It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s political mandate is historically small

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I disagree. You think the youth are weak. I completely disagree.

Most older generations believe the youth are weak, stupid, spoiled or in some way 'less than' their elders were at that age. It doesn't matter if it's today or 2000 years ago, it's the same mindset.

JinMI isn't going to change his mind, kids these days need safe-spaces and free college. He didn't need any of that so he's stronger than them in that regard. Just like his parents were stronger than him and so on and so forth.

It's not true but they don't care.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Well then, please, by all means display some evidence.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything Trump could do to earn my support. I don't think he has it in him. He's a scumbag and a fraud and he appeals to the worst in people. I can't respect a guy like that.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Welcome to my last eight years.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Welcome to my last eight years.

Amen brother!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You really have something for Trump don't you. You just love him so much.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ahh, the liberal tears...so enjoyable..
Don't y'all have a protest or a recount to attend?

Anyhow, I'll let Freddie mercury take it from here...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Plenty like being on the wrong side of history or just being obtuse for the sake of it.

Trump will however get you ahead where you're at now, except and unless you work fed.gov

Enjoy!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
He may
-build the wall
-deport illegal criminals
-national voter id, thanks stein
-term limits
-lower personal and corporate taxes
-reduce government size through attrition/hiring freeze
-school choice
-anything done on healthcare is better than what is happening
- build a positive relationship with russia and its boogeyman leader, end ISIS
- get our allies to pay their fair share in defense
-lower energy cost by deregulation. energy cost is a huge part of economic growth
-appoint constitutionalist/free market SCOTUS nominees

If he can do two of those things, He will have done as well as his successors if he does more then he will surpass them.

With a repub congress that should remain all 4 years(midterms favor repubs) he should have a way to do it.
I am betting he is going to ask the american people to call their congressman to get some things passed.
If voting ID goes through expect GOP domination for a long time.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Good to see The Donald focusing on issues, serious issues, that we Americans want solved... oh wait, he's whining again on Twitter.

Jesus, how the F!!!! do people think this man can make anything great? All he cares about is making Trump great again, DUIUUBHHHHHH!!! This latest conspiracy theory via Alex Jones is what this man is focused on?!?!!

We have a president that believes everything Alex Jones says and acts on it.

God help us all.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

You phrased that much more nicely than I would have.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well then, please, by all means display some evidence.

Evidence of what? Complaints of youth regardless of generation?

Start here

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

Donald Trump is pretty sore that he’s going to lose the popular vote by as much as two percentage points. So he’s lashing out, launching baseless accusations of large-scale voter fraud to explain why he lost the popular vote even as he managed to win the electoral college.

It’s unusually petty and strange for a president-elect to do this, yes. But there is actually good reason for Trump to be concerned about his share of the popular vote. After all, the current tabulation suggests that 53.5 percent of Americans cast ballots for someone not named Donald Trump, and politicians are generally stronger when they have demonstrated popular support. That translates to political capital and an easier time pursuing your agenda. It makes your opponents — and perhaps even skeptical congressional Republicans, in Trump’s case — less likely to stand in your way.

His favorable rating — which is more about his personal appeal than job performance — bumped up after his election but still stood at just 42 percent, according to Gallup. That’s lower than any president-elect on record and is notably less even than his 46.5 percent of the vote.

The popular vote doesn’t technically matter when it come to electing presidents, but popular appeal does matter when it comes to how presidents can govern. And the idea that a majority of Americans still don’t like our president-elect is eating at Trump — as it probably should.

Those are a few key points from the article. I encourage everyone to read it. There has been much discussion about Trump's performance issues lately with this election and what it means for his presidency.

I think this should serve as a reality check not only to Trump, but also to his supporters, that as much as you might like Trump, MOST of the country does not feel the same. The country actually went into mourning after Trump's election. Real mourning. People compared it to how they felt after 9/11. You might laugh at that-- but those are your fellow Americans, your friends, and your family.

As the article states, his political mandate is... extremely small. Very, very small mandate. But...

Trump COULD turn this whole thing around by actually doing good things-- Will he?--- I don't see him doing it if he sticks with his most controversial ideas and has alt-right White Nationalist icon Steve Bannon whispering in his ear while surrounded with bargain bin Republicans. Everything about that team spells failure to me.

