It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Skulls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So, this is one of my ink drawings. I have an obsession with sugar skulls and this guy is one of my favorites. I always make them in a theme of some kind. Everything is 100% free-hand. I start with pencil and then ink it in once I'm satisfied with the initial sketch.

I'd post my very favorite one, but it might violate TnC because its theme is a certain illicit herb and I'm not sure it'll be OK to show it off. I'm not certain who I need to ask if it's alright.

Anyway, I've never posted in this forum before but I was going through my drawings and decided I'd share with everyone. If I can find out if it's OK, I'll post the other one because I really love it.

Edit: here's a couple more...

edit on 30008America/ChicagoTue, 29 Nov 2016 08:00:20 -060030am30333America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

edit on 30038America/ChicagoTue, 29 Nov 2016 08:03:45 -060030am30333America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Add images

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Very cool love the pirate theme, i used to enjoy drawing skulls nothing to your extent but decent.

Would like to see more of yours

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Thank you! I love the pirate theme too. I'll post some more of them. I'm doing painted ceramic skulls too...I plan on doing my kitchen in sugar skulls, including mural work. So much fun!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Amazing work! My sister loves sugar skulls. She has a large one tattooed on her side.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thank you! I'm drawing one specifically for a tattoo as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Very nice, can't wait to see more and the sculptures.

The history of the day of the dead is fascinating to me and what a way to celebrate the holiday of halloween.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you! I added a couple more drawings and I'll add my newest ceramic creation too. Dia de Los Muertos is a really big deal around here...I found some really cute sugar skull things around Halloween, including a dish towel, which I was totally jazzed about.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Oh my gosh!

# 2...absolute favorite!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh me too!!! I pick #2! Love the detail and color!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thank you! It's not true to color because of the lighting, but those are Mardi Gras colors...purple rather than blue, etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nice artwork.. the third one is my favorite. .there is something about it that resonates with me. I'd be interested in seeing your ceramic skulls when you have the time/inclination to post them.

Nicely done!

blend57

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Here's my latest ceramic skull. I haven't glazed it yet because it's not quite finished.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Thank you! I just posted a ceramic...couldn't edit it into my OP so just added it as a reply. My other ceramics are either packed away or were given as gifts, so I'll have to search for more photos.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Pretty!

I love the nail art as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Thank you! I do my own nails too lol😜😜😜

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Aye Aye!

Well done, I'm back to work then. Thanks for the hint (insider-pun)!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i love candy skulls

palm of my hand
most painful tattoo i have by far. it is not that old either. all the color fell out

your drawings are damn nice

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Hahahaaaa...don't work too hard, now!πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thank you! And Ouch!! I've got kanjis on both of my inner wrists, and they were absolutely the most painful ink I've ever gotten...I can only imagine how much that must have hurt on the palm of your hand. I think areas with creases like that tend to fade quickly because the ink doesn't get in there deeply enough. It's a really nice skull...I'm sure you're not in any hurry to go through that again for a re-inking though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join