It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoiled People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I remember when I was a nipper, and I used to go to church with my family.

When one needed to go, it was always cold as hell during the winter in the toilets at one of the churches we used to frequent. It was an extension to the original building, and had been knocked up in the forties I think. In any case, the structure was not insulated in the least, and one could always see ones breath in the air during the colder months. In any case, that was the least of the troubles in that toilet. The paper they used was of the most uniquely ill suited kind.

It was shiny, like grease proof paper, and when manipulated in such a way as to be used to clean ones behind, would crease in such a way as to produce edges which would actually cut you, if you were not VERY careful. How anyone ever managed to do a number two there without coming away feeling like they had just been sodomised with a razorblade, I will never know. In any case, this was some of the worst toilet paper I ever encountered anywhere, and further to that, one of the least appropriately equipped or constructed lavatories I had ever seen up until that point.

Now, it is absolutely the case that it beats a bucket for a toilet pan and a stinging nettle for toilet paper, but not by a great deal. Lacerated sphincters are not pleasant by any means.

That being said, in general yes, there is a case to be answered where the spoiled and wanton nature of modernity is concerned. Our local bus company provides wifi on its buses, as well as power outlets for USB charging of devices. No doubt if certain folk get used to that, then go to another town or county and find their buses do not have that functionality, there will be some properly first world problems being voiced, and that is clearly ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You Think It Sucks To Be You... !?!

Try Living In A City That Thinks Your A Christian!

I Repeatedly Tell Them Im Not! Yet... They Keep On Coming.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Who would want to do it with scratchy cats instead of fluffy puppies is beyond me

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
So I was wiping my butt...

Wait. What?

You don't have a personal assistant?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Oh gosh!

I've never seen that before and when I google puppy toilet paper, I did not get the results I expected.

I couldn't use it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBritWhat you're talking about is Izal, smooth on one side rough on the other. I remember as a child having to spend an inordinately amount of time ripping up newspapers into a more manageable size, but believe me you don't want to use it, only in emergencies as the print comes off on your nether regions.
Yes, your spoiled compared to those that have to do it in the jungle, but think, those people don't have to pay taxes.
With that statement I suppose I'll a load of people posting "ah, but those people are probably starving" or "those people are suffering", blah, blah, blah. Don't try to lay a guilt trip on me.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Who would want to do it with scratchy cats instead of fluffy puppies is beyond me

Poor puppies on your toilet roll getting crap all over them and flushed down the toilet, use Andrex dude, all the fluffy puppy goodness without having to see a pic of one while your doing the business,, it's good stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join