It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump suggests jail, loss of citizenship for burning U.S. flag

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: LSU0408

The nazis said the same about their flag. Sorry but if you want freedom it should be allowed....Its only a flag...

The Nazis were unified, too. Just because they valued their flag like patriotic Americans do and wanted to protect it, doesn't mean patriotic Americans are Nazis for wanting to protect their flag at all costs.

I wonder what would happen if a white guy jumped up on a table in the school cafeteria at lunch time and screamed "n*gger." It's only a word...

No they weren't. The Nazi's claimed the national elections in Germany in 1930 over the sitting party and by 1932 when they became the largest party they still didn't have a majority.

So the Nazis weren't unified and didn't want to protect their flag? I'm trying to see where any of what you said ties in with that.

link   

You guys need the safe place a place where you can't burn a flag because you don like freedom of expression.
Heck you guys have all turned into the ultimate snowflakes .

link   

originally posted by: DisUglyBoyHere
I'm just laughing at the fringe Authoritarian Fascists who actually want to make flag burning illegal.

They're the same type of people to say that the left want to limit free speech, while spewing this hypocrisy.

Classic isn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The nazis said the same about their flag. Sorry but if you want freedom it should be allowed....Its only a flag...

The Nazis were unified, too. Just because they valued their flag like patriotic Americans do and wanted to protect it, doesn't mean patriotic Americans are Nazis for wanting to protect their flag at all costs.

I wonder what would happen if a white guy jumped up on a table in the school cafeteria at lunch time and screamed "n*gger." It's only a word...

No they weren't. The Nazi's claimed the national elections in Germany in 1930 over the sitting party and by 1932 when they became the largest party they still didn't have a majority.

So the Nazis weren't unified and didn't want to protect their flag? I'm trying to see where any of what you said ties in with that.

Just saying the country wasn't unified under Nazi rule. There were many dissenting opinions in Germany and saying they were unified is a lie. Get your facts straight.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If someone wants to waste however much money on a flag just to burn it go ahead.

If I'm going to buy something to burn I want to be able to inhale the smoke

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Yes I think to ban any flag burning is anti freedom.
You advocate for people losing their citizenship for doing so sorry but that is against the 1st and you know it but like I said he could gas Mexicans and you would follow blindly.
I have seen only one trump supporter actually question what trump is saying well done to you who did this at least you are not a blind robot
Go thank Russia again eh?.

You didn't actually address the point - no surprise there.

Were 48 of 50 states subjecting their people to Nazisim for 20 years by having laws to protect the flag?
Were 4 of the 9 SCOTUS's Nazi's?

You introduced Nazism, so wondered whether you are actually, really, thought this or were just having another liberal brain fart.

...and just so you are clear - If I see something I disagree with, I say so. That is different to pandering to a melodramatic loony liberal who wants Trump to be wrong so badly that they have lost all common sense (well the little they had to begin with)
edit on 29/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You believe in laws to protect feelings?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Did they punish people by taking away their citizenship?.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Is it wrong to point out facism? Sorry but the nazis banned flag burning. Just like you want also you agree with loss of citizenship also so yup I also think you are backing facist views.
I mean loss of citizemship for burning a flag? What's next loss of citizenship for disagreeing with your new savior?.

oooo Nazi's...

From 1968 to 1989 flag protection laws were in place in 48 of the 50 states and the vote to overturn these laws was a 5-4 vote in the SC. Are you saying those states were run by Nazi's and fascists and 4 of the 9 SCOTUS's were Nazi's? Or do you think you might be suffering from a little liberal melodrama syndrome?

The whole discussion on freedom of speech wasn't even really discussed in political discourse until the 1920s..so yeah, taking time to understand exactly what that means will inevitably start drawing down some hard handed laws.

The only thing that Trump has done by tweeting this is to ensure flag burning becomes widespread. He should have instead contacted people like Sanders and Clinton off the record to simply have them come out against flag burning as it is their flag also that represents their fight to form the nation.

But nope..he just says something stupid in order to get flag burning now a trend.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

He believes what Mother Russia & Fuhrer Trump tell him to believe.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yup he is obvious.
Thank Russia again russiatruth.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: RickinVa
this thread is pointless.

I am going to burn a damn flag in protest of this thread.

Make sure it's a rainbow flag so you can see how these 1st Amendment patriots act when it's a flag they feel represents them.

