It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Security Classified Computer Server Rackmount Mosler Safe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Browsing Craigslist Seattle/Tacoma for used HAM radio equipment, came across this listing for a high security computer safe. Having an interest in computer equipment, I decided to check it out despite the very high cost (way way way out of my price range). Upon closer inspection, it seemed that someone may have been pulling my leg and now I am walking a bit lopsided. Here is part of the listing:

Recent job prospect fell through, so I will no longer be needing this for my private email server... If interested, please contact Hillary or Bill with the email link above. MOSLER High Security IPS (Information Protection System) Large 2-door, 2-lock, safe / vault for computer/network components Mosler brand. Made in USA. HEAVY solid plate steel. Comes on rolling wood dolly. Weight is 1250 pounds. Drill and torch resistant solid plate steel; Made in USA. [ MSRP is upwards of $9000 for similar vaults ] I will negotiate price and/or accept best-offers depending on delivery, etc. $5200 or best-offer For securely housing computer servers, hard drives, networking equipment, etc Equipped with drill and torch resistant armor steel (GSA Class 5 rating). Was used to protect classified network electronics 24/7. This vault is also equipped with powered two blower fans that pull air from armored bottom intake and vent out the top. There are also several small ports for routing fiber optic, cat 5, 120v cables, etc. I've had Allied Security service this safe and reset the combinations.

It may, in fact, be a legitimate listing, but if you read carefully, you might have a chuckle. Original Listing

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That thing doesn't even protect your emails!!

I'll give 100$ each for the castors.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Where it get its power from? basic laws say tip it up a bit and cut the cables under the unit and wheel it out...only of any use where you have good security and a raised floor. Plus in IT anything with a combo safe is pretty much a no no as if whats in fails you don't want fat fingers freddy spending the next month trying to turn the dial.

new topics

join