It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Fake news comes from our own govt’- Ron Paul fires back on propaganda charges

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Allegations of spreading “fake news” and propagandizing for Russia are being laughed off by Dr. Ron Paul, founder of the Ron Paul Institute. He tells RT “it’s flattering” to receive so much attention from a recent Washington Post article.

Calling the accusation “a bit ironic,” Paul chalked it up to “sour grapes” on the part of those who had hoped for a different outcome in the presidential election.

“The ones who are charging us with listening to what Russia tells us to say,” Paul said, “they've lost all credibility.”

‘Fake news comes from our own govt’- Ron Paul fires back on propaganda charges

I couldn't agree more.

How many times has the government given us fake news? You can't count them all. Iraq WMD, 9/11, Gulf of Tonkin, etc. Hell, half the stuff ATS has talked about for years.

This FAKE NEWS list is the most ridiculous thing you could possibly imagine. A dead, lamestream, legacy media upon their last deathbed gasps for air are so desperate they have to resort to propaganda accusing all the sites, even Drudge, of being Russian propagandists. But it even goes beyond that. Word is some of the anti-virus software now has programmed in updates to block the sites.

Lol, I always have used Kaspersky- from Russia. Best A/V ever. I don't think Kaspersky will be adding all of our go to alternative media sites to the blocked list. That would be the ultimate irony. But they will lose my business on the spot if they do.
edit on Tue Nov 29th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ill assume this is a safe space so I have a confession,
I have a massive man crush on Ron Paul

How many of you wish you could turn back time 4 years and fight harder to get this guy in the White House?
edit on 29/11/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The more the try to clamp down on, the more people will resist.

People are already fleeing twitter and heading over to GAB, there will be a similar result with Facebook and even the almighty google.

All this Fake News BS is simply exposing their connections to the state and are further assisting in the awakening of the "masses".

Thanks for the assist elite, your days are numbered and your corruption is being brought out into the light.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

At this point I feel it's out of necessity. If they have no one outside our government to blame they lose all credibility and make CTists sound not so nutty.
Remember a very large majority of the population still get their news from msm in some form or fashion, hell, even on this site.
Forget it if it was widely known it was our own fbi and other in-house entities doing the releasing of damming emails and not the Russians or some other hacking army to blame people who are still entranced in the alphabet media may even start to question what's being reported.
America's Revelations.
Threes an electronic war going on in this country that has its lid first blown off by Snowdon who could be considered a traitor like Trump has expressed. I would imagine he felt he had to say something.
He may have even been a double agent and still I'm happy he did what he did.

Now with the leaks we witnessed during this past summer and fall and the cutting off of Assange's internet access coupled with the push for a no-fly zone and accusations of Russian hacks all being laid out for the world in the debates screams desperation to hold onto power for an end-goal by high powers.
Everyone was on board with a Clinton win. It was the Iraq invasion all over again.
Monkey wrenches flying all over now.
Some people backtracking, others pushing for recounts.
Their moves are limited right now.
What's next?
How's it going to play out now?

edit on 29-11-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Well after the prism revelations and the repeated attempts to pass internet legislation I thought nothing would sway the social media masses still laying out their lives on facebook, etc. To think people really seem to be paying attention now is eye-opening.
Still mllions more seem to take the blue pill.
Holding onto bliss.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Since I cant give you official applause, this is for you.

A dead, lamestream, legacy media upon their last deathbed gasps for air are so desperate they have to resort to propaganda

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Spot on Sir!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Whats GAB EG?

And just want to say I am glad to see you still posting after your recent thread.

Wish you well in all you do Mate!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I love the smell of Ron Paul in the morning...

Because he's honest, accurate, in-your-face, unafraid, kind and fighting for the American people.

Of how many other politicians can you say the same???

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Greetings-

If You recall Obama, through an Executive Order, approved the use of 'Psy-Ops' to better service the citizenry. Propaganda is a part of those Psy-Ops. There was a thread here about it, circa 2011-2012, if memory serves..

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
I love the smell of Ron Paul in the morning...

Because he's honest, accurate, in-your-face, unafraid, kind and fighting for the American people.

Of how many other politicians can you say the same???

You want the best secretary of state? There you have it. Ron Paul. I know, I know, he'd do just as well as secretary of the treasury to reform the Fed. But a bolder move would be to put him as SoS. Talk about rattling some bones! Non-interventionalist foreign policy is what this country has needed forever. Simply because of the absolute, chaotic MESS we are in overseas. Bring all the troops back, put most of them on the southern border to oversee the wall construction, and regroup. Relinquish being the world's police and concentrate on getting America just RIGHT again. I'll settle for right, for God's sakes. It doesn't have to be great. Shoot for the stars and end up on the moon. Ok, fine. But certainly anything in that direction is better than where we are, or were, going.
edit on Tue Nov 29th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

gab.ai... is an upstart for uncensored unfiltered twitter like communications.

a reply to: JimNasium
Oh there have been many threads actually, and we make sure to bring that up on most discussions of propaganda and possible false flags.

Here is everything ATS has on the subject

Always important to remember this travesty and bring it up.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
RT taking quotes and throwing them back to say our media is untrustworthy... right.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Greetings-

If You recall Obama, through an Executive Order, approved the use of 'Psy-Ops' to better service the citizenry. Propaganda is a part of those Psy-Ops. There was a thread here about it, circa 2011-2012, if memory serves..

You're referring to the Smith-mundt act being repealed in 2012.. That gave the secretary of state(Clinton at the time) and state dept permission to use propaganda.

The Smith-mundt act needs to be restored to combat the "fake news" aka propaganda we are seeing.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Why couldn't this man be President?

He could have been an amazing leader.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why couldn't this man be President?

He could have been an amazing leader.

thats exactly why. He would have been an amazing leader to the 99% in calling out the .0001% BS and getting rid of the bs in govt.
edit on 161130America/ChicagoTue, 29 Nov 2016 11:16:07 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
RT taking quotes and throwing them back to say our media is untrustworthy... right.

because it is untrustworthy:
40 seconds in, mainstream caught lying in a "sattelite" interview . This is not to mention the hundreds of others that were caught live on T.V. Just saying, that I do not encourage anyone to be naive.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: stosh64

gab.ai... is an upstart for uncensored unfiltered twitter like communications.

a reply to: JimNasium
Oh there have been many threads actually, and we make sure to bring that up on most discussions of propaganda and possible false flags.

Here is everything ATS has on the subject

Always important to remember this travesty and bring it up.

Thanks for all the info.

I have never done FB or twitter so I am not aware of alternatives either.

I am now.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
because it is untrustworthy:
40 seconds in, mainstream caught lying in a "sattelite" interview . This is not to mention the hundreds of others that were caught live on T.V. Just saying, that I do not encourage anyone to be naive.

CNN, Fox, etc lie x% of the time, maybe 2% for CNN, maybe 10% for Fox, and it's much less than that in printed publications (24 hour news cycles on TV invent coverage... print articles don't have the constant push for new material). Infowars and RT lie closer to 80% of the time. It's a big difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I do not see RT lying 80% of the time, and frankly I do not believe you see it either. But it should be easy, because that would mean 8 out of 10 articles RT puts out are false. I respect RT for bringing some issues I do not normally hear about in my country. is there any chance you could show me some of these 80% lies to help me understand better??

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Joe Scarborough has been going off about it a lot lately.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join