It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.T.O. Initiation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
"drugs are bad, and here is why" versus "do what thou wilt". Maybe she wouldn't have gotten addicted if her friends/family would have warned her of the dangers. At least a small chance

A very small chance, in my opinion. You have to be a complete idiot to think using heroin is a 'normal' and risk-free pastime, and while all kids and children (and people) should be made aware of the dangers of using such severe drugs, which child growing up would think the way in which you administer heroin is a 'normal' thing to do to yourself?

So no, saying 'Do what thou wilt' would not cause a normal, properly adjusted individual to overdose on drugs. Or commit rape or murder or any of the other acts normal people can sense is wrong or dangerous.

If you're at a point in your life where you ask a group of people, "Do you think it's ok for me to commit crime X", or "Should I take illegal substance Y", and their answer is a resounding, "Do whatever you want", and you do -- the problem isn't with the group of people. It's with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jufak

If you are looking for brotherhood and a good sense of community and to keep you young and healthy take up break dancing , plenty of good bboy crews around the world that will teach you and elevate you and offer your brotherhood without doing any damage to your health.

I moved to glasgow and joined the flyin jalapenos bboy crew and my friends circle expanded exponentially , I dont have a blood brother , but the friends I made in my crew they were my brothers blood or not!

I got fit and healthy and I can dance , and ladies love it ! and you meet plenty of women when you dance

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Not my call...I will put no energy into anything negative. Nothing farther than my original comment...

Just a warning...positive vibes sent

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Life is what you make it or put into or take out of it. Jeffrey Dahmer ATE people...because he enjoyed it. Should we all?

Positivity only...just me. And my opinion is based on my experience. Thats it...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Dodging the question eh?

Like I've said, I've been an OTO member. While I am not now, I'd still say they are not a sinister or negative group, beyond small group politics.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Do you think i could teach some usefull stuff from them or just some drama?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jufak

You may learn (I think you mean this) something from them. It depends what you are after. Ceremonial Magic groups such as OTO are not for everyone, they ended up boring me in the end. That may have been the group I was affiliated with as opposed to OTO on the whole.

So go in with an open mind, and avoid drama if that is not your thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Jeffrey Dahmer ATE people...because he enjoyed it. Should we all?

What are you trying to say? Heroin addiction is the same as cannibalism?

Or that our actions are dictated by a secluded society like OTO?

What exactly are you trying to infer

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Being only positive is an unbalanced and thus unhealthy way of life. There is scientific evidence that so called negative emotions are better for you. Now I don't totally agree with taht, but balance is better than one direction or the other.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jufak
Hello everyone!

So today i met a guy who is a member of o.t.o. In Slovenia.. i was always kinda into crowley and occult stuff but i really dont know much about oto and thelema. So i was wondering if someone could tell me some more about it (what it teaches, purpouse, their way of functioning and other stuff)..

He invited my to their mass for initiation but i want to know first if it's really something i wanna be part of.. i always wanted to be a mason but this is kinda different (at least he told me so)..

Hello my Brother/Sister!

(My personal opinion, not authoritative).
I think no one should undergo any initiation until they have done thorough research. One should not go after knowledge in haste or unease.

Personally, I've immersed myself in years of independent research until I developed my self. Once I developed my self, I spent the next 4 years researching various fraternal, philosophical, esoteric, occult, and mystical groups. I sought groups that held a similar focus, morals, and ethics to that of my own. After combing over the individual and societal fruition of the groups, along with the writings and lives of founders and prominent members, only then did I make my decision to join the groups that I found most appealing.

As you have an interest in Thelema and the O.T.O., I would highly recommend you read everything in the public domain that you can get ahold of:

U.S. Grand Lodge Ordo Templi Orientis

Thelema Texts

And to further build upon your personal knowledge base and to serve your interests and curiosities, this is a great site to find legitimate writings of many belief and ideological systems:

Internet Sacred Texts Archive

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If you join an Order, you are automatically placing that Order between God and your SELF. Read the material on your own, Self-initiate. Your WILL is what initiates you, not some dude in a robe chanting mantras from a book.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticMadman

What if you don't believe in God, but you do believe in the principles and attitudes of the Order in question and want to join because of the fraternal camaraderie?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Willing to bet AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) and A.*.A.*. is an oTo organization of sorts. Much of them get into the sorcery and manifesting intent ask the master mind stuff, the desire chip is Silver (Silver Star), the steps are degrees of initiation etc.

No mystery- Never understood why they called them mystery religions

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticMadman

This of course assumes all members of the OTO believe in a single deity
I'm willing to bet many do not.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Absolutely. Agreed.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

ATS member Noinden expressed this quite well and much simpler than I could....

Balance in life is needed. One can choose right, left, right, wrong, reality, fantasy, good, bad, up, down, over, under, prayers, spells, meditation...or alienation.

Pursuing knowledge is always a good thing....but I advise and choose to follow the positive and nothing with any negative associations. So to quote from the darker side Magician Aleister...again..."Do what thou whilt".

Personally? I dont care....and I walk in the light...not trip in the dark. Because I already have....and have learned the difference.

Water seeks its own level. Everyone should find theirs...I just choose positivity. Thats it...

Thanks for the reply.........Best, MS

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I only bet on things I know as well
When I lived in Milwaukee, the Chicago temple was mostly pagans. Our Gods don't have ego issues
Back here in New Zealand, I'm not sure, but I'm willing to bet the same.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
Willing to bet AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) and A.*.A.*. is an oTo organization of sorts. Much of them get into the sorcery and manifesting intent ask the master mind stuff, the desire chip is Silver (Silver Star), the steps are degrees of initiation etc.

No mystery- Never understood why they called them mystery religions
lol Crowley's A.:A.:. Is in no way related to the mundane AA

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Well I am pretty sure the two groups share some members ..... oh wait thats not what they meant is it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join