It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entered internet text fields changing mid-post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Anyone run into this? I've had it happen a few times, and it's something that I find rather annoying. I know I don't have that many typos. Yet I often have to go back to hit edit two or three times to fix my post. It seems to happen at more than one site, so I can't really pin it on that. (Maybe more like something at the level Snowden talked about?) Almost seems like a MITM attack happening at the ISP level. Seems far fetched, but now I saw at least two other mentions at Reddit (also made a half-jesting post there so you may see me as well if you search), so I suppose I'm not alone. Still it seems ridiculous that whoever is messing with the data is only trying to make me look more goofy and error prone than I consider myself to be. (I know I'm not perfect.) I figure the more I hit closer to the mark with insight on something that seems off, the more grammatical and typo errors I see after I hit the post button.

At some sites where a feed is live updated, I'll also see my content change in the text entry box above where I'm typing. So something does seem to be up. It really seems to be some attempt at corrupting the public record, or at least discrediting certain people in respect to how they're seen at a public venue. Dunno why they bother though at such a low level, it's like the "Kick me!" post-it on somebody's back in terms of character assassination. Seems juvenile, yet it still gets done.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Auto-correct or auto-suggest.

Technology, we live in amazing times!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I edit almost everything I post...mostly because I frequently use an ipad...and can't type...or see very well...and because I seem to insist on typing manually all of the BBCode.

I'd be relieved to learn none of it is my fault and the responsibility of sinister forces.

ETA:

Editing, because I feel obligated to do so.

|
|
|
V

edit on 28-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Some browsers come with auto correct, you need to make sure the country you are in is the correct one as just think of the British/American language differences or the French/Canadian etc.

And as for those sort of live feed events i'd imagine they will be the host countries language choice and also i'd imagine most will have an active filter to censor naughty words and some sites can be really strange with what they consider naughty words.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Good thing it is far fetched, at least for now but who knows. Yeah, it's the annoying auto correct. Most always happens to me on just a general browser.

Typing on a tablet(non ATS so dunno if that's your issue here) I've noticed this even more. It depends on what device(and it's OS) you are using as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You're on to something OP.

I call it being edited; its absolutely a real tactic used to discredit those whom have a propensity for using a clear, conscise thought process. It's also suppose to take a shot at your intellectual confidence.

Back when I was an avid poster on any number of sites I recall myself being edited, especially if said post was receiving large amounts of traffic. What's more I eventually noticed some of the comments being posted I did not remember posting and or were out of character for me. Since then I keep a low profile.

They want you all to forego your intellectual thought process and follow the heard. Those who have the propensity to lead and discern will be targeted. Why do you think they put Kanye on 5150 psyc hold? He said something they didn't like "You are being blinded" basically.

I'd start limiting your digital footprint if I were you OP.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

Yep! They are after you alright. Obviously, you wrote "herd" andthey changed it to "follow the heard."

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Nope I think that was all me. But I think its cute how you'd point out that typo and use it against me so quickly. You get gold stars for that one mate.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Actually, I've had quite a few times that I typed pretty long texts, then when I rechecked them some paragraphs changed position. Instantly. It's like some superpower or even the internet itself is controlling what you do.

Another time, I send a text to my mother and certain parts of the texts were missing suddenly.
The exact phrase was: "I will try to live without hurting myself or anyone that loves me"
When I re-read it it said: I will try to live without anyone that loves me.

Now that I'm talking anyway.. I have had loads of mysterious experiences.
Once there was this guy with a tattoo of a demon on his arm, with beast-like teeth, just like some Metallica pics and later i was at home watching TV and suddenly the image of the exact same demon flashed a couple of times on the screen. I then knew something was wrong.

I've also seen complete changes in some TV programs. Usually they say something that you already said before to someone else or that you posted on the internet. I once posted: Lab-rats, that's a needle through the eye straight in their brains (it was for a joke, context)

Later I was watching TV and this guy was riding a motercycle and he said I'd rather have a needle in my eye than riding over this bumpy road. Complete with subtitles and all.
I've also seen that movies are changed in the way that they act out subtle things that you do yourself.
Or that they mimic a certain way of how you sit on a chair.

Another thing that happened once was that I was looking for my cell phone, I tried calling it z couple of times when I was in my room, got voicemail, so I went to this cafe to check if my phone was there, nothing. I went back to my room and there it was lying on my nightstand, turned on, without any missing calls.

Other things I have experienced is slowed down time and movement, everything around me was just a little bit slower and I myself felt a sort of gravity force on my body trying to slow me down too, but I could go faster if I wanted.
Cars looked like they were gliding over ice.
I drove by one of them poles where they measure your speed, it said 90. I drove a scooter that went 60 max.

Man, I've seen so much weird stuff.. I am certain there is more to this reality than we are ever able to conceive.
Sadly enough, the universal explanation for all these experiences is psychosis. But I know better than that.

I wanted to start my own thread on this, alas you need 20 posts before you can make a thread.

Greets.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Google.. Its an Internet company that civilization is powered by.. and source of all your problems. Usher of the mark.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'd say autocorrect... But instead of correcting, it's doing the opposite. Basically introducing mistakes and typos on stuff that was previously correct. So that's why it's odd. I basically have to go back and edit... I'm not making posts from a phone, and the only indication of spell-check is the red wavy lines which I manually have to correct if I feel it's necessary.

And if content is being altered somewhere online, I feel that even the action of trying to correct it doesn't seem to be a guarantee that it wont be altered later. Not something to be happy about, as it could be possible to put any bogus thing into one's posts.

I don't consider my information that important (not always in the fray of things, but observations from the sidelines), but I'd still like to be able to make certain points as I intend them. So that's what I find annoying. On the other hand if the information was considered more important, I'd consider producing the content offline in a more archival based format (pdf? odf?) before uploading it, and producing checksums which are distributed/hosted independently to provide an extra level of tamper resistance.

top topics

join