It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Westbrook averaging triple-double; latest in season since Oscar Robertson in 1963-64

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

With 27 points, 18 rebounds and 14 assists against the New York Knicks in a 112-103 win Monday, Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is now averaging a triple-double and doing so later in the season than any player has since Oscar Robertson in 1963-64.

Westbrook is averaging 30.9 points, 10.3 rebounds and 11.3 assists in 19 games this season. He is one of only five players in NBA history to average a triple-double more than five games into the season.

LINK

I think this topic is worthy of discussion because averaging a triple-double in today's NBA could be the greatest feat in sports history. What could I compare it to? Wilt Chamberlain averaging 50 points a game for a season comes to mind.

The most incredible thing to me about averaging a triple-double for a season in today's NBA is that the players are so big and fast that I think we're looking at an unimaginable achievement. Consider the fact that most NBA players are lucky to have one triple-double in their entire career. Very few players even have more than ten in their whole career.

What Westbrook has done already is simply unbelievable to me.
edit on 29-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

join