It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While British members have been here criticizing "wildman" Trump, did you know...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do you really believe 222 trillion of debt, if indeed you figures are correct, didn't way heavily on the mind of bush and obama...if they could have fixed it they would have...Under Trump the figure will rise as will unemployment as will terrorism.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Ohanka

He's playing the appeal to hypocrisy, tu quoque, guilt by association game.

The entire opening post is one big fat logical fallacy in an attempt to get you Brits to stop criticizing "HRH Trump".

To summarize:

"Your governement is just as bad (if not worse) than our government ! So you have no right to criticize our new president elect !"

I'm sorry that you feel I am threatening your rights.

If the reader takes anything away from this thread and still chucks the majority of it I would only hope that it is this. Our ears are open, please offer solutions.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: mikegrouchy

But in the past 40 years all we've done is invade, bully and generally be s complete dick to the rest of the world.

Hardly sounds like introspection to me. Maybe we need to introspect more, and focus on fixing our own problems, instead of stomping around the whole world?

One would think that.

I have been a Conspiracy thinker since the 80's, back in the dark days when it was dangerous to even admit that, and there is one thing I can tell you that I have learned.

The more the public is focused on fixing the own government, instead of wielding their government, the worse it gets. Everything. From Education to Space. Instead of just stating what we want, and letting media train us to nit-pick and criticize the worse the system gets and the more fraud happens in the areas we are not looking at.

Introspection is over. It has won us nothing. It has made things much much worse.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A couple of points:

Firstly, Latvia / Estonia as a flash point for a NATO/Russia conflict potentially escalating to nuclear exchange is probably the least risky prediction any military intelligence officer could make for that given scenario. It is widely held as the most likely way for a nuclear war to begin. This frightening flow chart shows what could happen:

www.vox.com...

Secondly, France hasn't elected anyone yet. What has happened is the French equivalent of the US primaries. One of the parties has chosen it's candidate for the election.

Thirdly, what is your insinuation regarding the appointment of a UK officer to command a joint UK/US deployment? Is that not a perfect example of how closely aligned our militaries are? We are allies. In this case the lead vessel is our current pathetic flagship and it is therefore logical that command is conducted from said vessel.

I really don't understand the picture you are trying to paint.
edit on 27/11/16 by cheesyleps because: Spelling and first line overly passive aggressive on second reading

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So what you are saying we should see Trump as some sort of Saviour....maybe even like Jesus, only with a dodgier barnet.??

Sorry to burst your bubble but we Brits spent years trying to weed out the arseholes in politics, trying to pick a winner.. Thatcher, Blair, Cameron and now May....we are as clueless as you lot in picking the right guy....Trust me, Trumps just another arsehole who will make zero difference to you or i...He'll do what they all do..Make money fast and # the working class over.

I feel you.

I invite the reader to start with the definition of Intelligence. Intelligence is the ability to tell the difference. Can we, the American people tell the difference between these two?

This is Trump

This is Jesus

See the difference? I can.

edit on 27-11-2016 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Can you perhaps be a Little more Vague expressing the gist of what is obviously a Thread about Nothing ?

Yes I can.

Instead of asking for solutions, and eschewing criticism or introspection, I could ask for more criticism, and more introspection. I could invite people to go back to their TV shows. I could ask people to keep looking inside their own countries, instead of raising they eyes to the rest of the Earth.

I could say "any direction is fine"

But I don't think that would be intelligent.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's both of there disciples i worry about.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Like a few here I am not sure what OP is saying but .....

Late in the day Tuesday November 15, Congress convened in special session. With normal rules suspended, they passed House Resolution 5732 the “Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act”. The resolution calls for intensifying already harsh sanctions on Syria, assessing implementation of No Fly Zone in Syria and escalating efforts to press criminal charges against Syrian officials. HR5732 claims to promote a negotiated settlement in Syria but, as analyzed by Friends Committee for National Legislation, imposes preconditions which would actually make that more difficult. There was 40 minutes of “debate” with six representatives (Royce, Engel, Ros-Lehtinen, Kildee, Smith, and Curbelo) speaking in favor of the resolution. There were few other Congressional representatives present in Congress. The House Foreign Affairs Committee stated that the resolution was passed “unanimously” without mentioning the special conditions. The “Non Controversial” Resolution that could lead to World War III
www.globalresearch.ca... Now there is lots to this story but I came across someone saying that the bill or what ever it is that is going down was sponsored by The Musilm Brotherhood .The White Hats , and the Israel lobby . Talk about a un-holy alliance and something that if true is making me feel a bit quisey .

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
I Wonder if the US congress managed to sneak in a resolution called: H.R.5732 - Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act of 2016
(A no Fly Sone in Syria). while americans have their mind on the election results?

www.congress.gov...

