It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite cusine is....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've been on an Ethiopian kick lately. Some reason I've been craving it. Also there's this little lunch spot that opened up inside of a bodega on my street that is AMAZING. They serve original food made by their chef, and it's like a fusion Mexican/Korean sandwich spot with the BEST sandwiches and Pho.

My favorite is one called the Fuego, it's spicy shredded pork in some kind of awesome sauce with pickled Asian vegetables on top and a garlic cilantro mayo. All inside some weird kind of Mexican bread that's kind of like a pocket for everything to fit in. Oh my god. I think I'm going to walk down there in an hour when they open up haha. This topic has made me hungry.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Okay. Down here in the Caribbean, we have a lot of Cuban, Honderanean food. I remain very fond of Mexican cuisine. It's really VERY different from the previous two, even in the names of foods.

Second: Not sure exactly what "American" cuisine is, but if it involves barbecue and meat and potatoes and greens, I'm down.

Third: Jamaican/Caymanian. Nevermind that we tend to truncate our adjectives (stew beef, steam fish, fry chicken); it's all good, and hearty and satisfying, and it always is served with plenty of breadkind -- which is any starchy vegetable, and usually several: breadfruit, pumpkin, cassava, yam, cooking banana, plantain, etc.

Third: a tie between Italian and Greek. I spent a month in Italy when I was a yewt. I was amazed that I didn't gain any weight. OMG, the food is SO wonderful. You know what? Hell with it, I'm demoting Greek food to fourth place.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A traditional English dish! Chicken Balti

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i'm turned on by the keto diet

i had enough of processed bread, pasta, sugars and rice, mainly the unhealthy way of traditional and commercial cooking.
the alternatives are refreshing and i enjoy cooking with new combinations of flavours and ingredients. like coco nut e.g.

i came across keto here on ats, so thank you for the information. i love the food and cooking threads !

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Greek/Lebanese

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
- Italian
- Ukrainian/Polish/German (they're all very similar)
- Greek
- French Canadian and Metis
- And good ol' homegrown country bumpkin simple "comfort foods"

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GV1997

French
German
Chinese

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My favorite cuisine would have to be Japanese and Korean.

My mother in law is from South Korea, and she makes the best green onion kimchee. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I was over at her house last week and the green onions are just about ready to be picked!!

California cuisine is also up there, it's light, fresh and delicious. Can not live with out produce, lots of fruits and vegetables in my diet.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
When i was in NYC i found this kosher Russian/Jewish place on Queens Blvd run by a family of the homeliest women I've ever seen . But oh dear Lord did they know what to do in their kitchen It was so good I went back the next 3 nights. The quick pickled veggies and kabobs were insane. So if there's such a thing as Kosher Russian....that.

Korean. My aunt was korean, and i fell in love with her cooking.

Churrascaria. When i feel i am ready to waddle anyway.

German. Spoetzl and schnitzel might be my favorite dish on the planet. Extra butter on the spoetzl, please.
edit on 11/28/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: dangling participle

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
When i was in NYC i found this kosher Russian/Jewish place on Queens Blvd run by a family of the homeliest women I've ever seen . But oh dear Lord did they know what to do in their kitchen It was so good I went back the next 3 nights. The quick pickled veggies and kabobs were insane. So if there's such a thing as Kosher Russian....that.

Korean. My aunt was korean, and i fell in love with her cooking.

Churrascaria. When i feel i am ready to waddle anyway.

German. Spoetzl and schnitzel might be my favorite dish on the planet. Extra butter on the spoetzl, please.

kosher russian yes,
kebab, plov, borcht, manti, chiburek

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

we joked to each other that when your daughters look like that, they better know how to cook.

I've eaten some amazing meat dishes in my life. Nothing rates close to those kebobs. I ordered twice the first night, so i could have more protein. Before I left their whole family came in to have dinner. It looked like they did it every day from the way they moved through it ll.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
American BBQ or steak or lobster, Italian lasagna, veal or pizza.

I like BBQ myself. Memphis and KC are my favs.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Does southern American count?

sure does, I love Peruvian.

Southern fried chicken, buttermilk mashed potatoes, and gravy on everything!

Heck let's talk breakfast: southern biscuits & gravy, fresh corned beef hash, hash browned potatoes.

Man, now I gotta go Cook!

southern and soul food are delicious.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
French
German
Chinese

Those are all great. I like authentic Chinese, not the take out style, my favorite is hot pot.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm going to say New American haute cuisine. I do feel that is kind of cheat answer since the boundaries are not clearly defined. But take for example Annisa in NYC or Kyirisan in Washington, DC.

The chef at Annisa is a South Korean woman who plates with new French sensibilities. Her food is this Asian/French fusion blend of the highest quality. But it's really just a new American restaurant.

Kyirisan in DC is similar. The chef there is Chinese. Chine influenced French plated new American.

New American in my eyes is going to be a blend of three things. French style classical plating, any countries indigenous food with this high quality American feel over it. It is truely a fusion food of cultures with an American taste.

Then I would say

Italian/French
Asian (including Indian)
Anything else that looks fantastic to shove in my fat face.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I'm going to say New American haute cuisine. I do feel that is kind of cheat answer since the boundaries are not clearly defined. But take for example Annisa in NYC or Kyirisan in Washington, DC.

I felt I was implying this in my post.

David Chang would be someone who I think epitomizes this style, American haute cuisine with a Korean foundation.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

One of my fellow sous worked at momofuku in NYC. He worked the ramen station. Made Dashi. The guy came Phoenix and I don't think he was ready for the amount of covers they received. He can make a mean broth now though

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Momofuku is one of my favorite restaurants, the food is amazing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I keep meaning to ask him for his dashi recipe.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I keep meaning to ask him for his dashi recipe.

I do a pretty good dashi but I would certainly like to see his if he shares it with you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join