Take a rainbow flag, put it next to a American flag, tie it together with a Mexican and rebel flag. then stuff it in a koran and bible and burn the whole thing

Because there are no objects that trump the freedom of expression, and if you are for one form and want to make illegal the other, then you are anti-American and its you personally who needs to be burned in order to MAGA

Ironically, because of how patriotic I am, I'm in favor of punishing anyone who burns the US Flag. So basically, I'm so patriotic I'm anti-American according to you... What a world. Our ancestors would be ashamed of the way things have turned out so far, IMO.

That's not ironic. That is hypocritical.

careful Krazy....you might now be considered as being a liberal elite, and in Trumptopia, you are the "them" and "the other" which are people to be castigated and punished.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Make sure it's a rainbow flag so you can see how these 1st Amendment patriots act when it's a flag they feel represents them.

Take a rainbow flag, put it next to a American flag, tie it together with a Mexican and rebel flag. then stuff it in a koran and bible and burn the whole thing

Because there are no objects that trump the freedom of expression, and if you are for one form and want to make illegal the other, then you are anti-American and its you personally who needs to be burned in order to MAGA

Ironically, because of how patriotic I am, I'm in favor of punishing anyone who burns the US Flag. So basically, I'm so patriotic I'm anti-American according to you... What a world. Our ancestors would be ashamed of the way things have turned out so far, IMO.

That's not ironic. That is hypocritical.

careful Krazy....you might now be considered as being a liberal elite, and in Trumptopia, you are the "them" and "the other" which are people to be castigated and punished.

Trust me. Many on ATS already consider me one of those people. No worries for me there.

edit on 29-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Soon he may lose his citizenship for questioning Mein trump.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

He believes what Mother Russia & Fuhrer Trump tell him to believe.

Lol, if true that would be far better than following the retarded SJW philosophy

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How authoritarian of him and his supporters.

And this is the new norm.

Eroding away is the idea of the left and right. yes, there are still differences, but now the battle is shifting from L and R to authoritarian vs libertarianism.

Authoritarianism comes in both forms and are always moral busybodies trying to curtail liberties in exchange for feelings..be it calling facts racism, calling expression anti-American, etc etc and trying to get laws enacted to punish any who would dare speak against their moral judgment.

This is the good fight. hard to fight in any real way over percentage tax points when the real enemy are people like this who are trying to arrest people who protest legally.

link   

a reply to: jimmyx

Soon he may lose his citizenship for questioning Mein trump.

Highly unlikely. Have you worked out whether you were just being a drama queen or had a serious point with your Nazi head spinning?

edit on 29/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

No, no, no, that's not called anti-American, that's called having a right-wing authoritarian mindset. Making such a law would set a dangerous precedence on people who express their disdain towards the government.

Who's to say that after flag burning is done, it then becomes illegal to make fake tabloids (which is extremely prevalent) on the government or president, so they outlaw that too. Keep sliding down the slippery slope and conspiracies and speculation that criticizes or attempts to whistle blow at the government is illegal.

Then they outlaw anyone who vehemently protests against the government (peacefully).

Onwards to outlawing any type of criticism, verbal or nonverbal, towards the government. Then we'll live in Mussolini's paradise!
edit on 29-11-2016 by DisUglyBoyHere because: Grammar, elaboration.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I would it a step further demand that anyone who refuses to pay a fine for burning a flag should be forced to sing The Star Spangled Banner, and recite the Pledge of Allegiance in public back to back, or face ten days in jail.

So the options under my proposals are, pay the fine and sing a song, or ten days of jail. I think that is a reasonable approach, and I would support it 100%.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think jail and loss of citizenship is a fair punishment for burning the flag.

I hope he can push this through and send a message to the people that do this that like many forms of free speech, there are consequences.

Holy SH*&! The loony fascists are coming out of the wood-work to Support Trump.

No...Burning the flag is free political expression protected under the First Amendment of the Constitution of The United States of America.

It is EVERY Americans right to demonstrate their displeasure, disagreement and even anger with their government.

If you think otherwise...take that BS to North Korea...Or in your case..just stay the eff out of our country...cuz we are Free.

The "Consequences" of Freedom of Speech are a Free Democracy.

We have freedom of opinion too, and you seem ok to suppress it when it isn't in favor of yours. Free democracy huh? Is that why the left wants to make it readily available for the electors to change their vote to the candidate of their choice even though the majority of citizens in that state didn't vote for said candidate? Where do you draw the line?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join