It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I am board with life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thats right, is this all there is to life ? Get up, goto work, pay bills, argue with a debt collector once a month and punch a brick wall at least once a week. Grrr. I wish my life would be like a " james bond 007" intense action plot or even like the tv series "Farscape" or "Star Gate" all 3 rolled into one would be pretty epic. I have this spark in me that wants to live to the fullest and do something worth while in life. Does anyone else get these burst of thrill seeking and living in the moment ?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Abavs

So save your money and go cage diving with sharks or something. There are plenty of ways to get a thrill here on earth. You just have to plan accordingly in order to realize them.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Connect four is always a good one when you're board.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I am board with life

Well lighten up and don't be so wooden and things might change.

edit on 27-11-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nope, you're free to change everything that you are currently doing right now and be free of all of what society wants you to do.

I too was sick of being subject to the waning of the economy and societal expectations. To escape it after high school I saved up $15,000 by myself and went traveling for 3 years. Found a partner that is infinitely fascinating and wants to escape society with me, married her, and now this year we're moving to an acreage to live off the grid in the Canadian Rockies and experimenting with green energy production, sustainable living, yet in a modern lifestyle (home wise that is)

You're subjecting yourself to this type of life on your own. It's up to you to change it or accept that you were too comfortable living this type of lifestyle

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Looking at the title o your post, I'd recommend the excitement o learning about homonyms and spelling.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Volunteer. Contact your local Community Emergency Management Dept/Fire and learn about rescues, police, disasters, rescues, preparing landing zones for helicopter, nuclear response, radiological training, haz mat, medical triage, etc, etc, etc. Its a blast...for all ages over 21, usually fully paid for so it costs you NOTHING . They are fun, youll learn about other cool things, talk to your neighbors, police, fire and ER Teams/ Plus, it'll get you out at least once a month.

What people DONT get about this...is after you join a local city, county or state org and you train? You ARE NOT REQUIRED TO EVER respond to a request for volunteers in say a major incident. Its the training of the community they want. And your community could use your help sometime if you could be available.

If you live in the states, go to ready.gov and look for C.E.R.T (Community Emergency Response Teams)...or in your country call the local Fire Dept or Police for Community ER Response. And you dont need to be Joe-Superman. We need all kinds...young old, people who can just write things down, direct traffic...you name it...we need it.

I recently trained in a closed mall rappelling down from a Cookie Store level 3 down to a Music Store 1st floor. A blast on a Saturday! Another time, I put ketchup on and a helicopter survival flight loaded me on!

There are many many other things to get involved in outside of this. Its just my thing...You dont have to feel stuck in a dead end situation over and over.

Good luck...its a big world outside....

MS, 1st responder, EMT/ERT
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security
Region 2 South, Wayne County Mich
I.C.S./Incident Command

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Have some Rum! Your boredom will vanish before you can say 1..2..3

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Live life as an adventure! I left home at 15. I didnt start conforming until I had a child and knew what I wanted to build...that was 6 years ago when I was 43.

Now I have a farm, chickens, a greenhouse, a pond etc...is it still mundane? Yes, but more tolerable.

Best of luck my friend, I feel you

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

First off, while I think I understand what you are getting at.... be careful what you wish for. Action/adventure is great from the comfort of your own sofa.... but I suspect running for your life from a hail of bullets may not be all that enjoyable.

That being said... I know what you mean about being bored. I think most of us have been there.

There's three ways to go about changing this...

1) Change your mindset. It takes a lot of discipline (a discipline that I have yet to master).

2) Big changes. Can you afford to change your job or career? Can you afford to move to a new place or a different part of your same town/city?

3) Minor, subtle changes. I heard this years ago on one of those cheesy call-in radio shows late at night. The caller essentially said what you did in your OP. The response was kinda obvious yet something I've used many times over the years. If you can't make major changes.... make little ones. Drive a different way to/from work. Stop off at a different place to pick up your coffee or groceries. Listen to different kinds of music. Just basically change your routine. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I've found that it can go a long way to breaking up some of the monotony.

I'm actually at the other end. My wife and I have a son and recently purchased a house. I sincerely MISS some of those times when everything was routine. I promise you I'm not complaining but at times.... the grass is always greener....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Live life as an adventure! I left home at 15.

Cheers.

I left at a slightly older age (18) but I remember those days so fondly. My high-school sweetheart and I (twenty + years my wife now) venturing off into the world.... no real plan.... never knowing how we were going to get by. It was a bit scary at the time... but I wouldn't go back and change a thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Get married, have kids.

Never, ever be bored again.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Thank you for the nod. Grew up in a cornfield, bailing hay...no friends, just work. I read the Encyclopedia from end to end and that inspired me to visit Mexico for a short stint then I bought a one way ticket to Greece. After Italy, Japan, Australia, Seychelles, Kenya and innumerable places in between I found my present life.

I have 2 more places to go after raising my daughter and putting my wife through school....the Andes and the Himalayas...I just cannot go until they are solid..then if all seems steady for them Ill head out again...Sanyasin I will be.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The gift we have as humans "creativity" , seems the only true outlet I've found. I have spent years salvaging old heart pine lumber discarded weekly in this older neighborhood , lets just say my backyard might remind some of Mr. Kesuke Miyagi from karate kid , with cats living in paradise

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

When you make it to the Andes.... do me a favor and order a Pisco Sour at a local watering-hole. I'd be curious how they are down there (compared to what is served up here in North America).

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I have this spark in me that wants to live to the fullest and do something worth while in life. Does anyone else get these burst of thrill seeking and living in the moment ?

Of course. I thought the military would set me on that path. Be careful what you wish for.....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I am board with life

You could always brush up on your spelling.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We just got hit with 60 cm of snow past 2 days, wax you board and go rip.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abavs
Thats right, is this all there is to life ? Get up, goto work, pay bills, argue with a debt collector once a month and punch a brick wall at least once a week. Grrr. I wish my life would be like a " james bond 007" intense action plot or even like the tv series "Farscape" or "Star Gate" all 3 rolled into one would be pretty epic. I have this spark in me that wants to live to the fullest and do something worth while in life. Does anyone else get these burst of thrill seeking and living in the moment ?

The military is always hiring. Try the Marines.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If you decide to check out early, can I have your skin?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join