It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Rosie O'Donnell suggests Barron Trump is Autistic

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Fact is also. Not only did he not show any emotion, his face never moved. Not even a grimace.

So, how many credit hours of Google University searching "emotionless" and "not even a grimace" will you require before you make the obligatory "Barron Trump is a Replicant" thread alongside some Google links to Phillip K Dick adherents?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Unhinged.

And I used to use that term for the GOP during the Bush years.

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Weird to see people hope for someone to be autistic.

Internet, you never let me down.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Fact is also. Not only did he not show any emotion, his face never moved. Not even a grimace.

So, how many credit hours of Google University searching "emotionless" and "not even a grimace" will you require before you make the obligatory "Barron Trump is a Replicant" thread alongside some Google links to Phillip K Dick adherents?

I'm raising a high functioning Autistic 9 year old boy.

You don't think mom's know as much, if not more, about their kid then the doctors or "experts"?

You don't think they haven't discussed every little "twitch" in their forums/blogs, etc?

What to do about it, how much do you tell your kid, how do you handle outsiders, how do you work with your school, etc.

Mom power.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What to do about it, how much do you tell your kid, how do you handle outsiders, how do you work with your school, etc.

Mom power.

All of which were your PRIVATE decisions to make.

So imagine if your neighbor decided to post flyers in your neighborhood about your kid to generously bring awareness about autism.

As you've already said, you don't agree with what Rosie O'Donnell did, but for others in the thread, does that analogy work for you???

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

How about this for a Suggestion via the Title -

Rosie O'Donnell is exactly what Trump said she was. In fact, Rosie makes Rosanne Barr appear as a Saint. That's pretty damn bad.

Picking on a little kid? She obviously can't tell the difference between bullying an adult from a child? That child is gonna have enough problems if other kids he knows hear about this, but this woman doesn't THINK before opening her gob to attack a child.

Rosie O'Donnell is an A+ LOSER.

People need to BOYCOTT this woman via Media.
edit on 28-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'm raising a high functioning Autistic 9 year old boy.

You don't think mom's know as much, if not more, about their kid then the doctors or "experts"?

You don't think they haven't discussed every little "twitch" in their forums/blogs, etc?

Mom power.

Then you also know that every kid is different. Your analysis of Barron Trump doesn't mean jack squat, frankly, because of exactly the reason you've posted here: you're not his parent. Some kids are naturally quieter and less expressive than others. Also, what works for you may well not work for anyone else. To suggest that the Trump family owes the American people information on the health of one of their children is a staggeringly arrogant ideal. It's also amusing to me to know that it is coming from one of the board members who criticized valid concerns about Hillary Clinton's health during the election...

The term "sour grapes" comes to mind, Annee. How's that pucker these days?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Mom power.

All of which were your PRIVATE decisions to make.

So imagine if your neighbor decided to post flyers in your neighborhood about your kid to generously bring awareness about autism.

As you've already said, you don't agree with what Rosie O'Donnell did, but for others in the thread, does that analogy work for you???

I already said Rosie was wrong to name Barron.

She was not wrong to speculate about him.

And I still stand - - that IF Barron is Autistic - - Trump should have addressed it before bringing him publicly on stage.

Because of who Trump is. Because of what this World Public TV event was - - it is on a different level. It is not private. Methods and treatments would be private.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, back to IF.

The squirming and fidgeting? It's a pass. But, absolutely no emotions, no reaction, not a twitch, or crinkled up nose.

It's human nature to speculate. But, it should have ended there.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I've had people walk right up to us in public and ask me if he's Autistic or on the Autism Spectrum.

Which I find odd - - because he's on the other end of the Spectrum - - - he's hyper and almost too aware.

It does not bother me - - I am very open about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

She was not wrong to speculate about him.

And I still stand - - that IF Barron is Autistic - - Trump should have addressed it before bringing him publicly on stage.

Because of who Trump is. Because of what this World Public TV event was - - it is on a different level. It is not private. Methods and treatments would be private.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, back to IF.

The squirming and fidgeting? It's a pass. But, absolutely no emotions, no reaction, not a twitch, or crinkled up nose.

