It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump is considering retired General David Petraeus to be Secretary of State.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Excellent choice....

Highly qualified... leaked classified information to his biographer.

Petraeus should never be allowed to possess a clearance.... but I guess since Hillary still has hers.... what the hell.

Manning for Secretary of Defense....Snowden for NSA Director and that's a sweet deal!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Now now Rick, Trump has said it, and according to many on the right anyone the left criticises is worth the job.

So ergo it's a tremendous choice.

That's the logic you're going to have to deal with.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It is a stupid choice.

Trump won't select him...his baggage is too high.

Although that would be the ultimate slap in the face to Clinton... that would be the only reason to select him and that would be a piss poor decision.

Can you imagine the outrage and giant crocodile tears if he selects someone who lost their job over leaking classified information for the position that cost his opponent the presidency for leaking classified information while Secretary of State??

Must go buy more popcorn.
edit on R232016-11-28T09:23:14-06:00k2311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R232016-11-28T09:23:39-06:00k2311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Smart man. Biggest fault is marrying a woman who let herself go. Petraeus is a fitness beast. Should have just divorced her but I guess it's hard. I'm sure he loves her but the physical aspect, not going to happen so he went elsewhere.

Hillary had him over at her home before she ran, not sure for what position she would have offered him but he was in the mix for something until his scandal broke.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He betrayed us once before, he'll Petraeus again.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

Smart man. Biggest fault is marrying a woman who let herself go. Petraeus is a fitness beast. Should have just divorced her but I guess it's hard. I'm sure he loves her but the physical aspect, not going to happen so he went elsewhere.

Hillary had him over at her home before she ran, not sure for what position she would have offered him but he was in the mix for something until his scandal broke.

Smart man.

Nope.

Stupid man. He leaked classified information.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Smart man.

Nope.

Yeah, he screwed up big time but tactics, knowing how to align forces / capabilities with other players he is very intelligent. Probably the best right now. He brings a lot of expertise and knowledge to the table. I don't like what he did intelligence wise but if you get into a conflict I would absolutely want him onboard.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

"Yeah, he screwed up big time but tactics, knowing how to align forces / capabilities with other players he is very intelligent."

No he is not intelligent.... the worst thing you could possibly do is leak classified information to sources that have no need to know.

Loose lips sink ships is not just a cute saying.... it is a very very true statement.

The fact that he chose to leak information that could help the enemy to defeat us over a piece of ass show his true character.

And that character is that he has no morals and should never be allowed within 1000 feet of classified information...same as Clinton.

People tend to forget that intelligence services all around the world have been using women/men and sex to get classified information out of men in power for decades and decades.. because that is their one weakness that can be easily exploited for intelligence.
edit on R582016-11-28T09:58:04-06:00k5811Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R582016-11-28T09:58:36-06:00k5811Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R592016-11-28T09:59:13-06:00k5911Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R012016-11-28T10:01:06-06:00k0111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If he chose Petraeus it would be a slap in the face to the Republicans and Right Wing in general considering how they handled the Hillary email issue.

Petraeus went above and beyond anything Hillary did in his handling of classified info.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
If he chose Petraeus it would be a slap in the face to the Republicans and Right Wing in general considering how they handled the Hillary email issue.

Petraeus went above and beyond anything Hillary did in his handling of classified info.

That is your opinion.

Her sending and receiving classified information from Sidney Blumenthal or anyone else who did not have a clearance, like her daughter for instance, was no worse than what Petraeus did.
edit on R092016-11-28T10:09:01-06:00k0911Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R102016-11-28T10:10:08-06:00k1011Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Smart man.

Nope.

Yeah, he screwed up big time but tactics, knowing how to align forces / capabilities with other players he is very intelligent. Probably the best right now. He brings a lot of expertise and knowledge to the table. I don't like what he did intelligence wise but if you get into a conflict I would absolutely want him onboard.

No. When you give someone the highest position in intelligence and he allows classified material to leak, that's called being absolutely horrible at your job. He doesn't deserve sht. Who looks at someones resume and hires them based on failed previous work experience? There's plenty of other choices, but your TMZ brain only knows the celebrities.
edit on 28-11-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Smart man. Biggest fault is marrying a woman who let herself go.

I don't care who he pokes, but he traded national secrets for a piece of ass.

Smart guy? sure...but doesn't have the wiring for any job with a security clearance.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

He betrayed us once before, he'll Petraeus again.

