It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having nightmares thank David Attenborough .The snakes! They’re in my dreams!”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I cant really say much without spoiling it so a little info about the players .
Racer snakes , theres freeking lots of them .
Cameraman , bravest ever .
Baby iguana , luckiest ever and a fast little bugger .

A little more about the scene below , apparently they edited out the the horrific bits . Really , the horrific bits . Anyhow enjoy i know who i was barracking for ,
www.gq-magazine.co.uk...

edit on 28-11-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Wow. Where was that?

I want to make sure I never walk along that beach.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I've been watching this series too. The swarm of locusts was interesting considering it's in the bible and with recent events, I thought it was apt.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Apologies i left out the link to more info about the shoot . It was filmed on Fernandina island in the Galapagos islands .

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Canceling my airline tickets now.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think the BBC makes the best documentaries in the world. Each episode of Planet Earth II has amazing stories. i keep on rewatching them and everytime I see something new that I have missed before.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I watched it last night and the part that *could* cause me a nightmare was the bat getting the scorpion. Bleaurgh. They showed it from behind all hunkered down eating the scorp and it reminded me of those Harry Potter dementors lol. Was it in IR or something? It had the cloaked phantom look and so reminiscent of b&w movie vampires and Jack the Rippers.

Great show as ever. Never tire of seeing lizards doing the two-step. Whatever that shiny hairball was looked great too.

Imagine coming back as a bug in that environment? I was even wondering what it'd be like being one of the bats and having to go through all that stinging to eat something that probably tastes vile. Lot of Greek symbolism in there.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Not nearly as bad as spiders!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lol i remember that episode of planet earth 2.

Poor things had to run for their lives and get chased by loads of snakes.

Think the same episode had penguins on a volcanic island and they had to wait till high tide to jump off to find food, then come back the same way but get hurt on rocks etc... Missed the last episode i'll need to catch up lol.

Nice post OP

edit on 28-11-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not nearly as bad as spiders!

I suppose spiders are scary to some and i guess most of us a phobia of some sort . For me its blue ringed octopus and saltwater crocodiles . The crocs are thousands o kilometers away but the occys are out there , lurking , waiting to bite the unwary . Now i have to rethink snakes .

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Reptillian dreams, bleh.

I think you're watching too many scifi script movies

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyButterfly

Reptilian dreams was taken from the link , but you knew that right .

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Heres an article defending the snakes in that video.

Basically he says that those snakes are going to starve now because they didnt get the baby iguana.

Im sure the snakes would have found a less ambitious meal to enjoy having failed to catch an iquana too big to swallow.

www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I am loving this series, they are really excelling themselves, I've found myself yelling at the TV in ways I never have with a nature documentary. The snakes were mad freaky...filmed and edited to create wonderful drama and suspense, BUT for me, so far, the Ibex were astounding! The mad little things. Insane. I was watching them and just totally got, all of a sudden, why the pre-civilisation peoples worshipped them. They're awesome!

Long live Attenborough!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Yes anything Attenborough is good but the cameramen are the real stars in my opinion , still its not a documentary without his voice narrating . As for the long live thing i saw an interview with him for his 90th birthday and the interviewer said hopefullw we can do this again in 5 years and his reply was , hopefully , are you sick .

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The whole kit and kaboodle, camera crews, the in-the-field ecologists and conservations who are protecting these fragile eco-systems and helping us to understand them, as well as documenting those most at risk. The work of the BBC Natural History Unit underpins and provides essential public dissemination for a whole network of academics and scientists whose work would otherwise be marginalised or unknown.

Hence long live Attenborough, there are few people with his power, influence and first-hand experience who are willing and able to talk about wide-spread, continuing environmental degredation, keeping the subject at the forefront of BBC programming, ensuring that we know enough to be able to care. The government certainly doesn't want to talk about it, and now with Brexit, there is going to be less support and definately less money for environmental and biodiversity projects and studies in the UK, as well as a more lax attitude towards abusers and polluters of the environment.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

A series like this needs a lot of people: ten producers, 40 camera operators (six of them permanent, the others brought in for perhaps just one shoot), a production manager (who looks after the money) and a team of people to sort out the logistics.

I cant say i can argue with you . The link below opened my eyes a bit as to how much goes into it . It says 11 in the title but there is only 7 .

www.radiotimes.com...

new topics

top topics

active topics

join