THIS !

I heard about this too.

So glad I am not the only one.

Someone is trying to rush the end game before Trump gets sworn in.

Is there a British Commodore in charge of our Arabian Sea fleet, to prevent command and control being interrupted by the US congress? I don't know. But the two events are very closely linked by when they happened.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

British Royal Navy Commodore Andrew Burns (right) is now in charge of up to eight US warships after taking over from Rear Admiral James Malloy

Huh? A british person in charge of our ships? Don't we have any of our own admirals to do that or did Obama fire all of them?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Do you really believe 222 trillion of debt, if indeed you figures are correct, didn't way heavily on the mind of bush and obama...if they could have fixed it they would have...Under Trump the figure will rise as will unemployment as will terrorism.

Yes. Yes I really believe we have 222 Trillion in debt and unfunded liabilities.

And I believe the solution is 222 Trillion worth of ideas.

With the tech we have now,
the number of college graduates in both our countries,
we should be seeing a record number of inventions and new ideas happening.

The problem is that people don't trust the system not to steal it from them if they try.

What the media never reported, never told the world, was that a vote for Trump was a vote of confidence in the system. The system can, and will work. If we want it too. If we grow out of this period of introspection, and blame gamery.

There are easily 222 Trillion worth of problems to solve on planet Earth, not even counting space. We just have to want to do it.

Here is my thread addressing this very subject.

ATS: Right Trumps wrong

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That is ridiculous. Try reading the article as it makes perfect sense if you remove your overblown hyperbole from the equation. The Commodore is taking operational control of a single task force that includes HMS Ocean (a helicopter carrier and landing vessel) that will serve as the command platform for the task force of 8 US navy vessels (which are unspecified but will likely range from mine clearance vessels through to frigates/destroyers). The previous command vessel (USS Eisenhower) is being redeployed. This is NOT your entire Arabian fleet at all. They will still also remain US vessels that would not ignore orders from their own command hierarchy.

To say you are stretching here is a gross understatement.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cheesyleps

A couple of points:

Firstly, Latvia / Estonia as a flash point for a NATO/Russia conflict potentially escalating to nuclear exchange is probably the least risky prediction any military intelligence officer could make for that given scenario. It is widely held as the most likely way for a nuclear war to begin. This frightening flow chart shows what could happen:

www.vox.com...

Secondly, France hasn't elected anyone yet. What has happened is the French equivalent of the US primaries. One of the parties has chosen it's candidate for the election.

Thirdly, what is your insinuation regarding the appointment of a UK officer to command a joint UK/US deployment? Is that not a perfect example of how closely aligned our militaries are? We are allies. In this case the lead vessel is our current pathetic flagship and it is therefore logical that command is conducted from said vessel.

I really don't understand the picture you are trying to paint.

Thank you for those clarifications and amplifications.

Yes Latvia/Estonia is known to many in the Military and civilians in Europe..
Yes he was only nominated for his party.
And Yes, it shows what strong allies we are.

I apologize for summarizing in sound bites,
and I thank you for substantiating the information.

This is for you.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It's both of there disciples i worry about.

Their, not there.

Thank you for letting me be that guy.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I quit smoking a few years back but thanks.

As I have posted here in other threads since the election: don't believe everything the media tells you. There is a strong contingent in the UK media that loves to bash America. It doesn't represent us all. In the same way the media gave Trump no chance they gave the Brexit vote the same short shrift. There is clear evidence developing that people in the west are increasingly more conservative than their media and also more conservative than they are willing to admit openly.

Some of us are looking across the pond and hoping to see this man continue to shake up the broken system.
edit on 27/11/16 by cheesyleps because: Auto correct typos

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Cor blimey I ain't against Trump he's more stable than whatser face is.

🇬🇧

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archonic
Cor blimey I ain't against Trump he's more stable than whatser face is.

🇬🇧

Heh. You said stable. I see what you did there.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

So what you are saying we should see Trump as some sort of Saviour....maybe even like Jesus, only with a dodgier barnet.??

Sorry to burst your bubble but we Brits spent years trying to weed out the arseholes in politics, trying to pick a winner.. Thatcher, Blair, Cameron and now May....we are as clueless as you lot in picking the right guy....Trust me, Trumps just another arsehole who will make zero difference to you or i...He'll do what they all do..Make money fast and # the working class over.

I feel you.

I invite the reader to start with the definition of Intelligence. Intelligence is the ability to tell the difference. Can we, the American people tell the difference between these two?

This is Trump

This is Jesus

See the difference? I can.

Nah can't spot the difference mate

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

lol I did yeah didn't I

a star flag for your thread mate
edit on 27-11-2016 by Archonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
off topic
that photo with Andrew Burns looks photoshopped

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join