It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism - The birth of Christ vs the Anti-Christ, an analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I used to have a friend who had a super-religious mother from a South-American country. I don't know, she might have been Catholic or something like that. She used to pray at the table, and often do this gesture thing where you would draw the cross by kissing your hand, touching your forehead and then each of your two shoulders whenever it was warranted.

I don't know if anybody knows but Hispanic countries have many super-'religious' people.

Anyway, one day when we were in 8th or 9th grade, I guess between 12 and 14 years old, me, this friend, and a bunch of other people decided to cut-out of school with some girls and hang out. We waited until my friends mother (the super-religious person I spoke about) left for work and then we went to his apartment with the bunch of girls. We had almost exactly one girl for each guy. We bought a bunch of alcohol - wine coolers for the girls, and beer and hard stuff for the guys. We got some music going and had a party. Anyway, we all got pretty wasted. I paired up with this one particular girl I already knew from school - lets say I did not go 'all the way', but I got somewhere.. it being amongst some of my earliest sexual experiences. Others were peeking into the bedroom occasionally and chuckling. I don't know what was going on in the other rooms but things were going on.

We all had a blast and afterwards we cleaned up and tried to leave the apartment the way it was.

That following morning, about 1 am or 3 am in the morning, she (the religious mother) called the mother of another friend freaking out in hysteria. She insisted to that friends mother that she come over and witness these horrors. Her voice was in hysteria and she was out of control, and I think my friend with the religious mother was even beaten by her.

So anyway, my other friends mother goes over to their apartment and she (the religious mother) says, "Look at this !!!". She points over to a potted plant. Inside the potted plant sat a used condom, and unfortunately, yes, the condom even had a little semen in it. She was freaking out! She began to yell at her son in front of my friend and his mother, and even beat him a few times in front of them.

The mother of my other friend was actually relieved to see that we were using condoms and she tried to appease her with words of consolation. Actually, my friends mother thought the whole thing was pretty funny, and she and her son had a good chuckle afterwards. Anyway this was a really funny story at the time and we used to tell it to other friends. Unfortunately, it was not funny at all for my friend who had this crazy-religious mother, and actually, he had a very difficult childhood with this mother and had a lot of pressure growing up.

----

This is only the tip of the iceberg of how 'religious' people can be. Some will even go so far as to flail and whip themselves out of guilt, until they bleed when they have any sexual thoughts.

These sort of mental constructions hearken to a time of medieval Europe or even earlier. I can imagine the pressure some people used to live through with these sort of beliefs.

(So now to the topic of the post..)

My hypothesis is that with people, having to live through hundreds, or thousands of years of these pressures gave birth to other cultural phenomena that opposes or counters these pressures. The Christ giving birth to the anti-Christ so to speak. Through the revulsion of this sort of prudish and 'do-gooder' behavior (which may have been viewed as unnatural), gave birth to the opposite, due to the natural inclination to rebel against it. Maybe as a sort of act of rebellion to counter the prude, "do-gooder", I will have the most outrageous sex ever, and in the most perverse ways, and I will not do good, in fact, I will do "bad", really "bad". I will kill just for fun, and drink their blood, etc.

Maybe just as the medieval Christian beliefs and culture was too "Off-Center" from the natural world, it resulted in an opposite rebellious response from the culture living in that world to oppose it, and stand up against it. However just as the medieval Christian beliefs and culture was too "Off-Center", so became the culture that opposed it.

I was fortunate in a sense to have grown up with one foot in the Western world, but to also have my other foot in the Eastern world. The Eastern world also has its problems, and delusions, but seeing Western culture from the perspective of the Eastern world allowed me to see these problems. For example, in Japan and other Eastern countries, when people want to have sex, they have sex. There is no guilt associated with it, and there is not even the slightest notion of it being bad. And because there is no pressures associated with sex, people have it, and its done, its no big deal, and if people have babies, then they have babies. And due to there being no pressure or guilt associated with sex, there is also no 'perverse' counter-culture to oppose or rebel against the prudishness, and much less over-indulgence in sex. Its just something people do, and it is no big deal.

Sex is only one aspect in how these religions have affected our culture, and we can use it as model to analyze how it has affected it in other aspects as well.

Thoughts?

edit on 27-11-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Neat story. I think there is a lot of truth in it too.

I'm not sure about how it ties with Satanism exactly and it's not exactly a theory dripping with solid evidence, but I think it's still fairly accurate in the overall idea.

Guilt and shame is big in some Religions. It makes for a really good way to control what others do. Clearly it results in problems. Also it's pretty clear that if it results in you beating your children for doing what Nature itself is pushing you to do, especially at that hormonal age, it's probably got a few things confused in it's teachings or at least in how they're being applied.

But that is found a lot in Western Religious practice. Domination of Female by Male Authority. Dominion over Nature by Man. Authority is handed down by the church over man which it allegedly receives from God in secret. Does that sound like something you should trust or that seems accurate and believable??? Because it's still being used today and for some reason people still find it believable. I can't figure that out either.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm not sure about how it ties with Satanism exactly

So Satanism to me seems construed, like a human mental construction.

Part of it seems like to - do 'wicked' and 'evil' things arbitrarily.

What would motivate people to do that? I speculate that it might have to do with the notion of the 'do-gooder' and the revulsion toward the 'do-gooder' - who is trying to appease God and gain his favor. The revulsion and rebellion toward the 'do-gooder' manifests itself as Satanism which is an exaggerated sort of rebellion toward the notion of the 'do-gooder' - they are manifested the 'do-bad-ers', doing "what thy wilt'.

