It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Texas elector who criticized Trump says he’s resigning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

A Republican member of the Electoral College who had expressed reservations about supporting President-elect Donald Trump has opted instead to resign his position and turn it over to an alternate elector.

Art Sisneros, a Texas Republican elector who told POLITICO in August that he was strongly weighing a vote against Trump, confirmed Monday that he would quit the position. Sisneros had said as recently as last week that he still hadn't decided how to cast his electoral vote.

LINK

Trump seems to be making unprecedented things happen all over the place. It's definitely a ripple effect at work.

Quitting rather than voting a certain way is something that I didn't envision members of the Electoral College doing. That's a lot better choice than being called a "traitor" or the like.

I think quitting as an elector is also a better choice than breaking a pledge to vote a certain way. If I were faced with possibly breaking my pledge to vote a certain way or quitting, I would have to quit too.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Wait, so people can actually protest something by making a decision that only impacts them, themselves, and doesn't create chaos or inconvenience in the lives of those in their community, doesn't destroy the properties and freedoms of others, and doesn't come off looking like an adult throwing a tantrum until they get their own way?

This is progress!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good riddance.

The anti-American should have never had the job in the first place.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well done that man.

He couldn't give up his principles, so he has given up his position, that's noble.

He will be replaced by Trump supporters and Trump will be elected, despite all the re-count talk and the nonsense of the College voting against Trump.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Crazy how that works huh?

It's a brave new world.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dont let the door hit you on the way out ashoe

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Quitting rather than voting a certain way is something that I didn't envision members of the Electoral College doing. That's a lot better choice than being called a "traitor" or the like.

Better than what we call this type of folks in the South - "chicken sh**" . If you believe in something , stand up for it...Dont run away. That is precisely what he did...
Peace
edit on 11/28/16 by Gothmog because: expand

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Anger and namecalling against this guy are misplaced. Like I said above, he's protesting things (which is absolutely his right) as a man would protest, honorably removing himself from the process to allow one willing to do the job to replace him. He's not acting like a spoiled child. Personally, I respect him even though I disagree with his politics. (imagine that)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Anger and namecalling against this guy are misplaced. Like I said above, he's protesting things (which is absolutely his right) as a man would protest, honorably removing himself from the process to allow one willing to do the job to replace him. He's not acting like a spoiled child. Personally, I respect him even though I disagree with his politics. (imagine that)

If he was "protesting" he would "stand his ground" . Not tuck his tail between his legs and run....Some folks have a weird , contorted view of protesting...
He was just saving his career....
edit on 11/28/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Texas elector who criticized Trump says he’s resigning

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
He held to his morals and resigned without causing a ruckus and yet he is still called names and criticised.

The people being total asses about it have issues.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
He held to his morals and resigned without causing a ruckus and yet he is still called names and criticised.

"Hail Trump"

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Wait, so people can actually protest something by making a decision that only impacts them, themselves, and doesn't create chaos or inconvenience in the lives of those in their community, doesn't destroy the properties and freedoms of others, and doesn't come off looking like an adult throwing a tantrum until they get their own way?

This is progress!

I agree he did the right thing, he should be a example to all so called "progressives" if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Pretty sure the next time we see him is gonna be in California.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Correction, he held to his immorals and his irresponsibility and is going AWOL.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Pretty sure the next time we see him is gonna be in California.

Unfortunately, Californians keep moving their sorry asses to my home (Texas) & bringing their sh!tty views with them. Granted I live in Austin, where we "keep it weird"...

Given the above, this guy resigning is already right at home!

SMH.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

That is because non of them are actually moving to canada like they claimed they would. Could that also be filed under that "Fake news" they constantly talk about lately ?

Probably not, they will probably just label it a "misunderstanding" > : )

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Good riddance.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
No..... he willingly took a job..... actually sought it out to get it..... knowing before he ever accepted that job he would be certifying one of 2 people.
He didnt mind taking his paychecks did he? ..... right up to the point he actually had to do what he had been getting paid to do. Then at the very moment he was supposed to do the very thing his job was actually created to do...he quit.
He is not honorable in the least...... he took the money and ran...... I see a bright future in the democrat party

top topics

join