It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calltech - Theoretical Discovery of Planet X

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We've had these Planet X thread's many, many times over the past year+, and no real answers just more questions on the subject.

Im still interested but..Until it's 100℅ confirmed (computer says no).

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

omg

:facepalm:

He has his "black star" violate every one of Kepler's Laws and how orbital mechanics work.

Look, simply put: When something is in orbit about another body, the closer in it is, the faster it will move, the further out it is, the slower it will move. If you try to have the body that is further out move too fast, it will achieve escape velocity and leave. It won't stay in orbit, and the further out you get from the body you orbit the lower and lower escape velocity gets.

If you have two bodies orbiting around a common point (like some binary stars do, and like Pluto and Charon do) except that you can not orbit about that same point as fast as he would have it to stay behind another body that is located close in to our solar system, else it would again, achieve escape velocity and our sun would go one way, while the other body goes another way, never to see each other again.

The OP's video, the planet X that they are referring to is not a star, brown dwarf, etc. It's a possible planetary body. If it exists, it's orbit would not carry it any closer than many AUs past Neptune. If it did, the orbits of all the other planets would be much more eccentric than they are.

The last time any planet did anything that caused a lot of damage in the inner solar system was when Jupiter and Saturn achieved their resonate orbits that they have today. When they did, Uranus and Neptune actually changed orbits, which in turn brought in a lot of objects from the Kuiper belt (the heavy bombardment period).

Are they finding evidence for something out there? Yes, it appears so.

Are they finding evidence for a large stellar body like another star, red dwarf or brown dwarf? No, they are not.

What they are finding is evidence of a possible planetary body who's closets approach to any other part of our solar system in 10 to 20 AU's out from Neptune ( 1 AU is the average distance between Earth and the sun).

Your YouTuber is a prime example of why we have the Scientific Method, and why you do not try to make the evidence fit your theory.

He needs a crash course in orbital mechanics and gravity.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If a planet orbiting a star, in a normal orbit, can cause a noticeable wobble in that star, there is no way a large body coming through the solar system wouldn't cause all kinds of orbital effects to both the sun and other planets. .
edit on 11/28/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

a reply to: eriktheawful

Ok thanks, I get it, over kill for us plebs who don't know or have degrees in astrophysic's, congrats on your accomplishments.

Regardless, of all the things I am interested in, "BlackStar" is at the bottom of my list, however I feel within my, "Heart" that there might be something to it and therefore within the realm I shall continuously visit.

Don't worry MODs, I won't push my "trash" onto other people and I appreciate your opinions and intellectual view points, I'll show myself out the door.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I don't have a degree in astrophysics or astronomy.

I'm an avid amateur astronomer who has a couple of telescopes, I take astrophotography photos with my camera and have spend many, many years of my life reading books on astronomy, and making my own observations.

You do not have to take my word for it. If this is a subject that you are interested in, then learn about it, but that means learning ALL about it: the physics of gravity, how orbital mechanics work, planetary science (how our solar system formed), etc.

Not here to quell your curiosity. Just tempering your enthusiasm for someone's YouTube channel. I'm sure any scientist would tell you the same thing: If a subject interests you, then learn. But make sure you learn everything about it, not just what some people want to say about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2016 by GodEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: TerryDon79

To be fair, it is said to have a highly eliptical orbit that seems to be uniquely positioned between Jupiter and the Sun, as well as our position in regards, the result is a cosmic "blindspot".

The exact same evidence that is being used to imply that Planet 9 might exist also tells us that Planet 9's orbit does not bring it into the inner solar system.

What I mean is that the reason they think Planet 9 exists is because of the way many Kuiper belt objects have orbits that have all have their apogees on the same side of the sun, and all have their perigees on the same side of the sun. This suggests that something out there in the Kuiper belt (Planet 9?) is affecting those orbits in that manner...

...but that same orbital evidence is NOT seen in orbits of the other 8 known planets in the solar system, so their must not be a large body tugging on their orbits in that manner.

edit on 2016/11/28 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

To be fair, it is said to have a highly eliptical orbit that seems to be uniquely positioned between Jupiter and the Sun, as well as our position in regards, the result is a cosmic "blindspot".

