It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Archaeologists Discovered Abydos A 7,000-Year-Old City/Beginning of Egyptian History?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cool find, with royal tombs, tools and utensils. This city that is called Abydos is located off Nile is though to be one of the earliest capitols of the Egyptian empire.

They uncovered houses, tools, utensils and at least 15 elaborate tombs belonging to royals.
Looks like on Thanksgiving a great find wa uneathed on the very close to the Nile. It is a very old site with tombs and could have been the part of the first capitol of earliest Egyptian empires.

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities announced it excavated parts of Abydos, a “lost city” they believe dates back to 5,316 BCE and could have been part of the first capital of one of the earliest Egyptian empires. So far at the dig site, the team has uncovered fragments and remnants of houses, tools, utensils and at least 15 elaborate tombs belonging to royals.

This discovery is so important because the appears to be the beginning of Egyptian history.

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities announced it excavated parts of Abydos.

This city was found just 400 meters (0.25 miles) from the Temple of Seti I in the sacred city of Abyd. Experts are already coming out to comment on the find, saying it’s so important because it appears to be the beginning of Egyptian history.
observer.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Does this mean that we can expect some rolling back of the construction dates for at least some of the pyramids?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Lemme know when they find the stargate.
Nice discovery.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't think so, they are set pretty hard on the dates. I think they would have to find some super obvious artifacts to change anything.

What is interesting is what else is out there in the sand?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Does this mean that we can expect some rolling back of the construction dates for at least some of the pyramids?

Wow. Nice Find. S&F

If my timeline in my mind is correct this city would still have been 7,000 after the Great Pyramid of Giza was built and the lost continents of Atlantis and Lemuria sank back to the Earth.

If you guys read the Abduction to the 9th Planet you would KNOW who built the pyramids and what they were used for. I've been on this site since 1998 and still have a better handle on on our true history as a race then 99.9% of our members. This archaeological site is an awesome find. I'm interested to see if they end up doing radio carbon dating on some things they might be able to perform it on to know how far into the past this site really goes.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

If they do radio carbon dating and it doesn't match the story, you will never hear about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ever since Hawass was given the boot the science there has advanced exponentially.

I think it's great!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well I know Abydos was discovered long ago. I guess they mean a new part of it maybe?

In 1848, an archaeological expedition working in Egypt discovered strange hieroglyphs on a ceiling beam at an ancient temple in Abydos, several hundred miles south of Cairo.

www.hallofthegods.org...

Ah ok I see

A lost Egyptian city, predating Egypt's early dynastic era, has been uncovered south of Abydos city, Egypt's Antiquity Ministry has announced. A cemetery was also found, constituted of fifteen huge mudbrick tombs.

The discovery was made during an archaeological mission led by the Ministry of Antiquities. Remains of the town were found 400 metres south of King Seti I Temple, which is situated in Abydos, one of the most ancient cities in Egypt. This newly discovered city is said to date back to 5,316 BCE.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
edit on 28-11-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Nice find, i'll be sure to do some "digging" to find out more (then post) or at least read/learn more about this when posted on here

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Wonder if they have been into all the tombs? They said that they were old style, I hope they find at least one wasn't opened.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy
I've been on this site since 1998 and still have a better handle on on our true history as a race then 99.9% of our members.

Be careful not to break an arm stroking your ego. I sincerely doubt that your cult leader knows more about human history than the archaeologists dedicating their lives to it. Otherwise, he would have told them where to dig, no?
edit on 28-11-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Oh how I love the mysteries of Ancient Egypt.
Especially some of the artwork upon some of the walls within its tombs, chambers and pyramids.
They obviously depict a race far superior to ourselves or indeed Mankind.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy

Wow. Nice Find. S&F

If my timeline in my mind is correct this city would still have been 7,000 after the Great Pyramid of Giza was built and the lost continents of Atlantis and Lemuria sank back to the Earth.

If you guys read the Abduction to the 9th Planet you would KNOW who built the pyramids and what they were used for. I've been on this site since 1998 and still have a better handle on on our true history as a race then 99.9% of our members. This archaeological site is an awesome find. I'm interested to see if they end up doing radio carbon dating on some things they might be able to perform it on to know how far into the past this site really goes.

A religious monument for primitive agricultural purposes? Or what did you mean?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Wonder if they have been into all the tombs? They said that they were old style, I hope they find at least one wasn't opened.

I was wondering the same thing as i was reading your OP,, hope they find something new or different that maybe older and built tomb's around the site? not sure but it's very interesting to find out.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

What would be neat is if they could find a tomb with really colorfully painted walls.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jackdaw1888

Oh how I love the mysteries of Ancient Egypt. Especially some of the artwork upon some of the walls within its tombs, chambers and pyramids. They obviously depict a race far superior to ourselves or indeed Mankind.

Don't get me wrong, I know jack squat about ancient Egypt but do find it very fascinating. But what bugs me is why all the wall paintings we see are all 1 dimensional? Always people standing in a side view looking left or right. Never any 2 dimensional caricatures. Perhaps I just haven't seen them.

And then as far as a race far superior to ourselves??? what happened to them?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

People standing side view or looking left or right or depicted as caricatures thousands of years ago is not very amazing I must agree.

But closer studies come modern day science have revealed some of the images may be carrying flame throwers or indeed gas cannisters upon their backs and to be flying machines camparible to helicopters?
edit on 28-11-2016 by Jackdaw1888 because: Typo error

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

If my timeline in my mind is correct this city would still have been 7,000 after the Great Pyramid of Giza was built

Nah. This new discovery predates the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Are you thinking of the Great Sphinx of Giza?

I've been on this site since 1998

ATS didn't exist in 1998.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

ATS didn't exist in 1998.

Maybe not in your timeline

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Nope.

These are from long before the pyramids.

Unlike Giza, Abydos was an important sacred site. Tombs and temples mention journeying to Abydos - in the afterlife, it was believed that people could travel to Abydos on sacred boats for a festival and that they would join the living there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join