It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Special Education Students arrested over Crayon drawings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings
Pictures Show Classmate Being Stabbed, Hung

POSTED: 1:40 am EST January 26, 2005
UPDATED: 3:07 pm EST January 26, 2005

OCALA, Fla. -- Two boys, ages 9 and 10, were charged with felonies and taken away from school in handcuffs, accused of making violent drawings of stick figures.

The boys were arrested Monday on charges of making a written threat to kill or harm another person, a second-degree felony.

The special education students used pencil and red crayon to draw primitive stick figure scenes on scrap paper that showed a 10-year-old classmate being stabbed and hung, police said.
www.local6.com...

Come on now, is this all necessary? They are special education students, they may not have even known what they were drawing!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Special education children does not mean they are : forgive my word(retarded). It just means that they need additional help which could be speech, memory retainment, etc. They did right by removing these kids from school. They could be dangerous and need evaluation.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its not the picture thats bad IMO but the fact that they put the name of another kid over the stick figure getting stabbed "Charles" and then their own name over the stick figures doing the stabbing.

This should not be proper behavoir but its going way over board with a felony. Detention seems more fitting for such a thing perhaps a mental evaluation. Post Columbine threats on students live should be taken seriously. Perhaps if people noticed things like this early there wouldnt have been a Columbine.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think charging them with a felony is way over the top !!

Perhaps it would have been better to remove them from the classroom and talk to them. Asking why they drew the picture, what it meant to them, why give the figure a name and find out these things in a better enviroment than in a police cell.

I am not saying drawings picyures like that is right or wrong but surely finding out why they drew it is more important than arresting them.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This should be a warning to all who post.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Okay just maybe they need to see a therapist to see if they do have problem, but come on,taking them away in hand-cuffs, a bit much don't you think.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm sure that a felony charge and possibly conviction, on top of being taken out of school in handcuffs at the age of nine, will do wonders for these boys.
What better way is there for an adult to inspire confidence, and instill in a child the desire to make a better life for him/herself, than by tagging them with a criminal record afterall?
I know this is how I would have chosen to deal with a couple of obviously confused and disturbed children!
Why should their teacher, counsellor, or principle, be expected to sacrifice a few minutes of time to talk to the boys and maybe help them to understand that violence is not the way to resolve their problems?

And everyone wonders why so many of today's children are becoming "delenquints"...

(in case it wasn't obvious, the above remarks were sarcastic, and not to be taken literally)

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Some people are sick from birth and never get better. They yearn to do violence to others because of a hardware or software glitch in their brains. There's little alternative to permanent isolation, with continued attention to needs like food and shelter, unless you're a fan of bringing back the policy of exile. A tainted person is cast out to fend for themselves.

Others are sick because of environmental poisoning and have the potential to get better with a change in scenery. If they locked up each and every kid who wanted or expressed the intent to do violence to another, 3/4 of the country's children would be behind bars in short order. How many times have you seen children hitting each other, shooting each other these days, ganging up to rape each other for christ's sake. This is a twisted society that needs to get un twisted quick. Anybody who doesn't see that has probably adapted too well to the broken society.

The truth is cities drive people mad, either little by little or all at once in a fireworks-like display. Get rid of the city model of living, I guarantee the incidences of youth violence, rape, robbery, fraud, and felony assault shrink to almost nothing. Imagine all the plagues of society vanishing with a few high rises..

Probably not entirely accurate because human beings have indocrinated their young for thousands of years, and we are now paying the highest premium. We have cultivated insane offspring because of our twisted rules and selfish rulers, and now it is our duty to deal with them in one way or another (the children and the rulers). The Hawaiian islanders might once have suggested a rock, some farmers would disagree and tell you the best way to get rid of unwanted animals is a gunny sack and a river.

I'm sure I'm going to catch hell for this, but the truth is we're one of the few herds that has the capability and the penchant to cull itself. At least make suicide legal..c'mon..

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
And perhaps they should question "charles" and find out what he did to them to make them so upset?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Look on the bright side, they did not eat the crayons!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i believe these little kids probably will grow up to become killers unless they are locked up in jail for the rest of their lives...the brave actions of the law enforcement officials saved countless lives.

new topics

top topics

join