It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit CEO Apologizes for Changing Pro-Trump Comments Thought it was a Joke-Get Even For Harassment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
From what Ive read it doesnt seem like there was any genuine intention to deceive.

It was blatantly obvious given the context and also the location of the thread that it had been manipulated, I believe the guy is sincere in saying it was a prank or practical joke.
That said he also abused his power and the trust placed in him, for Reddit to maintain any form of integrity he needs to go but even then I think the damage has been done, I reckon this might be the end of Reddit

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How has he not been fired/removed from his position yet? I'm honestly shocked, but I assume his days (possibly hours) are numbered... Its only a matter of time, and the only card Reddit has to play if they want any chance in hell of saving face/restoring credibility (which will be EXTREMELY difficult to do)... I assume the business ad money will be hitting their numbers very hard over the next couple quarters...
edit on 28-11-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Well yeah.

It is tremendously difficult for a company to regain trust of the public. Will you have ignorant/uninformed members of the public that stick with said company...yes...likely a large %. But if the company loses its most influential/active/notable/tenured members, then the company will take a significant and consistent dive.

Its one thing for a "too big to fail" bank to lose trust and survive, when they have significant federal backing. Its a completely different scenario when youre a member-contribution-driven company that has exploited its members.

Its all over but the crying for Reddit.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Wonder when he get canned how many million he will get?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I've seen a couple of introduction threads from Reddit users.

It's a real shame, Reddit used to be a great tool for free-thinking individuals, now it's totally compromised by "the Narrative."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join