It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia Reporting Plane Crash 81 People Brazilian Soccer Team

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
BBC reported pilot may have dumped fuel expecting crash. What looks to be confirmed is tower was made aware of an electrical malfunction of some sort.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Colombian officials now saying 76 dead. Sad day indeed.

A plane carrying 81 people, including a top Brazilian football team, has crashed on its approach to the city of Medellin in Colombia. Police say five people survived the crash but the rest of those on board died.
BBC NEWS
edit on 29-11-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Wow this is horrible. RIP! They were on the come up too, about to play the first leg of the Copa Nacional (the CL of SA) finale, which is a great achievement for a team that just started to play with the best in Brazil a few years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The Brazilian govt fell out of favour with the US govt not long ago.

Perhaps this event is a form of attack on Brazil and or its leadership? Lets see what eventuates over the next few months.

I am a firm believer that anything is possible...however with respect, I think that is reaching more than a little bit here. I just cannot fathom why anyone would target a soccer team to get revenge on their country's government. How did you come by that particular theory?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Colombian officials now saying 76 dead. Sad day indeed.

A plane carrying 81 people, including a top Brazilian football team, has crashed on its approach to the city of Medellin in Colombia. Police say five people survived the crash but the rest of those on board died.
BBC NEWS

Oh wow. That is terrible. My heart goes out to the survivors...they'll be having the hardest time with this.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Three players, two crew, and a journalist were found alive. One person, apparently one of the crew members, died en route to the hospital. Three members of the soccer team – Alan Luciano Ruschel and goalkeepers Jackson Ragnar Follmann and Marcos Danilo Padilha – were among the survivors. Two crew members – Ximena Suárez and Erwin Tumiri were also rescued, along with Bralizian journalist Rafael Henzel. Ruschel apparently suffered minor injuries, and Henzel is in stable condition.

The team had requested a direct flight from Brazil, but the request was denied by Brazilian authorities, which forced them to charter the smaller aircraft.
edit on 11/29/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So, there were only 5 survivors out of 81 people? Sad

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is devastating. May they RIP. I've read that the goalkeeper, Danilo has also passed away.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They're listing a flight technician and flight attendant as survivors. One of them reported the aircraft ran out of fuel. The pilot reported an electrical problem when they declared an emergency.

Both are consistent with the Flightradar24 data. The last transponder report showed them at 15,500 feet, 18 miles from the airport. The terrain they impacted at was at 7,000 feet.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They're listing a flight technician and flight attendant as survivors. One of them reported the aircraft ran out of fuel. The pilot reported an electrical problem when they declared an emergency.

Both are consistent with the Flightradar24 data. The last transponder report showed them at 15,500 feet, 18 miles from the airport. The terrain they impacted at was at 7,000 feet.

Any Data on how far they made it in between last know location and the airport. ?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This news hit me especially hard because a few hours before the plane went down, I had a horrible dream about a plane crash....with a sports team on board and all losing their lives
I had hoped no plane crash had actually happened, but when I checked the news, alas. It's like, I don't even like sports, so why do I have these sort of dreams? I hope their families can get through this. 2016 is trying to finish on a high note, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Not yet. They're still analyzing the data. There was an odd little blip near the end. They were descending, then climbed some, then dropped the rest of the way to impact.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It's absolutely devastating, can not even imagine losing so many friends and coworkers at one time. My heart is breaking for them.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Both data recorders have been recovered. The death toll stands at 75. Seventy two bodies were removed, most from the fuselage. The others were found in the same area the survivors were found at. The UK AAIB and BAE Systems are sending representatives to assist. The aircraft was sold new to Mesaba Airlines in the US. They sold it to CityJet in 2007, who sold it to Lamia.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

this is so sad...one of the players found out a week ago that he was going to be a dad..he survived the crash and got to talk to his wife but passed shortly after talking to her........another player couldn;t get on the plane because he forgot his passport...his dad was on the plane...one of the many dead.

they were having a fairytale season..then to end like this....just heartbreaking

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

It is. It's a terrible situation for them. The whole thing came about because authorities in Brazil required them to use a Brazilian aircraft, which put them on a relatively short range aircraft that had to stop for fuel, instead of being able to charter an A320 or something larger from somewhere else.

The death toll has been reduced to 71. Four people on the passenger list didn't board the flight.

The pilot was Co-owner of the company. They have three aircraft but two are in maintenance.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Investigators aren't ruling anything out, but one big clue is the lack of post impact fire. That seems to indicate little to no fuel left on board.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A standard RJ85 has a range of 1842 miles. At the time of the crash, not including the holding pattern, they had flown 1848 miles. It's not clear if the aircraft had been modified with extra tanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I was talking with my father about this today. My family is from Medellin and other small towns in Antioquia. They were about to play for the South American cup. It really moved me to hear my father state that the Atletico National, the Colombian team they were going to face off with, has requested that the Chapecoense be awarded the title out of solidarity. that # really moved me, and reminded me about how kind and selfless my fellow Colombians can be. Maybe I should take pride in that more often.

Opponent in Finals Requests Chapecoense Be Awarded the Title

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The Brazilian govt fell out of favour with the US govt not long ago.

Perhaps this event is a form of attack on Brazil and or its leadership? Lets see what eventuates over the next few months.

I am a firm believer that anything is possible...however with respect, I think that is reaching more than a little bit here. I just cannot fathom why anyone would target a soccer team to get revenge on their country's government. How did you come by that particular theory?

thanks

I've learned that govt don't always play fair and they also like a good deal of plausible deniability to when it comes to sending a countries govt, a message.

IF the the US did want to hit Brazil, they would likely do something like this because its both a hint and a veiled message that says 'see what we can do, your next if you dont fall into line' and at the same time they have plausibility deniability and disclaim any involvement at all.

its a bit like 'we're sorry one of your kids got hit by a car last week, we sincerely do hope it was nothing but then when you make people angry we cant grannatee that something like this might happen to your kids in the future and it might sadly, have much more serious consequences. Can we suggest you have another think about xyz?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join