It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lost for words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Truth. That five letter word we all know and use, but can we define it? I contend we cannot accurately define "truth." Truth does exist, it just cannot be defined accurately. If you disagree, please, let's have a discussion about it. If you think truth can be accurately defined, define it.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

If truth can't be defined, is that not a truth in and of itself?

Makes me think the assertion is therefore incorrect.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
Truth. That five letter word we all know and use, but can we define it? I contend we cannot accurately define "truth." Truth does exist, it just cannot be defined accurately. If you disagree, please, let's have a discussion about it. If you think truth can be accurately defined, define it.

Tend to agree.
No "Truth", with a capital T.

Just an occasional, small, relative truth, that is fleeting, and so easy to slip away.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is a good 2 part interview with Willis Barnstone. Might help with a part of this predicament you stated.
first 5 minutes in to
part 1 www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Seriously, to me Truth is IN you. Like a.... Sixth Sense. Something telling you that feeling of dread or peace. Not to cross the road because you feel dread coming, in the form of a Mac Truck. Or Peace that everythings cool, nothing to worry about.

Truth is in that, It is for me anyways.
edit on 28-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

If what you say is True, then it's a Lie.

So you can see the problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Truth is a personal thing. What we believe translates into what truth is for us. The quality of content that we obtain winds up constructing the state of our belief, and when we translate it to others, it is truth, as we believe it to be.

It certainly does not mean correct, which is a totally different word all together.

edit on 28-11-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1 I think there is a big difference between thinking truth can be accurately defined and doing so. Just because I can't, or you can't or Buckeroo Banzai can't, well maybe he can, doesn't mean that it can't be. I guess it depends a lot on how one defines accurately. Like down to .0000000001 or what? I would say that one accurate thought about truth is, if it is, it may or may not be singular. If singular then maybe it would be more difficult then if we think it might be plural. If we think of it as plural, then maybe it might be easier to get an accurate definition of it if one combines the inaccurate definitions of it's plurality and evaluates them in juxtaposition to each other.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Truth for me, might not be the same Truth's, that you possess. Like they same different strokes for different folks.

Truths and Laws are similar, but then again in this Universe, the say Laws of Physics, dictate the way things occur in this Universe.
If you were to go outside of this Universe, Creation, the Laws and Truth's, could be completely different than what we, see, embrace.

At the God Head, Brahma, Kether, it is said there is no up, down ,right, left, good, Bad, male female, in, out,big, small.

I would concede though, in this place there are some Undeniable Truth's. So we are bound, by this, like it or not, till the end of this space time. So it seems.

Enjoy the ride.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

That 'accurately defined' of which you speak, implies 'down to the smallest detail', which is a product of the 'duality'; this, not that, that not this, tall not short, etc..., and on ad-infinitum...
'Definitions' are all duality, ego, 'exclusive'.
Truth is ALL INCLUSIVE!
Truth/Reality transcends the mere duality of 'thought/ego'.
That is why there can be no such 'definition' of unconditional Love, because ego/duality is all conditional!
That is why Consciousness cannot be defined, it, too is unconditional, One!

For the 'unconditional', the 'definition' (conditions) becomes some word or phrase that indicates 'all inclusive'.
God/Universe is One, means ALL inclusive!
Truth is all inclusive; One!
Thus, whatever you can ever possibly perceive, from goldfish to dreams, are features of Truth!
Thus to put definitional limitations on Truth is insanity.
'This is true' does not preclude 'that' being, simultaneously, true.

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - First Law of Soul Dynamics

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
From my point of view:

Truth=Objective measurement of all information on all levels of creation and time including all states that happened/will happen that will include all subjective view on the measurement. Total knowledge of ONE spanning everything.

Even of you cannot become fully objective you can still strive towards removing subjectivity by seeing different angles on the duality scales and check how they measure up by measuring. 6 sense/synchronicity can be used to increase objectivity and transfer the subjective to a less subjective state.

All subjective views can be wrong and not measure up to objective measurement on all levels of creation.
edit on 29-11-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join