It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Facebook Employees Are Quitting Because Users Are Being Censored

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Here Comes The Flood! haha

It's beginning, people are pissed at the Censorship of these Billion Dollar Companies like FB and Reddit!

It's gonna be a s'ht storm, grab your popcorn and drink and catch a ride on the Crazy Train!

theantimedia.org...
www.zerohedge.com...

In the midst of backlash over the stunning victory of President-elect Donald Trump, which some people attribute to the preponderance of apocryphal headlines disseminated by Internet search engines and social media platforms, the companies are tweaking their algorithms in order to target specifically blacklisted sites, many of which happen to be alternative media sites that question the political and media establishment.

Many of the sites are also financially dependent on ad revenue earned by organic and referral traffic directed by Google, Facebook, and Twitter. Now, it appears Facebook’s new algorithmic censorship practices are causing some of its employees to quit. According to the New York Times, three current and former anonymous employees claim the company has had a new tool developed specifically to restrict certain kinds of posts from appearing in users’ news feeds in certain geographic areas.

This form of censorship has been deployed under the auspices of facilitating Facebook’s entry into the Chinese market. Previously, the company did this in Pakistan, Russia, and Turkey, where the respective governments requested the ability for third parties to review and block posted content. Facebook granted the requests and removed approximately 55,000 total pieces of content.

edit on 28-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's a domino effect. A chain reaction type thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I hear workers will be needed on the Southern border.

These ex-FB emplyees might want to invest in a few pair of gloves.

Oh I kill me!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Oh I kill me!

A veritable legend in your own mind....

There is still a very important feature left - morality , honor
For some...
edit on 11/28/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: six67seven

Oh I kill me!

A veritable legend in your own mind....

What can I say, I wanna be wanna be wanna be like Gothmog

Tell you what, I would love to see FB lose millions each and every year. This company contributes wildly to peoples apathy. They own all the personal content folks willingly offer up.

Ive never been one to participate in social media (although it does present society with some advantages) because I dig my privacy.

And I almost bought FB stock, which wouldve been a good move but I dont regret it.

Eff 'em!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
It's a domino effect. A chain reaction type thing.

It is. We're going to see more of this in the near future.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I deleted my Facebook around 5 years ago. It was when Goldman Sachs bought controlling interest in Facebook...that was the straw so to speak.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes, the pendulum swings, both far left and far right. We are a bipolar world.

But, I'm glad to see some who value the first amendment above a paycheck. Doesn't pay the bills but it sure gives your self esteem a boost. Maybe some of them will go out and create another social media avenue, one that won't be special interest or government controlled. I doubt it but one can only hope.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There's no shortage of people without integrity or honour that don't have any problems with this if it makes them a buck.

Some of them become politicians, lawyers, bankers....
The rest will work for friend face.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Everytime twitter and facebook silenced people who spoke against the mainstream narrative, people became curious as to what was being censored.
This is the internet...you cant silence entire political views anymore..it doesn't work like that. These censorous jacktards only make martyrs and people will hear what is being said..and when it isn't westboro baptist church level jackassery, they will realize it isn't just these major social media companies trying to cut out bullying or hate speech..it is actually squashing a viewpoint for political persuasion..

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
FB and social media in general have basically just been a platform for extreme left-wing ideologies. I have witnessed families divided over this new PC culture, including some of my own family constantly being belittled for things like supporting trump, or not agreeing with the lefts version of "utopia", while FB censors anything seemingly "right wing" or outside their own leftist ideals.

However FB has no qualms with abuse of any form by persons on the left.

It's very sad. We are witnessing history in the making, and it's not in a good way.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Speaking of Trains, here's Chris Evans on one.

Damn Good Movie!

Lets not make this our Future.

edit on 29-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

What can I say, I wanna be wanna be wanna be like Gothmog

No , you really dont
But I did star for the rest of your post.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Companies like Twitter and Facebook are just that, companies. You have no guarantee of free speech when using their services and in some cases you actually sign it away in the user agreement. It's no surprise the owners of companies put their politics into the mix every now and then.

If free and equal speech is something people want they shouldn't expect corporations to facilitate it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hmm... and when all huge major social media companies start doing this in unison in support of a totalitarian agenda? You are fine with that too?

You are fine with companies that have a near on monopoly on social media in our societies completely shutting out opposing viewpoints and in effect censuring all dissidents? A whole complete element of modern society being biased and heavily slanted politically?

When companies become so entrenched in our social lives and the normal everyday lives of our societies isn't it time to have a discussion when these very same companies start taking political sides? Don't even mind the politics, you shouldn't be for censure of any kind by any such powerful entity, but because they support your side your ok with it I presume. I expect you would not extend the same courtesy to a powerful right wing company shutting out the voices of progressives. Pure hypocrisy..

In the end you are supporting a widening chasm between the left and the right, and you are supporting the criminals that cause all of our problems.. This will only make normal people suspicious of the establishment and the collusion between the media, the governments and corporations.. They're exposing their tyranny, it's bound to wake people up even more.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Yes, the pendulum swings, both far left and far right. We are a bipolar world.

But, I'm glad to see some who value the first amendment above a paycheck. Doesn't pay the bills but it sure gives your self esteem a boost. Maybe some of them will go out and create another social media avenue, one that won't be special interest or government controlled. I doubt it but one can only hope.

Yeahh.. www.uncensored.com

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

I never said I was fine with any of that. I was only suggesting that maybe you shouldn't look for and expect freedom of speech through corporations.

Doesn't seem like a smart thing to do, no matter how big the corporation.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

And if a 100% of newspapers, tv stations and media corporations were conservative owned and never aired a non conservative opinion, you would not have a problem with it?

Sure media sources should be able to be opinionated politically.. but what if a 100% of all the powerful companies were ideologically of the same mind? Ideological monopoly? And if the message they served the people were just full of lies covering up for a globalist elite?

At some point when a power reaches a certain level.. it's generally healthy to question that power.

Have you no knowledge of the elite networks of institutions of power that we so regularly discuss here on ATS? It is rather apparent that they are the ones pulling the strings with these companies. Look up all the corporate connections with Facebook, Google and intelligence agencies.

And, as I said. If you support freedom you shouldn't support censure, even if it is a corporation. People complain about a hell of a lot more trivial things with corporations than that. Meaning people do try to hold corporations responsible and accountable to a certain degree. Are you really then not just saying that you do in fact support their censure? Because after all, either you support it or you don't. Corporations can't even make corny jokes or commercials without people being freaked the f*ck out over some insinuated racism they think they've found. And you know what? The corporations they listen and they even offer apologies.

We're gonna tell them how they can act publically in that way but we're not gonna say "not cool" when they're censuring political opinions?

It's very apparent at this point that you are biased about this because this supports your beliefs personally as a progressive.. just remember though.. the benefits are short term, this will backfire and in fact end up doing more damage to the liberal cause, in the long term it's waking people up to collusion and corruption..

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It's happening here too.

Multiple pizzagate threads just got shut down
Only the ones calling it a hoax were allowed to stand
Users banned
Posts deleted.
And then up pops a thread, "there are too many threads on same topic" with pizza as the theme. Hmmm

Crazy. I'm sure this post will get pulled as well. We can't let them win this. As Julian Assange said "KEEP FIGHTING"

edit on 30-11-2016 by MediaSensor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join