It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

India's Modi Admits Plan Shifting Nation To "Cashless Society"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Another Country contemplating a Cashless Society.

Anyone else feel extremely hesitant about this and where it appears to be leading? Although we're in North America not India or Singapore, there is this vague feeling that the 1% wish this upon the entire Globe. Easier to Control People is one validified reason for them to create such a Society.

Thoughts?

www.zerohedge.com...

Two weeks ago, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi demonetised an estimated 86% of rupees in circulation, offering conversion into a bank account or into smaller currency notes until 31 December, after which these notes will have no redemption value. Together with forgeries in circulation, it could be over 90% of all circulating money.

The terms of redemption are so inconvenient for anyone other than black-marketeers, that for all purposes $50bn equivalent of rupees have been eliminated from the economy at a stroke, pending the introduction of new currency notes. The sadness in all this is that Modi should have foreseen the extent of the disruption to the poor and rural communities, but has obviously forgotten the hard lessons of life learned in his youth as a lowly chai wallah.

It could be that the Reserve Bank went along with it as a government puppet, consoling itself with the thought it would be a good way to write off obligations, believing a significant quantity of notes is likely never to be redeemed by black-marketeers and tax evaders. It effectively reduces the central bank’s obligations to the private sector at the expense of those the state likes least. However, the $10-20bn equivalent the state will make from it is less important than the disruptive economic effect and the likely impact on the rupee’s future purchasing power.

The purpose of this article is to look at the economic consequences of Modi’s action. Initial estimates by western macroeconomists of the effect on GDP seems to be benigni. It could be because their contacts in India are typically the more highly-paid city bourgeoisie, who rarely spend cash except for tips, using bank and credit cards more normally for everyday purchases.

These people would almost certainly welcome moves to bring illegal trading under control and extend the income tax base, playing down the negatives. However, the cash immediately removed amounts to about 2.5% of GDP, eventually to be replaced at an unspecified time in the future by the new notes bearing a portrait of the Mahatma. But while these notes are shortly to become available, it could take months to convert ATMs and ensure their widespread availability.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
www.corbettreport.com...

Just this week Norway has jumped aboard the cashless society agenda with DNB, the country’s largest bank, calling for a total end to cash.
The story only sounds shocking only to people who haven’t heard the similar stories from Sweden or Denmark or India or Israel or any of the dozens of other countries whose banksters and (bankster-controlled) governments have openly lusted after a world of completely trackable, completely bank-controlled transactions.

Corbett Reporteers will be no stranger to the war on cash. I’ve made videos discussing it, conducted interviews about it, written articles examining it and dissected it on the radio. The war has been waged through mainstream propaganda outlets, TV advertisements and even children’s games.

We’ve heard cash is dirtied by drug dealing, tarnished by terrorism, tainted by tax evasion (heaven forbid!) and just plain dirty. Not to mention sooooo outdated.

According to this report here's a List of Countries slowly going Cashless:

ARGENTINA
AUSTRALIA
BELGIUM
CANADA
CHINA
DENMARK
ECUADOR
EU
FRANCE
GERMANY
HONGKONG
INDIA
IRELAND
ISRAEL
ITALY
KENYA
MEXICO
NETHERLANDS
NORWAY
PHILIPPINES
SAUDI ARABIA
SPAIN
SWEDEN
URUGUAY
UK

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Funny, I just saw a commercial for paypal, it's slogan is "paypay, it's new money".

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Funny, I just saw a commercial for paypal, it's slogan is "paypay, it's new money".

I seriously don't like where this is headed. We'll see more ads like that one in the future no doubt..

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, india has out of control bribe problam. If you are not an indian you will never umderstand how big is the problam is. recently there was this boy begging begging people money with his dads body. Becouse autorities demanded 3000 rupees to give him death cerificated. It was on all over the net. Going cashless will bring down this bribe culture.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yea it's scary i've seen it coming for ages.

In the 80's i rmember it being singapore going cashless and i thought it was really wacked back then, it was unheard of like something outta a 1984 novel.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A way to finally enforce the chip?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

If you got nothing to hide, you wont refuse the chip? All the terrorists running around, we have to protect ourselfs. 😂

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Soros want this. And as a rule of thumb, you always want the opposite of what Soros wants.

Funny thing is, we already have capital controls in place. Slowly boiling the water with the frog inside

edit on 27-11-2016 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

A cashless society is scary as hell. Basically the government would be able to monitor EVERYTHING you buy and sell with no exceptions. Hell, to even participate in the marketplace selling things, you would need a chip reader or card reader that would report everything to the central government......scary stuff.

If this were ever to take place, it would open up a HUGE black market for regular items for people who dont want the government in their business. Bartering with precious metals or trade of services and such.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
India is a perfect test case for many different constructs of society. It is like post WW2 Europe which allows India to implement strategies for nation building based off of different energy sources as well as transportation methods.

-Cashless system, as previously states, allows for complete documentation of all purchases as well as an extreme amount of control over trade.

-Many energy industries are competing to power the nation. As a largely undeveloped nation they can initiate their masses to completely different forms of delivery and costs/payments without blow back from people being used to the pros and cons of the older systems.

India also has a large, and I mean LARGE population of trained computer scientists, engineers, and physicists which really sets them up to become significant players in the game of geopolitics.

Interesting post OP

-FBB

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

Yeah that's it the end of it.

Nice Avatar man

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

A cashless society is scary as hell. Basically the government would be able to monitor EVERYTHING you buy and sell with no exceptions. Hell, to even participate in the marketplace selling things, you would need a chip reader or card reader that would report everything to the central government......scary stuff.

If this were ever to take place, it would open up a HUGE black market for regular items for people who dont want the government in their business. Bartering with precious metals or trade of services and such.

That's the worst part, being monitored. They already make over half of all americans pee into a jar before they'll even look at them for a job. I don't see politicians taking psych tests or doing anything close to what the general public has to, it makes me sick.

There could be a major backlash if this carries through.

Homeless people will starve unless they go to a shelter for help. 30 yrs in the future they'll bring back public hangings who knows what they'll do next.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

I will refuse it, it's simply against most worldwide constituitions that were create for democracies, and I have nothing to hide, but I loooove the last remains of my own self privacy.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks man

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It will happen and it will be the fact that by signing up, you'll get your " national income ".

The digital age is here, as someone who has been working with bitcoin and other altcoins for the last 4 years, I see so many implications of an electronic currency that it's amazing.

We really can have a national income and we can make the corporations and other companies foot the bill, by buying data and extra digital resources hosted on the very altcoins we'd use.

If you don't want gooberment knowing what you're buying, I'm sure giftcards will still remain, they don't track like you're currency would.

Also got to remember, for every thing we'd be tracked, the government, elites and such would be tracked too, we'd even have a better accountability for voting.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
It will happen and it will be the fact that by signing up, you'll get your " national income ".

The digital age is here, as someone who has been working with bitcoin and other altcoins for the last 4 years, I see so many implications of an electronic currency that it's amazing.

We really can have a national income and we can make the corporations and other companies foot the bill, by buying data and extra digital resources hosted on the very altcoins we'd use.

If you don't want gooberment knowing what you're buying, I'm sure giftcards will still remain, they don't track like you're currency would.

Also got to remember, for every thing we'd be tracked, the government, elites and such would be tracked too, we'd even have a better accountability for voting.

That's a good point you noted there, gift cards. That will undoubtedly be the last means of covert purchasing power. There would be a rise in gift cards should this take place on a large scale.

Somehow I don't see this going down in North America without a fight though.

top topics

join