It is down to Patraeus and Romney for SOS.

They both have baggage.

Trump's team hates Romney...but Trump wants to corral/head-off potential 2020 competitors. The reason he is working on Ben Carson and Romney...and the reason both of them are not leaping at the job yet..they both have another run in them in 2020.

I actually think between Trump's team hating Romney and Romney thinking he has a shot in 2020...that Patraeus will be the pick.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

That is your opinion.

Her sending and receiving classified information from Sidney Blumenthal or anyone else who did not have a clearance, like her daughter for instance, was no worse than what Petraeus did.

Of course Patraeus' actions were much worse. He willfully and knowingly possessed government classified material and gave it to someone else.

Hillary did not. The Blumenthal emails were not government-owned classified material.

Again, a Patraeus pick would be the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That is your opinion.

Of course Patraeus' actions were much worse. He willfully and knowingly possessed government classified material and gave it to someone else.

Hillary did not. The Blumenthal emails were not government-owned classified material.

Again, a Patraeus pick would be the height of hypocrisy.

Sure...whatever man.

To you, some classified information is worse than other classified information so you are okay with what Hillary did because what she did was just a wee little mistake.

Its is admirable that you continue to defend Clinton, but yours is not the only opinion.

The voters had an opinion.... thankfully theirs is the only opinion that counts.

People who leak classified information (like Clinton and Petreaus), for whatever reason you decide to come up with, are totally worthless, untrustworthy people and should never be allowed to possess an active clearance.

edit on R352016-11-28T10:35:53-06:00k3511Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R362016-11-28T10:36:21-06:00k3611Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R372016-11-28T10:37:20-06:00k3711Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

To you, some classified information is worse than other classified information so you are okay with what Hillary did because what she did was just a wee little mistake that could have cost peoples their lives

It would be a waste of both of our's time to rehash this email nonsense over and over again. The point is that if Patraeus were picked for SoS even though he plead guilty to charges of mishandling classified info, it would highlight the utmost hypocrisy by Trump, and by extension the Right Wing in general.

edit on 28-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
He should at least ASK Condoleezza Rice. She's SMART, FEMALE, and AFRICAN AMERICAN. Trump can REALLY put his actions where his mouth has been. She's cute too!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

To you, some classified information is worse than other classified information so you are okay with what Hillary did because what she did was just a wee little mistake that could have cost peoples their lives

It would be a waste of both of our's time to rehash thing email nonsense over and over again. The point is that if Patraeus were picked for SoS even though he plead guilty to charges of mishandling classified info, it would highlight the utmost hypocrisy by Trump, and by extension the Right Wing in general.

No need to rehash anything...

ANYONE WHO LEAKS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO NEED TO KNOW, FOR WHATEVER DAMN REASON YOU COME UP WITH ARE:

1. Untrustworthy
2. Should have their clearances revoked immediately and permanently.
3. Should never ever be allowed in a position of trust again.

People who leak classified information are violating a legally binding contract that they willingly signed with the US Government, whether they know they are leaking classified information or not. People who break contracts and oaths they swore to uphold are totally worthless and should be tossed out with the trash.

That's the minimum. Smokescreens and deflection will never change that no matter what.

Doesn't matter who it is or why or what they leaked.... they are both equally bad.
edit on R482016-11-28T10:48:29-06:00k4811Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R492016-11-28T10:49:42-06:00k4911Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
He should at least ASK Condoleezza Rice. She's SMART, FEMALE, and AFRICAN AMERICAN. Trump can REALLY put his actions where his mouth has been. She's cute too!

en.wikipedia.org...

I used to think that a Powell/Rice ticket would be a great run.

Now, I wouldn't vote for Powell for dogcatcher.

Rice still has potential, but I believe she is done with politics.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It would be a waste of both of our's time to rehash thing email nonsense over and over again. The point is that if Patraeus were picked for SoS even though he plead guilty to charges of mishandling classified info, it would highlight the utmost hypocrisy by Trump, and by extension the Right Wing in general.

No need to rehash anything...

ANYONE WHO LEAKS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO NEED TO KNOW, FOR WHATEVER DAMN REASON YOU COME UP WITH ARE:

1. Untrustworthy
2. Should have their clearances revoked immediately and permanently.
3. Should never ever be allowed in a position of trust again.

Then I hope you will continue to let your opinion be known ...with the same fervor and consistency you did with the Clinton Email issue?

Or does the outrage taste different with Trump in the WH?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join