It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's, 1 in 7 billion chance of being observed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

If extraterrestrials had visited Earth, I think it'd be extremely unlikely anyone would have seen them. Maybe a small amount of people, but that'd be all.
There's just no sense in hundreds of extraterrestrials visiting Earth, for no reason other than to show off some moves. I believe people have seen UFOs though, I've seen at least one, people I trust have seen them too.
I don't believe they're ETs though. I believe they come from here, either from a parallel reality, a universe that is somehow linked to ours, or they're some sort of phenomena that we don't yet understand (say dark matter beings, or KPB's plasma beings).

If extraterrestrials ever do visit or have visited, I think maybe there's a way to manipulate reality. I don't believe in faster than light, point A to point B travel. I don't like using the phrase "other dimension," but maybe there's a way to punch through to another reality/dimension, where long distance travel is made easier.
Still, even if possible, the way UFOs act doesn't make any sense to be extraterrestrial in nature.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Spacespider

You don't know what UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT implies in the Alien/UFO forum on ATS? Are you kidding?!?!?

If you can identify the object it's no longer labeled a UFO it's labeled exactly what it is...Objects that we have a hard time identifying flying in the sky remains unidentified because it doesn't appear to be anything we can identify with. You should look up the definitions of identify and unidentify before commenting on ATS. Based on many observations of the behavior of unidentified flying objects there has been 1000's of conclusions that the unidentified flying object is intelligently controlled. Who the occupants are, that's up for debate.

Sure just make up your own rules what words means..
UFO is not a alien craft..
A alien craft is a alien craft and a UFO is somehing flying and unidentified

....and even the ones we CAN'T find an explanation for are are called "aliens from outer space" a lot. We don't know that. We can surmise the unexplained sightings are likely intelligently controlled in some cases. I dunno, it just doesn't seem right to assume aliens from outer space. It's like the human race in it's early development calling natural things that were not yet understood as being an act of a god. We want to label things we don't understand, and in doing so may be limiting our ability to understand it's true nature

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Spacespider

You don't know what UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT implies in the Alien/UFO forum on ATS? Are you kidding?!?!?

If you can identify the object it's no longer labeled a UFO it's labeled exactly what it is...Objects that we have a hard time identifying flying in the sky remains unidentified because it doesn't appear to be anything we can identify with. You should look up the definitions of identify and unidentify before commenting on ATS. Based on many observations of the behavior of unidentified flying objects there has been 1000's of conclusions that the unidentified flying object is intelligently controlled. Who the occupants are, that's up for debate.

Sure just make up your own rules what words means..
UFO is not a alien craft..
A alien craft is a alien craft and a UFO is somehing flying and unidentified

Wow trolling is your thing isn't it? There is no scientific proof of an alien craft...what you call an alien craft I call a UFO, because we don't know who the occupants are...I literally just wrote that, and you skipped right over it, at least you quoted it. You keep derailing my thread to discuss the definition of UFO.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Most people are distracted by their phones, other people, etc. even when they are outside. Think about what you're doing when in the car and someone else is driving. Are you enjoying the ride? The scenery?

I doubt it. You, like most other folks, are probably distracted by your device. People don't go outside and enjoy their surroundings anymore. They're distracted...And for those who aren't, are they looking up?

Sure, there are parts of the world who aren't distracted by their phones, watches or tablets...But these same folks don't have wifi to report such sightings...

If people put their devices down and paid a bit more attention, I'd be willing to be there would be a ton more sightings than there are being reported.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

We're saying there same thing...1 in 7 billion or in my OP I even said 0 in 7 billion because there are probably instances when intelligently controlled unidentified objects who could be aliens, time travelers, demons, or inter-dimensional beings, or if you're not a troll, a plain old UFO.... are not observed.

Famous sightings are famous because there is a lot more going on in the case than someone who catches a glimpse of a fast moving ufo that appears to be intelligently controlled and leaves a person thinking, "was that an alien space ship?"

How many times in those instances do you think the person doesn't report anything to a UFO center or even tell anyone of their family or peers due to public shaming and ridicule?

The fact that so many people are not looking up into the sky, the odds of you asking someone, "Did you see that?" are slim to none.

That is why I conclude that if an alien spaceship which essentially can still be defined academically as a UFO because alien space ships have not been publicly discovered and are not in public museums and textbooks, and whatnot... concludes that when they visit Earth, really 1 person may have the chance of observing it, and that could have to do with how these UFO's maneuver out of space and time on a quantum level to the observer rather than to the whole world and that time flows like a river.

Only a small amount of people to one person can witness a UFO because the UFO appears in their quantum perspective of reality because that is how the UFO moves in and out of space time. This theory correlates with ufo/alien encounters debunked by doctors being a medical condition in your mind. It's all related, the evidence and the debunking evidence, it's one in the same of how the UFO operates.