It simply doesn't work like that in the Solar System. All planets (including Earth) orbit the Sun, and thus we get to see all parts of the sky at various times of the year. There are no blind spots in the sky, unless it be directly behind where the Sun is at this time of the year.
edit on 29-11-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

It simply doesn't work like that in the Solar System. All planets (including Earth) orbit the Sun, and thus we get to see all parts of the sky at various times of the year. There are no blind spots in the sky, unless it be directly behind where the Sun is at this time of the year.

Very True.

The Earth travels around the Sun once per year, so it sees all sides of the Sun. Futhermore, the velocity at which a planet moves around the Sun depends on how far from the Sun it is. So a hypothetical planet somewhere out by Jupiter would move more slowly around the Sun than the Earth --- so during the year, Earth would catch up to this slower hypothetical planet, and be on the same side of the Sun as it.

Granted, if the were another planet on the exact opposite side of the Sun as Earth, and in the exact same orbital distance from the Sun as Earth, then I suppose it would orbit at the exact same speed as Earth and never able to be seen.

However, if such a planet did exist, it's presence would be seen in the orbits of Mars and Venus. Just like the Earth, this planet would pass Mars once every 2.1 years, and (just like Earth) it would be passed by Venus once every 1.6 years. If this hypothetical planet existed, the orbital calculations of Venus and Mars would not be what we know them to be.

So, 'Arnie 123' -- No, there can't be a planet hiding between the Sun and Jupiter that we can never see from Earth. It would (a) be able to be seen as Earth's faster orbital velocity catches up to its side of the Sun and/or (b) would be able to be detected by analyzing the orbits of the other planets.

edit on 2016-11-29 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thats cool, but if you read my post, I'm merely reiterating information from a YT vid, not my personal view point, as I stated to the mod, it was something of interest.

I appreciate the fact that you went out of your way to further repeat what everybody else has.

It was just an interesting hypothesis about an unknown "body" swinging into the solar system from an estrange orbit, nothing else nothing more.

Now if you excuse me, I'll be at the 100s of Alien and UFO threads that seem to merit closer examination then the poor nibiru plebs. Thought BlackStar was interesting bone for them, seems like they prefer their own planetX poop.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Thats cool, but if you read my post, I'm merely reiterating information from a YT vid, not my personal view point, as I stated to the mod, it was something of interest.

You also said in another post:

We should most likely see something at or around Spring of 2017. I'm pretty excited, this will be the first global event of our modern age, should be really interesting...

Maybe I misunderstood that post, but it led me to believe that you feel that there is another large body somewhere in our inner solar system that will be visible -- or have a visible effect -- on the inner solar system in 2017.

I appreciate the fact that you went out of your way to further repeat what everybody else has.

I didn't see anyone else talking about the fact that the Earth will move faster around the Sun than a planet near Jupiter, and thus we would eventually be able to see a planet near Jupiter, even if the Sun was in the way for a part of Earth's orbit. I was adding that as a point of clarification.

The same thing for the idea (which has been thrown around by Nibiru believers before) that there is a planet that could reside on the exact opposite side of the Sun from Earth and always remain on that exact opposite side of the Sun, and hence never be seen. I didn't see anyone else on this thread mention why this could not be -- so I did.

I think there is a good chance that "Planet 9" does exist (or "Planet X", as many hypothetical planetoids have historically been called, such as Pluto was before it was confirmed by direct observation). There seems to be quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that supports its existence. However, it if it does exist, it is not Nibiru; it does not have the orbital characteristics that the mythical Nibiru is supposed to have -- i.e., Planet 9's hypothetical orbit does not bring it into the inner solar system the way Nibiru allegedly is supposed to do.

Planet 9's closest approach (as mentioned in the OP's video) as calculated by Caltech and others is likely 200 to 300 AUs from the Sun, which means it never gets closer to us than about 50 times farther than Pluto, or about 70 times father than Neptune.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Actually I did cover it in my first post (a far body having to move so fast that it always stays behind another closer body won't work due to the lower escape velocity the further out, etc), among other things.

Speculating what would happen if another body came into the inner solar system is fine. Let's face it: there are plenty of rogue planets out there that such a thing happening is well within being a distinct possibility, however it would also be detected way, way out too.