Are we looking at the worst President of ALL time? Or... Will Trump somehow win over the people?

If you support him, do you acknowledge this very challenging deficit he has?

If you don't support him, what would it take for you to change your mind?

I guess you can consider this your participation trophy

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

JinMI isn't going to change his mind, kids these days need safe-spaces and free college. He didn't need any of that so he's stronger than them in that regard. Just like his parents were stronger than him and so on and so forth.

It's not true but they don't care.

Evidence that your paragraph is not true.

P.S. I'm a millennial.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Mandates as a concept are illusory. You can either get stuff done within the confines of government or you cant.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Ahh, the liberal tears...so enjoyable..
Don't y'all have a protest or a recount to attend?

This is the kind of hate that makes me shake my head. Liberals don't feel this way about conservatives. We'd like them on board with equality... with basic human decency, but we're not enjoying your tears.

And this kind of gleeful ###hole attitude was prevalent all through the Trump campaign and bigtime after his win.

I know Nazi is the new 'N' word of ATS... but just feels like rise of the Nazis.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: JinMI

Most of them are college kids who were at most 10 yrs old when Sept 11th happened.

It's ridiculous.

Those are the kids who experienced it the most. I got out of HS just before 9/11. I remember the change, walking down airport terminals and seeing armed guards. Families not being able to go to the gate to meet you. And in the schools, they were locked down. This started before 9/11 with the Columbine shooting, but went into overdrive with 9/11.

There's an entire generation coming up right now that has never in their adult lives experienced a growing economy (I'm part of that), who has never seen a pre 9/11 mentality (I remember that), and who is voting based on the irrational hype placed on that event.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

www.washingtonpost.com...

Donald Trump is pretty sore that he’s going to lose the popular vote by as much as two percentage points. So he’s lashing out, launching baseless accusations of large-scale voter fraud to explain why he lost the popular vote even as he managed to win the electoral college.

It’s unusually petty and strange for a president-elect to do this, yes. But there is actually good reason for Trump to be concerned about his share of the popular vote. After all, the current tabulation suggests that 53.5 percent of Americans cast ballots for someone not named Donald Trump, and politicians are generally stronger when they have demonstrated popular support. That translates to political capital and an easier time pursuing your agenda. It makes your opponents — and perhaps even skeptical congressional Republicans, in Trump’s case — less likely to stand in your way.

His favorable rating — which is more about his personal appeal than job performance — bumped up after his election but still stood at just 42 percent, according to Gallup. That’s lower than any president-elect on record and is notably less even than his 46.5 percent of the vote.

The popular vote doesn’t technically matter when it come to electing presidents, but popular appeal does matter when it comes to how presidents can govern. And the idea that a majority of Americans still don’t like our president-elect is eating at Trump — as it probably should.

Those are a few key points from the article. I encourage everyone to read it. There has been much discussion about Trump's performance issues lately with this election and what it means for his presidency.

I think this should serve as a reality check not only to Trump, but also to his supporters, that as much as you might like Trump, MOST of the country does not feel the same. The country actually went into mourning after Trump's election. Real mourning. People compared it to how they felt after 9/11. You might laugh at that-- but those are your fellow Americans, your friends, and your family.

As the article states, his political mandate is... extremely small. Very, very small mandate. But...

Trump COULD turn this whole thing around by actually doing good things-- Will he?--- I don't see him doing it if he sticks with his most controversial ideas and has alt-right White Nationalist icon Steve Bannon whispering in his ear while surrounded with bargain bin Republicans. Everything about that team spells failure to me.

Are we looking at the worst President of ALL time? Or... Will Trump somehow win over the people?

If you support him, do you acknowledge this very challenging deficit he has?

If you don't support him, what would it take for you to change your mind?

I guess you can consider this your participation trophy

Again, with the intolerant douche comments. That's what Trump brings with him... and much worse. And so far he has the lowest favorability of any President-elect in recorded history. With supporters like this, it's pretty easy to see why. He's king of the douche.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This is the kind of hate that makes me shake my head. Liberals don't feel this way about conservatives. We'd like them on board with equality... with basic human decency, but we're not enjoying your tears.

Feel free to watch this 5 minute video. However the part I would like you to see is at the 4:20 mark. Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Never say that anything related to, about, or on, Donald Trump is SMALL. You'll draw his wrath!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join