It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Ohio State Columbus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: everyone

Does anyone even still carry that last name or did they all get it legally changed because of the stigma attached?

Plenty of people still have the last name Hitler.

It's a valid question to ask. Look at the swastika. It used to be a valid symbol of good luck, but after the Nazis got done with it, it's pretty much been so stigmatized that there is no competition anymore and no defense for it even with that argument.

I didn't know if the Hitler surname was in a similar circumstance or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Does anyone even still carry that last name or did they all get it legally changed because of the stigma attached?

Those funny little Hitler mustaches sure went out of style lickity-split!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Bubba Ray or Ahmed Ibn Al Wallid?

Oh cmon. You know it was an Abdul or Abu, don't kid yourself.

What do all those Pakistani towns end with? "Bad"

Abottabad

Islamabad.

-abad is a suffix that forms part of many city names in Iran, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, amongst others. It is derived from the Persian word ābād (آباد), meaning "cultivated place" (village, city), and commonly attached to the name of the city's founder or patron.

The root of this word is from the Persian word āb (آب) meaning 'Water'.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is a valid question, but I do not think it is logical to extend the "stigma" of acts committed by one person with a certain name to others with the same name.

As far as the swastika, it can still be found in many places including certain catholic churches.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Those funny little Hitler mustaches sure went out of style lickity-split!

What does that have to do with someone's name?

If anything, you are highlighting the shallowness of many people.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Ah the snitch is back.

Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 but his name is synonymous with brutal Islamic rule. it does not mean they will have the same mindset but I sure as hell would not put someone with that name as my leader in the US. My choice. It is not ignorant or racist it is my choice. You have your view I have mine.

So, still want to stand by it is not an ISIS inspired attack? A MUSLIM Somali who complained about not have a MUSLIM prayer room who after being admitted to this country to make a better life he decided to try to take the lives of those who were there to accept him. Opened up to him. Accepted him.

Does it mean I hate Muslims? No, but I do not have to trust them.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I doubt those swastikas you refer to were put there post WWII though.

As much as leftists hate any hint of anything Biblical to appear in their state houses, would they deface the carved frieze of the lawgivers on the SCOTUS building because one of them happens to be Moses with the 10 Commandments?

It would be the same idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ah the snitch is back.

Snitch? What are you talking about?

Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 but his name is synonymous with brutal Islamic rule. it does not mean they will have the same mindset but I sure as hell would not put someone with that name as my leader in the US. My choice. It is not ignorant or racist it is my choice. You have your view I have mine.

Racist? I don't think so. Ignorant? Possibly. Shallow and illogical? Absolutely.

So, still want to stand by it is not an ISIS inspired attack? A MUSLIM Somali who complained about not have a MUSLIM prayer room who after being admitted to this country to make a better life he decided to try to take the lives of those who were there to accept him. Opened up to him. Accepted him.

I did not say it was not ISIS-inspired. You said it was and I asked for a link to that info and you failed to do so. You've jump to conclusions without any evidence. So I do stand by my statement and willingness to wait for proof before projecting my bias'.

Does it mean I hate Muslims? No, but I do not have to trust them.

Paranoia is your right.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Suspect of Somali descent identified:

Plus a pic of the hero officer who took him down.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit to apologize if this has already been posted!
edit on 28-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Here are 4 Donalds from a quick search

Donald Henry Gaskins
Killings. Victims, 9 (convicted), 100+ (own claim). Span of killings. 1953–September 1982

Donald Neilson
Killings. Victims, 4. Span of killings. 1974–1975. Country, England.

According to the Ottawa Sun, around 9:00 A.M. this past Tuesday, a 62-year-old man in Ottawa, named Donald Popadick, was arrested for flashing people in a park.

Led by a hardened criminal named Donald DeFreeze, the SLA wanted nothing less than to incite a guerrilla war against the U.S. government

LOL. The guy flashing people in a park was named "Popadick"?

Anyway, as related to the thread, names themselves don't mean anything, but they will let you generalize.

(I'm talking surnames here)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I doubt those swastikas you refer to were put there post WWII though.

I do not know.

As much as leftists hate any hint of anything Biblical to appear in their state houses, would they deface the carved frieze of the lawgivers on the SCOTUS building because one of them happens to be Moses with the 10 Commandments?

Many Leftists are religious. This is an example of using the "stigma" certain people/persons create and extending it to a group of people in general.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Enough is enough! Stop the violence! We concede! Give them the Gummi bears and Nutella!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

haha. I missed that. Nice observation.

kbat.com...

edit:

Names often came from trades or activities:

Baker, Miller, Farmer, Popadick.
edit on 11/28/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/28/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So far at least three people are in this Muslim terrorist cell.

1. The person who pulled the fire alarm to get students oustside in a group.

2. The owner of the assault vehicle named Ali Muhammad.

3. The piece of crap himself.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I was hoping someone would ask that

Most did indeed have the name "Hitler" legally changed because society around them showed resistance (harassment) against anyone carrying the name throughout europe and beyond. You can find examples of this from families and/or individuals in documentaries, literature and forums where people shared the history of their family in regards to the name and how, why and when it was changed.

Hitler was a common surname in austria . In germany it was less common and i do not think the surname was even used by anyone within that country beyond the 50's. Originaly Adolph Hitler's surname was "Schicklegruber" which coincidentally is a jewish name but he took on the surname of his grandmother and thus he became "Adolp Hitler".

I know of 1 brother (or half brother im not sure atm) who changed his surname because of it all and went through live as "william Patrick" and another brother who's name i dont remember who did not only changed his surname but also chose to not have children in order not to continue the bloodline because of his brothers (adolph) actions.

So yes i would say that matafuchs point was spot on. History and the reaction of the people are fully in line with this.
Just ask a progressive liberal for instance if they would ever trust a "Bush" , I am sure that right now in this thread given the context they will come forward claiming that they *sneeze rainbows and would accept another "Bush" in the white house without prejudice and with open arms but in reality we would more likely see what we had seen happen with people that carried the name "Hitler".

Also of course if we directly address the topic of the OP. When american's see a bunch of mass murders being carried out in the name of allah by men and woman named Abdul , Mohamed or Aisha complimented by the fact that that culture has also expressed threats and the will to carry them out then i would say it is reasonable and sensible to hold some degree of prejudice and caution towards that. It would even be ridiculously unwise not to especially given the fact that most of these attacks come from people from those regions and culture, let us not pretend that that does not matter since it is in fact their culture that does not agree with ours.

(i apologize if i went a bit too deep and long into the history of it but i felt it was very relevant to do so in this case)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So far at least three people are in this Muslim terrorist cell.

1. The person who pulled the fire alarm to get students oustside in a group.

2. The owner of the assault vehicle named Ali Muhammad.

3. The piece of crap himself.

I want to thank these three guys for JUSTIFYING using the Fort Hood shootings in voting for Trump.

And for shedding light about whose side Art Sisneros is on, the Texas elector who is threatening to resign rather than vote Trump, who is from the same state the Fort Hood shootings occurred.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: roadgravel
18 year old Somali was the attacker

So this piece of # was welcomed into MY country, given FREE access to college-level education, and STILL decided to kill us?

I'm getting REALLY sick of these muslims.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2016 by GodEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Any comments on the OSU attack from Obama yet?
I must've missed them.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No, he has been to busy letting them in.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The attacker here came in 2014.

Time to cut of funding for sanctuary cites and use it for our own citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join