This is an exploration into what may make people do that sort of stuff. An ode to the notion that 'Satanic' 'worshippers' in 'high' levels of society may be doing all sorts of weird stuff, like pedo stuff, orgies, killings, and in general - inconsiderate things, not from a natural inclination but as a form of religious worship or rebellion to religion.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I'm a bit confused. So you're suggesting aligning yourself with rebelliousness towards religion is also rebelling goodness itself. As if to say goodness springs from religion. Yet, you gave an example of violence towards young teens manifesting itself from religious belief. That's not good, right?

Personally I don't view sexual liberation as bad, nor the philosophy do what thy will (within reason).

I can certainly see modern cultural behavior stemming from a rebelliousness towards religion, but I think it's foolish to think doing so is bad or evil or wicked automatically. Especially when its quite clear both historically, and by reading scripture, that religion isn't always a 'do-gooder' moral philosophy.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Now let me speak. Satanism the way some people see it nowadays is nothing but christian made up Satanism.
I am a self proclaimed atheist/satanist because it is in reality, away from the rewritten texts of the bible, a story of knowledge and freedom of human kind and has nothing to do with biting chickens' heads off or running a paedophile ring.

I have neither the time nor the energy to go into much detail but I can give some ideas that can be researched on the net.

Apart from the bible, there are many other accounts around the world about the major point in the bible.
The great flood for example is mentioned in Mexican accounts as much as in Mesopotamian accounts etc.

Basically all accounts [holy books etc] say the same, that after the flood, certain men who were portrait the same [beard, white, holding a device like a handbag] who went around the world, teaching their knowledge [ for this read about Gobeckli Tepe and the birth of Egyptian culture - which was non existent and suddenly happened].

They taught agriculture and medicine and other vital facts that did not evolve slowly but suddenly appeared within a short span.

Keep this in mind. Wise men, teaching, knowledge and how to be civilized and not a barbarian in the mud.

The serpent.

In Revelation Satan is still described as a serpent. Also in the old tale of the forbidden tree, Satan is a snake.
Yet the worst thing he does is:

Teach KNOWLEDGE and gives insight into the slavery mankind seemed to have blissfully enjoyed. Kind of like Red pill - Blue pill, scenario.

In Mexico meanwhile people worship a snake god, called Quetzalcoatl. Guess what he was doing?

Correct, he taught humans agriculture and scientific knowledge and pyramids were build in his honor.

Even today, the sign for medical related things is the two SNAKES, wrapping around a stick. SNAKES bringing wisdom and knowledge.

To make it short: Snakes and therefore SATAN are not the enemy here. Just like Daemons [the original guys you could summon] were not nasty but kind of an ancient internet. You summoned them to ask them for their wisdom.
Snakes and Daemons are telling us the truth and bring knowledge.

Something that the 'gods' of the time were obviously not interested in, as a knowledgeable populace is a rebellious populace. You can only tyrannize scared sheep. In revelations 'god' forbids, commerce, dancing, music, arts etc.
Satan wants people to WAKE the F*CK up. He is not the enemy.

However the church in the middle ages needed people to be fearful, and they rewrote a lot to suit their agenda. The slander against Satan is akin to reading about Hillary vs. Trump.

Those that condemn the most, have obviously the most to lose. And don't want the truth to come out.

If you then think that Satan only killed 14 people in the whole of the bible, compared to the MILLIONS that this so called 'god' slayed out of anger and boredom or whatever, you sort of have to stop and think:

Who is the actual bad guy here?

It ain't Satan. And all these idiot famous people or uneducated that want to be Satanists by doing rituals with blood and sacrifice and all that malarkey have also no idea. They just copy what medieval punks did to mock the bible. That is not Satanism. Satanism is to acknowledge that there is no EVIL in Satanism, unless you think of progress, knowledge and wisdom as EVIL. The actual EVIL ones are those that want to stop these things. Like all manmade religions.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Satanism is not a religion its closer to a philosophy.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Yeah I hear what your saying.

I'm not saying that goodness necessarily springs from religion, or that rebelling against it is necessarily bad.

When I say 'do-gooder', I was saying it in a negative sense where one does it to 'gain the favor of God' in a sense (or avoid his wrath), and not from a natural inclination.

Specifically, I am trying to understand the behavior of particular secretive occult groups, that are associated with Satanism, though not specifically. Behaviors such as hedonistic sexual rituals and practices, or pedo stuff associated with 'spirit cooking', that has recently surfaced, as well as general practices of cruelty to inflict suffering.

I don't know about the rest, but I was suggesting that the hedonistic and 'perverse' sexual practices of these occult groups may have come about as a sort of rebellion to the prudish and repressed ideas and culture that came from certain Christian cultures. Then I went further to suggest that the practice of cruelty came about as a rebellion or liberation from, the notion of having to be good (and not necessarily from Christianity).

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The biggest point I was trying to make is that maybe they are all man-made cultural notions as opposed to actual phenomena.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm not sure about how it ties with Satanism exactly

So Satanism to me seems construed, like a human mental construction.
Part of it seems like to - do 'wicked' and 'evil' things arbitrarily.

I think of Satanism as anything promoting authoritarianism at the expense of other people's well-being. If you think Satan as a metaphor or Jungian archetype I think of Satan as anyone that seeks power for sake of power. Anyone who is trying to dominate and be the biggest bully at the expense of everyone else. People who are aligned with Satan think selfishness is virtue. And it is the right of the strong to take advantage of the weak.

When I think of Jesus as a metaphor or Jungian archetype I think of a more egalitarian way of being. Someone who is trying to help other people achieve or realize their best potentials and dreams. In one case you are giving people personal power and in the other case you are taking it away. Someone who is aligned with Jesus sees selflessness as a virtue to be valued.

edit on 27-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join