It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps changes Trump Tower to Dump Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Somebody’s favorite skyscraper was mysteriously rebranded Saturday night.
For at least nine hours, the name of Donald Trump’s prize prop­erty at Fifth Avenue and 56th changed on Google Maps from “Trump Tower” to “Dump Tower.”
At around 11 p.m., it changed back to “Trump,” only to become “Dump” again early Sunday morning.
Later no name was displayed.
Google released a statement saying, “some inappropriate names were surfacing in Google Maps that should not be, and we apologize for any offense this may have caused. Our teams immediately took action and have fixed the issue.”

A Trump spokeswoman did not respond to a request for comment.
nypost.com...

Google maps has always had strange things going on. Although I don't think I would consider that an easter egg.

You may have seen the occasional humorous suggestion in directions on Google Maps – like when it used to tell people to swim across the Atlantic Ocean.

Or jet ski across the Pacific Ocean. Travel by dragon or Loch Ness Monster.
www.buzzfeed.com...

Do you think Trump should fire them?

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Funny, I just googled Google HQ, and a map of Hillary Clintons butt-hurtness came up - who wooda thunk??

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Obviously they have some very bored staff, not easy to supervise.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Don't apoligise, just -

Sack the staff.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
According to their terms you can't defame when adding a location for example. Users apparently agreed with the change.

Add a missing business or other public landmark Your edits will be published on Google Map Maker (terms of use). Google will email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other users who review your edits. Learn more.
Source

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Childish... Perhaps. Funny.... Yes, however un-origional. Fire bored workers...nah.... Just up the work. Have the bored ones come up with another way to navagate or something. Call them project "Y" as in why did these people think they would get away with being so silly.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Do you think Trump should fire them?

It's Trump. I'm sure it's fire, sue, imprison, and build a wall around. Not necessarily in that order.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Lol that's pretty funny.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Shows how mature that are.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Funny, I just googled Google HQ, and a map of Hillary Clintons butt-hurtness came up - who wooda thunk??

...and he drops the mic and walks offstage. Bravo sir.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Typical whining and crying of liberals,liberals never grow up,live in a dream world expect the world to care for them,they say one thing,then do the other,like mindless children

new topics

top topics

join