It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite cusine is....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What is your favorite cuisine? What country or countries food makes you go crazy?

I really like French, especially bistro style from the south of France. After visiting there I found the simplicity, taste, preparation, ingredients and cost to be the best I have had. I can eat bistro food all day with my favorite being a croque madame with some frites.

So what's yours?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am a fan of just about anything but if I had to pick a few of the top ones they would be, in no particular order: Italian, Japanese, French and Indian.

They all have contributed to world cuisine be adding to the collective of styles and ingredients. They also all display micro-regional cooking where items like their 'national dishes', or even some lesser known ones, are prepared differently, but just as well, from town to town and house to house. Grandma's paste e fagioli, daal, miso soup or cassoulet are all going to be as appealing as those you order in a restaurant.

I would also include the macro-regional American and Mediterranean cuisine as they incorporate a host of other styles where there is crossover of ingredients and flavors. The dishes that arise when cultures bump up against each other are always innovative and delicious.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Is chinese take-out cuisine?
If so, that.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Indian, Italian, Mexican in no particular order. French cuisine is pretty good if you ignore the grossness. There was no French cuisine as such until Catherine De Medici brought Italian recipes and techniques from Italy in the fifteen hundreds and that particular fact is one that I particularly enjoy reminding French people of. On a side note she also invented knickers which I am also extremely grateful for.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yes, French cuisine-especially because of all the sauces. I was self-taught from Julia Child's cook book in the 70's because my special man loved French cuisine but was too broke to take us out to eat as he had just started his own business. It was difficult because I had no cooking experience but I wanted to please him.
Growing up southern, it completely challenged me.
It's really hard to find a great French restaurant-so I cook for myself these days.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Spicey , gotta be HOT !
Sezhaun chinese , Thai , Malay .
Eat little thai chillis as snack .
edit on 271116 by VengefulGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Houmus, halva, Turkish delight. I think I got a taste for Middle Eastern food.

Plus a nice vegetable curry and chapattis.

Most of which I am now allergic to

Happy memories, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ya know, I've never had a "favorite". I like everything from fried crickets to pickled bologna. And if you've never had pickled bologna, don't feel left out, it's a Southern thang. Must be served with Saltine crackers and an RC. Or Pepsi. Never Coke. That's just gauche.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Animals.
Plants.

That order.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GV1997

American BBQ or steak or lobster, Italian lasagna, veal or pizza.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I enjoy many cuisines but if I had to narrow it down to a few of my favourites I'd have to go with Japanese, Eastern European, Italian, Mainland Chinese, Indian, Moroccan and french. A fun game my friends and I play is we get out a map of the world and blindly thow darts at it. wherever the darts land we research the local cuisine and each make a dish for an amazing pot luck.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Does southern American count?

Southern fried chicken, buttermilk mashed potatoes, and gravy on everything!

Heck let's talk breakfast: southern biscuits & gravy, fresh corned beef hash, hash browned potatoes.

Man, now I gotta go Cook!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Does southern American count?

Southern fried chicken, buttermilk mashed potatoes, and gravy on everything!

Heck let's talk breakfast: southern biscuits & gravy, fresh corned beef hash, hash browned potatoes.

Man, now I gotta go Cook!

I was thinking along those lines as well Jesss but, wasn't sure it would qualify.

We don't eat any of that anymore (well occasionally possum gravy and cat head biscuits!
)

Geez, what I wouldn't do for a big ol' fat fried chicken leg!

I'll just be over here eating my lettuce

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I enjoy pretty much any Mexican food, as long as it is HOT HOT HOT. 2nd favorite has to be Italian. Love my pasta, lasagna, veal parm, etc. Not to mention, when you sit down for a traditional Italian meal, holy hell they give you a lot of food.

I am also a big fan of BBQ, brisket being my favorite. This thread is making me hungry, so I opened up the fridge and I have nothing to eat.....man, it sucks being a bachelor sometimes.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Cheese but not that runny kind.

"You are what you eat"

On a more serious note.....I love the regional Mexican food served in Texas, New Mexico and some places in Arizona.

In Mexico I usually order a burger.

Sometimes the craving for the sub genera of 7/11 food becomes an addiction. Twinkies, slimjims washed down with a 40 of Steel Reserve.
edit on 27-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hmmm, we taco everything - soft taco - flank steak, shredded pork, carnitas, lengua. So I guess we do a lot of Mexican in this house.

I love Japanese.

A top-notch BBQ rib is hard to pass up.

We make quantities of hummus in the house to every summer and tzatziki.

I don't know if we have a specific favorite. But I'd have to say we lean Mexican. But we'll eat or try just about anything.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Greek.
Northern Italian.
Chinese....but not hot.
St. Louis-style ribs.
Polish.

A lot of the foods I used to love...now not so much as I have had to 95% eliminate gluten.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
forgot to add......I can literally sit down and eat infinite gyros......so good.

carry on.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I forgot to add that we also eat a LOT of fish. Usually there is fish on our plate at least twice every week.

Mostly Swai and salmon, but we also do ocean perch, catfish, rainbow trout and anything else that bumbles into our price range at the fish counter. We've gone through three fish mongers at our grocery store and all of them have wound up being pretty good acquaintances to the point where they know us on sight and look forward to our visits every week.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Romane noodles

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join