Such events are not something that happen all the time though, so while a possibility, it still would not be a event that happens over and over.

It's theorized that the Late Heavy Bombardment was caused possibly by a passing stellar object (not to be confused with the first heavy bombardment caused by Jupiter and Saturn reaching resonate).

But the main reason we jump in on threads like this is if they are in the Space Exploration forum. Nibiru and Planet X by the same name threads normally are kept in the Skunk Works forum.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Actually I did cover it in my first post (a far body having to move so fast that it always stays behind another closer body won't work due to the lower escape velocity the further out, etc), among other things.

Thanks; I missed that.

But the other idea I mentioned of a "counter-Earth" (or "Gor" as some have called it) on the exact opposite side of the Sun as Earth, and orbiting at the exact same velocity as Earth, is something that also cannot exist and fit into what we know about the mechanics of the solar system.

Speculating what would happen if another body came into the inner solar system is fine. Let's face it: there are plenty of rogue planets out there that such a thing happening is well within being a distinct possibility, however it would also be detected way, way out too.

I agree with that.

However, it seems that this recent talk about this particular hypothetical Planet 9 leads some people (not you) to think that this Planet 9 will soon swoop in through the inner solar system. In reality, if Plant 9 exists, it almost certainly has been out there a long time -- long enough to have an effect on the orbits of Sedna, 2012 VP113, 2007 TG422, and a few other trans-Neptunian objects -- maybe since the beginnings of the Solar system 4.5 billion years ago.

If that were the case -- and it has been hanging out there in that 200 to 600 AU orbit for 4.5 Billion years, just doing its thing -- then just because someone discovers Planet 9's existence won't make Planet 9 suddenly change its orbit and swoop in towards us. It doesn't care that someone on Earth has discovered it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Ok, so I have been following this Youtuber for a bit and I believe he has the best info so far.

That's unfortunate. Terral is a cult leader who attempted to get a bunch of people to move with him to the Ozarks in 2011 in response to comet Elenin, which he also claimed was a brown dwarf. Obviously it wasn't and obviously his doom never materialized. I don't know why he holds any credibility with you, but he really has none and doesn't really know how to do proper astronomy.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think its pretty saafe to say that there is a large body at the outer reaches of the solar system. Recent models of said planets orbit and pertubations of the other planets, match very nicely with observations.

For any body inteersted in this stuff, Napier and Clubes " Cosmic Serpent", is a must read. It lays out how the oort cloud is being replenished for interstellar sources, and how other onterstellar bodies affect those objects kicking them into the solar system.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm sure Caltech are being used as part of the announcement..

Quite simply i have been observing my anomaly since spring 2014 and i have photo documentation since april 2015 posted here in thread below.

If you're to take what Caltech are saying at face value them they are lying! planet x will pass next year very likely, There's a lot of data that points to that. i have covered all areas of this topic drawing in evidence from across the board. The writing is clearly on the wall, this ism't even my opinion, but the facts speaking.

In this thread you'll find definitive proof of px and the research is still ongoing,seeing some amazing stuff!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again I say prepare!

Now watch the troll charge..

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Oh it's next year now?

Saying there's going to be a troll charge when you literally troll any thread that mentions a planet or a disturbance with your made up planet is very ironic lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

Quite simply i have been observing my anomaly since spring 2014 and i have photo documentation since april 2015 posted here in thread below.

The problem with your "anomaly" is that none of the serious amateur astronomers can see it. Why is it that they find new asteroids and comets on a regular basis, but can't see a whole new planet up there about to pass nearby?

Sounds like you've got your own particular brand of astronomy, aking to casting sheep bones or watching cloud patterns in order to predict the future.

edit on 2-12-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

The problem with your "anomaly" is that none of the serious amateur astronomers can see it. Why is it that they find new asteroids and comets on a regular basis, but can't see a whole new planet up there about to pass nearby?

Sounds like you've got your own particular brand of astronomy, aking to casting sheep bones or watching cloud patterns in order to predict the future.

not just that, nobody else with eyeballs that looks up can't see it either.....
edit on 2-12-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join