It's human nature to speculate. But, it should have ended there.

Speculating publicly is awful. It's mean. Way out of bounds. There's nothing good about it.

If people speculated that Malia and/or Sasha were autistic because they don't always smile or show any emotion, I would say the same thing.

Democrats calling Trig Palin a 'potato baby' and a 'prop' is the perfect example of why bitter-partisans need to 'mind their own fvcking business' and 'leave the kids out of it.'

Please. Rosie didn't mean well and neither does any Democrat speculating about it.

I actually thought that Barron was just extremely well-disciplined. My 10 year old would probably be rolling his eyes and anxious to do something else if he was in Barron's position. But...nope...Democrats 'see the signs.'

*eyeroll*

No, they see what they want to see and nothing else. Sh*tting on a kid and claiming to come from *a good place* is nothing to a bitter partisan.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Pure unadulterated ignorance.

You people scare the hell out of me. Thank goodness you have no real power.

edit on 28-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I've had people walk right up to us in public and ask me if he's Autistic or on the Autism Spectrum.

Which I find odd - - because he's on the other end of the Spectrum - - - he's hyper and almost too aware.

That kind of crap bothers me and many, many other parents. Even if you aren't bothered by it. It's so fvcking rude to judge a kid by one or two *bad* moments.

In this case, Barron was actually very poised. Still the kid takes sh*t for it.

Abhorrent.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

That kind of crap bothers me and many, many other parents. Even if you aren't bothered by it. It's so fvcking rude to judge a kid by one or two *bad* moments.

I don't see it that way.

For someone to recognize my kids type of Autism - - - and not think he's acting up - - - they most likely have had experience with it.

Like meeting a Kindred Spirit. We usually end up sharing resources.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

Autism is a big deal.

It's newsworthy.

Unless you have no interest in sharing your kids issues with anyone else. What if someone called one of your kids autistic in a public forum? You would relish the idea of others whispering behind your back? Unless you are dumber than I think (and I sure hope that's not the case) I'm thinking you would rather your kids private matters stay private.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But..She IS wrong to speculate about him publicly. She brought the subject into the mainstream. Before I saw the story of her tweet on yahoo I didn't know anything about this.

I know now that there is the 7 minute video on youtube and more people are aware of it. It's not fair to Barron. He's just a child and other kids can be cruel. He may go to school now and get harassed by classmates because of this. It's just wrong on so many levels.

As far as his facial expressions go and twitching...the boy is 10 years old. Children do that kind of thing when their in situations they don't want to be in. He isn't going to pretend to be happy when he's not.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I don't see it that way.

For someone to recognize my kids type of Autism - - - and not think he's acting up - - - they most likely have had experience with it.

Great. But if you're wrong? It's incredibly rude.

Like asking a woman if she's pregnant when she's not....just because you *think* you see the signs.

Fabulous..you get to bond if the woman is actually pregnant..if she's not you're just an *sshole.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Autism is a big deal.

It's newsworthy.

Unless you have no interest in sharing your kids issues with anyone else. .

You do realize what stage and event he was on, Right?

Barron got shared with the World.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Autism is a big deal.

It's newsworthy.

That's an excuse to pick apart a kid and embarrass him. He didn't ask to be there and be judged. He did a good job and it's probably because he's learned what's expected of him. He couldn't fake enthusiasm but he was able to do what was expected of him.

That's all I saw.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't see it that way.

Great. But if you're wrong? It's incredibly rude.

Like asking a woman if she's pregnant when she's not....just because you *think* you see the signs.

Fabulous..you get to bond if the woman is actually pregnant..if she's not you're just an *sshole.

Knowledge is wrong?

I've actually been asked "when I was due" - - she had such a big smile - - I told her 6 months. Why get angry?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Autism is a big deal.

It's newsworthy.

That's an excuse to pick apart a kid and embarrass him. He didn't ask to be there and be judged. He did a good job and it's probably because he's learned what's expected of him. He couldn't fake enthusiasm but he was able to do what was expected of him.

That's all I saw.

It is what it is.

This was a huge even shown around the world.

People are going to speculate. It is human nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join