koran and images of Mohammed in front of a mosque and expect no repercussions? Should not one Muslim be offended and want me to be punished for those actions?

Wow...OK...

You are free to burn a Koran anyplace you like.
As far as "repercussions"..you might get those from civilians and some of them might get arrested if caught.

As far as your government though? No...Your government should not declare the burning of the Koran illegal nor strip you of your citizenship
You are suggesting that we institute something similar to Islamic Law here? Where it becomes illegal to express yourself in certain political or religious ways??????

BTW...Pastor Terry Jones announced he was going to do just that...Burn a pile of Korans in public protest..And General Patreus, Pres. Obama and a ton of other political figures spoke out against it fearing it would incite "repercussions"...but everyone acknowledged it was his right and no one for an instant suggested he should be arrested.
en.wikipedia.org...(pastor)

Cuz your post looks like you are arguing we adopt a legal structure similar to Islamic law???

edit on 29-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: RickinVa
this thread is pointless.

I am going to burn a damn flag in protest of this thread.

Make sure it's a rainbow flag so you can see how these 1st Amendment patriots act when it's a flag they feel represents them.

Take a rainbow flag, put it next to a American flag, tie it together with a Mexican and rebel flag. then stuff it in a koran and bible and burn the whole thing

Because there are no objects that trump the freedom of expression, and if you are for one form and want to make illegal the other, then you are anti-American and its you personally who needs to be burned in order to MAGA

Ironically, because of how patriotic I am, I'm in favor of punishing anyone who burns the US Flag. So basically, I'm so patriotic I'm anti-American according to you... What a world. Our ancestors would be ashamed of the way things have turned out so far, IMO.

That's not ironic. That is hypocritical.

That's your biased opinion.

Not according to the First Amendment.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think the best thing to burn is a Manchester United flag tbh.
City!

link   

You realise that this topic has been back and forth in Congress and the Supreme Court and the opinion is very mixed, right?
Any law that Trump manages to get passed will just be another law that people have to live by.
I know it's hard for some to understand but you really can't do anything you want in any normal civilised society. Burning flags on the street is simply not normal. It's a mental disorder that drives it, common to liberals.

Doesn't matter what is or isn't normal.
What wasn't normal was for the americans to go against the british crown
it wasn't normal for minorities to protest against having unequal rights
it wasn't normal to protest against war, or against communism in the eastern bloc

your idea of normality doesn't matter...see, this nation is founded on the principles of freedom to express yourself.

Now, since I have been fighting castro loving communists a few days ago, and debating you is literally on the same exact wavelength of love for despots, I can confidently say that you, sir, are holding views that are absolutely counter to enlightened western ideals of a advanced society. You should perhaps consider moving out of the west to a more fitting area of your liking..perhaps in the middle east where despotic dictators and tyrants clamp down on civil liberties in order to protect feelings.

And take a few millennial sjws with you..you are all the same.

And finally:

Authoritarians...pink mist em all.

Western society, by your definition, is already authoritarian. So maybe you should try living on an island to create your utopia. I understand what you are saying and why, but you will not ever live in the world that you seem to envisage. Balance is always needed between pure freedom and the structure in society vital to progress.

I'm afraid it's you who are going to have a hard time.

By the way, your 'embrace democracy or you will be eradicated' meme shows how little you actually know about democracy. If there is one sure way of being eradicated, it's embracing democracy. This is why the US has always rejected democracy in it's purest form. Democracy is not for embracing, it's for managing.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You believe in laws to protect feelings?

He believes what Mother Russia & Fuhrer Trump tell him to believe.

Lol, if true that would be far better than following the retarded SJW philosophy

There is no difference. kang v kodos. you chose a side of which form of authoritarianism you like.

I say burn both down

I like the form of 'authoritarianism' (by your definition) that provides a framework of laws to help manage a civilised society.

I am sure you do.
a nice orderly society that doesn't suffer people speaking against the supreme leader
a clamping down of those who would interfere with government and its workings towards creating a national community.
to imprison those whom would cause trouble and protest against the government without approval first.

Yes, I know all about you and your types...and you can try.

We have a sort of inspirational quote when dealing with people of your mindset

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

America is a bigger island, and the enemy is both outside and (as you demonstrate) within, but its still the same.

Lets see dictator Trump try and enforce protest bans (the ultimate goal no doubt.)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I think the best thing to burn is a Manchester United flag tbh.
City!

Well at least we can agree on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join