I think the amount of sightings and lack of witnesses in the 10,000's, 100,000's and millions, you can extrapolate ideas about how complicated these craft are in terms of physics and propulsion.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

We're getting into advanced probability and that is to say the least on the theoretical chance that we need to define the events

1. There is someone else out there
2. That they even care if we exist
3. The list goes on and on....

If you consider the entire planet and the average human visual ability to see you'd probably find that there would be billions of miles of sky being watched and thats before we take into things like CCTV etc providing stuff while you sleep.

Nothing doesn't prove that the little green men from mars are around and probing cartmans ass but the odds are so low its certainly worth contacting your local bookie for a chance this century if they'll give a good price......bookies know a lot and if they won't quote you know you're on a 100% thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I believe they are here and not necessarily flying around at all in the cosmos...but have gone WAAAAAYY beyond anything we can expect of think of. We are thinking in juvenile terms because we know nothing else.

Is Physical Law an Alien Intelligence? Alien life could be so advanced it becomes indistinguishable from physics.
BY CALEB SCHARF

Astronomy & Space: Is Physical Law an Alien Intelligence?
www.astronspace.com/2016/11/is-physical-law-alien-intelligence.html
Nov 19, 2016 -

"What if dark matter is really just aliens?" ... But what Caleb Scharf, director of astrobiology at Columbia University, is suggesting in a new article ...(cont)...when you imagine someone from today being sent back in time to the Stone Age with their hover board, iPhone, and wi-fi connection, it doesn't seem too out there. Even electricity seemed like magic when it was first invented.

But at least our Stone Age ancestors would recognise us as being somehow related to them. Scharf's thought experiment takes things one step further.

"What if life has moved so far on that it doesn’t just appear magical, but appears like physics?" he asks....

"After all, if the cosmos holds other life, and if some of that life has evolved beyond our own waypoints of complexity and technology, we should be considering some very extreme possibilities."

Scharf isn't the first person to suggest that we need to look for aliens beyond our idea of 'life'...(cont)"

I suggest to read the entire piece, and its posted in Real Science and Nautilus as well as other spots....MS

edit on 27-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
People should just stop of making assumptions and taking conclusions.

We are prehistorical gorillas making fire with a rock compared to ANY lifeform that could travel the space beyond the light barrier. We can't understand them yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I believe they are here and not necessarily flying around at all in the cosmos...but have gone WAAAAAYY beyond anything we can expect of think of. We are thinking in juvenile terms because we know nothing else.

Is Physical Law an Alien Intelligence? Alien life could be so advanced it becomes indistinguishable from physics.
BY CALEB SCHARF

Astronomy & Space: Is Physical Law an Alien Intelligence?
www.astronspace.com/2016/11/is-physical-law-alien-intelligence.html
Nov 19, 2016 -

"What if dark matter is really just aliens?" ... But what Caleb Scharf, director of astrobiology at Columbia University, is suggesting in a new article ...(cont)...when you imagine someone from today being sent back in time to the Stone Age with their hover board, iPhone, and wi-fi connection, it doesn't seem too out there. Even electricity seemed like magic when it was first invented.

But at least our Stone Age ancestors would recognise us as being somehow related to them. Scharf's thought experiment takes things one step further.

"What if life has moved so far on that it doesn’t just appear magical, but appears like physics?" he asks....

"After all, if the cosmos holds other life, and if some of that life has evolved beyond our own waypoints of complexity and technology, we should be considering some very extreme possibilities."

Scharf isn't the first person to suggest that we need to look for aliens beyond our idea of 'life'...(cont)"

I suggest to read the entire piece, and its posted in Real Science and Nautilus as well as other spots....MS

Just perfect. Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

'Welcome...Ive always felt that we dont know what to look for, what they/them/it is anyway...they prob dont need "ships" to "fly" and "propell" themselves around in...orbs...or need colored lights underneath everyone sees.

We need to face it. We just dont know of things made on places we never knew about, materials that weve not discovered because they are made of other substances never seen and are only found elsewhere in the universes with processes we have no idea about, and beings made of invisible atoms, or cells...I mean...c'mon guys!

We just dont know or have the full capacity to understand it when we see it. Thats why I say the odds are they are here, have always been here, and more are coming and going from here. All of it.

Ships, and magnetics, and propulsion methods ...baloney. It all we know to think of....but they are most likely far beyond any such things. Im betting we have no clue...so guess whats right here right now???? And I believe that 110%.

Thank YOU for the reply too!

edit on 27-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think that U.F.O.'s (not every single one just the truly unidentifiable ones) are something that we can't even begin to comprehend. Our knowledge of physics limits us, at this moment in our evolution, to understand what they are. Which may take centuries if not millennia, to get our heads around the answer to true U.F.O.'s.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I think what they were implying is people assume UFO to automatically mean "alien spaceship" and not simply an unidentified flying object. Saying they're one and the same is a huge assumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join